[Full/Fic] The Time Machine by H.G. Wells - lt

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
michellemo5
Posts: 27
Joined: April 8th, 2020, 9:53 pm

Post by michellemo5 » May 26th, 2020, 1:03 pm

Hi Cadastra!

Per your request, I have uploaded the new files with the amplification. Both passed Checker. I hope it all is well. Let me know if you need anything else done!



https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/timemachine_11_wells_128kb.mp3 (18:21)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/timemachine_12_wells_128kb.mp3 (18:11)

MadsfromOz
Posts: 7
Joined: May 21st, 2020, 6:10 pm

Post by MadsfromOz » May 26th, 2020, 4:50 pm

Hi Cadastra,

Thank you. Much appreciated!

Madeleine

mhnadim
Posts: 5
Joined: May 27th, 2020, 11:30 am

Post by mhnadim » May 27th, 2020, 1:04 pm

Hello,

I would like to read 16 Chapter 16
thanks

Munir

cadastra
Posts: 615
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » May 27th, 2020, 3:11 pm

mhnadim wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 1:04 pm
Hello,

I would like to read 16 Chapter 16
thanks

Munir
Hi, Munir:
Welcome to LibriVox! I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you are not quite ready to record for a project yet. Please complete a 1-Minute Test and post it in the Listeners and Editors Wanted Forum. The purpose of the test recording is to ensure that you have the correct technical settings and to identify any other recording issues before you start on projects. See the Newbie Guide to Recording for more information. Once your test recording has been approved, post back here to claim any available sections. Thanks so much.

cadastra
Posts: 615
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » May 27th, 2020, 3:12 pm

michellemo5 wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 1:03 pm
Hi Cadastra!

Per your request, I have uploaded the new files with the amplification. Both passed Checker. I hope it all is well. Let me know if you need anything else done!



https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/timemachine_11_wells_128kb.mp3 (18:21)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/timemachine_12_wells_128kb.mp3 (18:11)
Thanks, Michelle!!

MinaG
Posts: 10
Joined: March 25th, 2020, 2:55 pm

Post by MinaG » May 27th, 2020, 4:52 pm

Hi Cadastra,
not sure if my request to read section 16 and 17 has accidentally been overlooked? :D I posted yesterday.
Thanks

cadastra
Posts: 615
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » May 27th, 2020, 5:51 pm

MinaG wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 4:52 pm
Hi Cadastra,
not sure if my request to read section 16 and 17 has accidentally been overlooked? :D I posted yesterday.
Thanks
Oh, yes! You may read 16 and 17, Mina. Thank you!

BlakeSG
Posts: 13
Joined: May 20th, 2020, 6:37 pm

Post by BlakeSG » May 28th, 2020, 5:30 pm

Hi Cadastra,

Sections 13 and 14 completed below.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/timemachine_13_wells_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/timemachine_14_wells_128kb.mp3

Looking forward to some feedback. I hope they are ok. They are my first recordings so any constructive feedback will be welcomed :)

cadastra
Posts: 615
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » May 29th, 2020, 1:27 pm

BlakeSG wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 5:30 pm
Hi Cadastra,

Sections 13 and 14 completed below.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/timemachine_13_wells_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/timemachine_14_wells_128kb.mp3

Looking forward to some feedback. I hope they are ok. They are my first recordings so any constructive feedback will be welcomed :)
Hi there! What a wonderful job you've done! You sound like a professional narrator!
You really brought the words to life. Some PL notes for you...

-At the end of both chapters, you said "end of chapter." The correct outro is "end of chapter [##]."
-At the end of every recording, we ask that there are five full seconds of silence. Also, we ask that there is a maximum of 0.5-1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording. Currently, both recordings only have about 5 seconds of silence at the end, and Section 14 has >1 second of silence at the beginning.

Please edit the recordings and reupload with the same file names. Post in this thread when the files are ready for spot PL, and include the new file durations in mm:ss. Thank you so much for your contribution to this project!

BlakeSG
Posts: 13
Joined: May 20th, 2020, 6:37 pm

Post by BlakeSG » May 31st, 2020, 9:08 pm

Hi Cadastra,

Thanks very much for your kind words and feedback.

I have now edited and reuploaded the files please see the below.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/timemachine_13_wells_128kb.mp3 - 07:36
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/timemachine_14_wells_128kb.mp3 - 13:04

Please let me know if all is now in order?

Thanks :D

BlakeSG
Posts: 13
Joined: May 20th, 2020, 6:37 pm

Post by BlakeSG » June 3rd, 2020, 3:31 pm

Hi Cadastra,

Just wanted to confirm that my recent uploads with edits as per your PL have been received. Please let me know whether these are ok or whether there is any further work to be done?

Thanks so much :D

cadastra
Posts: 615
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » June 5th, 2020, 8:57 am

BlakeSG wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 9:08 pm
Hi Cadastra,

Thanks very much for your kind words and feedback.

I have now edited and reuploaded the files please see the below.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/timemachine_13_wells_128kb.mp3 - 07:36
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/timemachine_14_wells_128kb.mp3 - 13:04

Please let me know if all is now in order?

Thanks :D
BlakeSG wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 3:31 pm
Hi Cadastra,

Just wanted to confirm that my recent uploads with edits as per your PL have been received. Please let me know whether these are ok or whether there is any further work to be done?

Thanks so much :D
Thanks so much for re-submitting the files. Both sound beautiful now and are PL OK!

MadsfromOz
Posts: 7
Joined: May 21st, 2020, 6:10 pm

Post by MadsfromOz » July 16th, 2020, 7:53 pm

Hi Cadastra and Lynnet,

Here is the link to my recording of Chapter 15 of The Time Machine. Sorry it has taken so long. Apologies as well if I have uploaded it several times. I had some issues with the uploader. If there are multiple versions, you can use whichever one because they are all the same file.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/timemachine_15_wells_128kb.mp3

Looking forward to hearing your feedback on whether the recording is ok.

Thanks,
Madeleine

MinaG
Posts: 10
Joined: March 25th, 2020, 2:55 pm

Post by MinaG » July 18th, 2020, 9:19 am

Hello,
I sincerely apologise but I’m afraid I need to let go of my assigned parts as I just finding it difficult to get some quiet time at home to record! (sections 16 and 17)
All the best with the book to all!
Mina

cadastra
Posts: 615
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » July 20th, 2020, 6:24 am

MadsfromOz wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 7:53 pm
Hi Cadastra and Lynnet,

Here is the link to my recording of Chapter 15 of The Time Machine. Sorry it has taken so long. Apologies as well if I have uploaded it several times. I had some issues with the uploader. If there are multiple versions, you can use whichever one because they are all the same file.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/timemachine_15_wells_128kb.mp3

Looking forward to hearing your feedback on whether the recording is ok.

Thanks,
Madeleine
Thank you! I will PL this today.

Post Reply