[COMPLETE]: There and Back by George MacDonald-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
rlafoy

Post by rlafoy »

I would like to read this section:

There and Back by George MacDonald (1824 - 1905).

10 The Library 2737 words

I've wanted to read for LibriVox for many years. This is my first attempt.

Please use a pseudonym of: La-Foy

It appears, to me, I passed the 1-minute test on May 3. But, as this is my first attempt at doing this, how do you know? [listener and his suggestions: knotyouraveragejo LibriVox Admin Team Posts: 15728 Joined: November 18th, 2006, 6:37 pm Contact: Contact knotyouraveragejo]

Thank you.

Randy LaFoy
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

rlafoy wrote: May 10th, 2020, 12:47 pm I would like to read this section:

There and Back by George MacDonald (1824 - 1905).

10 The Library 2737 words

I've wanted to read for LibriVox for many years. This is my first attempt.

Please use a pseudonym of: La-Foy

It appears, to me, I passed the 1-minute test on May 3. But, as this is my first attempt at doing this, how do you know? [listener and his suggestions: knotyouraveragejo LibriVox Admin Team Posts: 15728 Joined: November 18th, 2006, 6:37 pm Contact: Contact knotyouraveragejo]

Thank you.

Randy LaFoy
Welcome to LibriVox, Randy! It is exciting to see all the new readers joining LibriVox these days. Yes, there is a bit of a learning curve to understanding the forum, but you've got a good start.

It does look like the LibriVox Admin who responded to your 1 Minute Test would like to see an updated file, though, before moving you on to recording full chapters. The last line Jo wrote over in that thread is, "Please make the above adjustments and upload another test. Just post the link to this same thread to keep all your tests together."

I have reserved this section for you since you are so nearly ready, but it will be helpful for you in the long run to have adjusted your recording software and tried the suggested edits on your short test file before beginning this chapter. It will be great to have you back here when that is ready!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
rlafoy

Post by rlafoy »

Just an FYI, I sent a new test file.

I sent it to "linny." I was seeking to send it to you but also followed your suggestion to send it to the same people.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

rlafoy wrote: May 17th, 2020, 6:06 pm Just an FYI, I sent a new test file.

I sent it to "linny." I was seeking to send it to you but also followed your suggestion to send it to the same people.
Thanks, Randy. I see that mightyfelix has already responded and cleared you for recording! Just follow those same directions for your audio software and carefully follow the instructions in the first post of this thread that tell the specifics for recording, labeling, and uploading files for this book, and have fun recording!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
rlafoy

Post by rlafoy »

:D
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Here is section 2, stepmother and nurse.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thereandback_02_macdonald_128kb.mp3

It is 9.12 MB and it is 9.43 in length. Let me know if there are any corrections needed.

Also it has been a bit since i have read and i accidentally uploaded a file with the chapter name of stepmother and nurse in the name. This file can be deleted off the server.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

JoeS wrote: June 10th, 2020, 11:53 am Here is section 2, stepmother and nurse.

It is 9.12 MB and it is 9.43 in length. Let me know if there are any corrections needed.

Also it has been a bit since i have read and i accidentally uploaded a file with the chapter name of stepmother and nurse in the name. This file can be deleted off the server.
Thank you, JoeS. It is exciting to see the first section audio come in! I will listen soon, but it may take me a bit longer to PL the technical specs as I am in the middle of a complete reset for my faulty PC operating system and have to reinstall every single app I was used to using.
~ Hannah
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

HannahMary wrote: June 10th, 2020, 1:44 pm
JoeS wrote: June 10th, 2020, 11:53 am Here is section 2, stepmother and nurse.

Thank you, JoeS. It is exciting to see the first section audio come in! I will listen soon, but it may take me a bit longer to PL the technical specs as I am in the middle of a complete reset for my faulty PC operating system and have to reinstall every single app I was used to using.
So sorry to hear about your computer problems Hannah. No hurry on the PL so don't worry about any delays.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

JoeS wrote: June 10th, 2020, 1:59 pm So sorry to hear about your computer problems Hannah. No hurry on the PL so don't worry about any delays.
Thank you for your patience, JoeS. I got my computer back up and running with Checker yesterday, and section two is PL OK! Just let me know if you want to claim any more chapters here. :)
~ Hannah
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Hi Hannah, I would like to claim section 7, comparisons. Please and thank you! :D
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

JoeS wrote: June 19th, 2020, 4:23 pm Hi Hannah, I would like to claim section 7, comparisons. Please and thank you! :D
Thank YOU!
~ Hannah
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Hi Devorah,
I just added four recordings to this project (chapters 8, 25, 32, and 56) and wondered if you were possibly interested in doing the PL of those for me since I can't PL my own work. If you're too busy, I can post over on "listeners and editors wanted."
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'd love to! It might take me a few days to get to them, though.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

mightyfelix wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 3:14 pm I'd love to! It might take me a few days to get to them, though.
No rush. Thanks, Devorah!
~ Hannah
csinclair

Post by csinclair »

Section 4, at 22:18.

I amplified it some, but if it's still too quiet I can always read it again.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thereandback_04_macdonald_128kb.mp3