[GRP/Adventure] Zarah the Cruel by Joan Conquest - lt

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21277
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » August 24th, 2020, 3:15 pm

fshort wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 2:47 pm
I'd like to record Chapter 21. It will take me awhile with the commotion of school or no school for grandchildren in my midst.
I'm impressed with Lynnet's daughter's wedding coming off. I received 2 formal wedding disinvites. Ribbon on envelope included.
You’ve got it.
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 6 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 5 sections remaining
A Minor War History 12 sections remaining

LibbyZ
Posts: 13
Joined: August 15th, 2020, 5:45 am

Post by LibbyZ » August 29th, 2020, 1:47 pm

Hi there, I'd like to claim section 16, please.
Thanks!
LibbyZ

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21277
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » August 29th, 2020, 3:02 pm

LibbyZ wrote:
August 29th, 2020, 1:47 pm
Hi there, I'd like to claim section 16, please.
Thanks!
LibbyZ
Enjoy
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 6 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 5 sections remaining
A Minor War History 12 sections remaining

LibbyZ
Posts: 13
Joined: August 15th, 2020, 5:45 am

Post by LibbyZ » August 30th, 2020, 11:47 am

Hi Lynnet - chapter 16 has been uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/zarahthecruel_16_conquest_128kb.mp3

thank you,
LibbyZ

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21277
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » August 30th, 2020, 1:23 pm

LibbyZ wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 11:47 am
Hi Lynnet - chapter 16 has been uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/zarahthecruel_16_conquest_128kb.mp3

thank you,
LibbyZ
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 6 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 5 sections remaining
A Minor War History 12 sections remaining

julianpratley
Posts: 678
Joined: February 5th, 2020, 6:11 pm
Location: Canberra, Australia

Post by julianpratley » September 5th, 2020, 4:28 am

LibbyZ wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 11:47 am
Hi Lynnet - chapter 16 has been uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/zarahthecruel_16_conquest_128kb.mp3

thank you,
LibbyZ
PL notes:
  • volume is too low at 83 dB - should be between 86 and 92
  • there are 8 seconds of silence at the end - should only be 5
  • you could use some noise cleaning
  • there are repeats at 8:25 and 19:24
Please make these changes, re-upload and post back here when you're done. Ask if you have any questions :)
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent

LibbyZ
Posts: 13
Joined: August 15th, 2020, 5:45 am

Post by LibbyZ » September 5th, 2020, 11:28 am

Hi Julian - thanks for listening, and for the feedback. I have addressed the noted issues and hope the uploaded file sounds better :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/zarahthecruel_16_conquest_128kb.mp3

- LibbyZ

SalvorHardin2020
Posts: 10
Joined: August 29th, 2020, 7:01 pm

Post by SalvorHardin2020 » September 5th, 2020, 4:11 pm

May I take Section 20?

dlee

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21277
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 5th, 2020, 4:36 pm

SalvorHardin2020 wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 4:11 pm
May I take Section 20?

dlee
Thank you for claiming
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 6 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 5 sections remaining
A Minor War History 12 sections remaining

julianpratley
Posts: 678
Joined: February 5th, 2020, 6:11 pm
Location: Canberra, Australia

Post by julianpratley » September 5th, 2020, 10:13 pm

LibbyZ wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 11:28 am
Hi Julian - thanks for listening, and for the feedback. I have addressed the noted issues and hope the uploaded file sounds better :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/zarahthecruel_16_conquest_128kb.mp3

- LibbyZ
Hmm, something has changed and there's a lot of high pitched squeaking sounds. Might be due to noise reduction - I know that can mess around with audio quality. Do you still have the original file? Maybe try making the same changes on that without the noise reduction and see what happens. Otherwise I can mark this as PL OK since there is nothing technically wrong with it.
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent

ajefferies
Posts: 38
Joined: July 18th, 2019, 10:59 am

Post by ajefferies » September 7th, 2020, 4:43 pm

Hi...it's me!! I just realized it has been 2 months. I usually take care of my part in a few weeks. I am so sorry. I am a teacher, and I have had such LONG days. I can still get to this, but it won't be for another couple of weeks. I can have it done by the end of the month. Just let me know if you want me to do it, or if you need to reassign it. Once again, I am so sorry, but it has been more crazy than you can belive.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21277
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 7th, 2020, 6:11 pm

ajefferies wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 4:43 pm
Hi...it's me!! I just realized it has been 2 months. I usually take care of my part in a few weeks. I am so sorry. I am a teacher, and I have had such LONG days. I can still get to this, but it won't be for another couple of weeks. I can have it done by the end of the month. Just let me know if you want me to do it, or if you need to reassign it. Once again, I am so sorry, but it has been more crazy than you can belive.
Not a problem! Thanks for checking in.
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 6 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 5 sections remaining
A Minor War History 12 sections remaining

RussellEric
Posts: 97
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 6:17 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Post by RussellEric » September 11th, 2020, 4:14 am

I will take 18 and 19 if you like.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21277
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 11th, 2020, 7:25 am

RussellEric wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 4:14 am
I will take 18 and 19 if you like.
Great!
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 6 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 5 sections remaining
A Minor War History 12 sections remaining

fshort
Posts: 605
Joined: June 20th, 2011, 7:02 pm
Location: Woodstock, VT. USA

Post by fshort » September 13th, 2020, 3:21 pm

Florence Short
… Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose...
Janis Joplin -
Lyrics

Post Reply