[HISTORY] The Cambridge Modern History. Volume 01, The Renaissance-Leni

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
Kazbek
Posts: 1701
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » October 2nd, 2020, 2:42 pm

Murphy8104 wrote:
October 2nd, 2020, 10:11 am
Happy Friday!
I've just uploaded the corrections to the PL on Section 28.
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemodernhistory1_28_128kb.mp3

Length: 43:20 db: 89.4 db

Sorry for the delay.

Lisa
Thank you, Lisa!

Michael

geoffreydesena
Posts: 29
Joined: May 13th, 2020, 5:44 am
Contact:

Post by geoffreydesena » October 2nd, 2020, 3:05 pm

Here come sections 31 and 32. I did my best with the pronunciation, and I tried some audio improvement in Audacity. Please let me know where these could be better. Thanks!

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemodernhistory1_31_128kb.mp3
[26:11]

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemodernhistory1_32_128kb.mp3
[35:00]
Sustainably,
Geoffrey DeSena

Kazbek
Posts: 1701
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » October 2nd, 2020, 4:55 pm

geoffreydesena wrote:
October 2nd, 2020, 3:05 pm
Here come sections 31 and 32. I did my best with the pronunciation, and I tried some audio improvement in Audacity. Please let me know where these could be better. Thanks!

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemodernhistory1_31_128kb.mp3
[26:11]

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemodernhistory1_32_128kb.mp3
[35:00]
Thanks so much for the quick turnaround! It may take awhile to PL these. Our DPL has a lot on her plate at the moment. We'll keep in touch. :)

Michael

geoffreydesena
Posts: 29
Joined: May 13th, 2020, 5:44 am
Contact:

Post by geoffreydesena » October 4th, 2020, 5:49 pm

Kazbek wrote:
October 2nd, 2020, 4:55 pm

Thanks so much for the quick turnaround! It may take awhile to PL these. Our DPL has a lot on her plate at the moment. We'll keep in touch. :)

Michael
Sure thing! While I'm still looking for steady employment, I can do such things. :)

I saw that a few other sections are assigned but without a reader's name. Let me know if they back out.
Sustainably,
Geoffrey DeSena

Tinalpacheco
Posts: 10
Joined: January 4th, 2017, 9:35 pm

Post by Tinalpacheco » October 4th, 2020, 9:12 pm

Hello michael
I am posting the 1 minute test as requested. I am using adobe audition and a usb mic on a mac.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_tinalpacheco.mp3
here is the notification.
Please let me know if it is ok and i will proceed with my section
cheers
Tina

Kazbek
Posts: 1701
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » October 5th, 2020, 5:56 am

Tinalpacheco wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 9:12 pm
Hello michael
I am posting the 1 minute test as requested. I am using adobe audition and a usb mic on a mac.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_tinalpacheco.mp3
here is the notification.
Please let me know if it is ok and i will proceed with my section
cheers
Tina
Hi Tina,

I see that someone is already working with you on the test in the other forum. Don't forget to let me know what name you'd like to use in the catalog, so I can create your reader page. :)

Michael

Kazbek
Posts: 1701
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » October 5th, 2020, 2:45 pm

Kazbek wrote:
September 28th, 2020, 6:30 pm
ButlerHowe wrote:
September 28th, 2020, 6:03 pm
may I have sections 44/45 please for the second half of the Norwegian history?
Welcome to LibriVox! I just want to confirm, before I assign you these sections: the chapter is about the Netherlands rather than Norway. Are you still be interested in reading it? :)
Since there was no confirmation, I'm reopening these sections.

Michael

Murphy8104
Posts: 57
Joined: April 15th, 2020, 9:39 am

Post by Murphy8104 » October 7th, 2020, 10:11 am

Hello -
I just uploaded Section 40 (Chapter 12.2) for review. Please let me know how it sounds.
Thanks.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemodernhistory1_40_128kb.mp3

Length: 33.3 minutes
91.1 db


Lisa

Kazbek
Posts: 1701
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » October 7th, 2020, 2:28 pm

Murphy8104 wrote:
October 7th, 2020, 10:11 am
Hello -
I just uploaded Section 40 (Chapter 12.2) for review. Please let me know how it sounds.
Thanks.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemodernhistory1_40_128kb.mp3

Length: 33.3 minutes
91.1 db


Lisa
Thank you, Lisa!

Michael

jenno
Posts: 1009
Joined: August 27th, 2012, 2:52 pm
Location: Chichester NSW Australia

Post by jenno » October 7th, 2020, 5:29 pm

here is chapter 43

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemodernhistory1_43_128.mp3

duration 36.04

I hope it is acceptable. Some of the pronunciations were impossible to track down.

Jennifer


Kazbek
Posts: 1701
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » October 7th, 2020, 6:18 pm

jenno wrote:
October 7th, 2020, 5:29 pm
here is chapter 43

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemodernhistory1_43_128.mp3

duration 36.04

I hope it is acceptable. Some of the pronunciations were impossible to track down.

Jennifer
Thank you, Jennifer! The filename is missing "kb" at the end. Our MC can fix that during cataloging, but if you need to upload the file again for another reason, please use the correct name. :)

Michael

Kazbek
Posts: 1701
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » October 7th, 2020, 6:19 pm

ColleenMc wrote:
October 7th, 2020, 5:55 pm
Here is section 52:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemodernhistory1_52_128kb.mp3

29:19

Colleen
Thank you, Colleen!

Michael

geoffreydesena
Posts: 29
Joined: May 13th, 2020, 5:44 am
Contact:

Post by geoffreydesena » October 8th, 2020, 8:39 am

Hi Michael,

I'll take those sections on the Netherlands that opened up again. 44 and 45, I believe.

/Geoffrey
Sustainably,
Geoffrey DeSena

Kazbek
Posts: 1701
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » October 8th, 2020, 2:47 pm

geoffreydesena wrote:
October 8th, 2020, 8:39 am
Hi Michael,

I'll take those sections on the Netherlands that opened up again. 44 and 45, I believe.

/Geoffrey
Great! Thanks, Geoffrey. :)

Michael

Post Reply