[COMPLETE] The Medici, Vol 2 by G. F. Young - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Thank you! I should be able to PL tomorrow. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Billium113

Post by Billium113 »

Hi Tricia, could you explain, what stumble means?, because I cannot find the words at the time you teld me to check of stumbles, I have split and re-edited a bit.
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/medici2_23_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/medici2_24_128kb.mp3
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Section 23:

What I mean by "stumble" is that you make a little goof, then correct it. Such as now at 4:53, I hear "Bacchio Velori, and a Nic- [click] Niccolo Acciajuoli". This could be cleaned up to sound more like "Bacchio Velori, and Niccolo Acciajuoli." :)

And at 5:28, I hear, "to repent their sec- their action." This could be cut so that the audio will simply say "to repent their action".

The section abruptly ends at 6:05. Perhaps it didn't upload fully? Try uploading it again.

Section 24:
There is a lot here. It's best to work from the end forward; this keeps the time stamps the same regardless of the changes made. :)

0:00 - Need the entire LibriVox intro: "Section 24 of The Medici, Volume 2. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
....If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web
"The Medici, Volume 2, by G. F. Young."

0:02 - "Up to this time... Cosimo had lived" - longish pause in here

0:57 - "And also emphasized the fact that he" - I hear "and also emphasized that the fact [long pause] him that he..." Please cut out "that", the long pause, and "him".

1:04-1:12 - "Other rulers around him...Gonzaga at Mantua" - there are noises in this portion of the recording. Please re-record and replace this portion.

1:48 - "Cosimo suffered to remain as it was" - I hear "suffered to rule.. remain as it was" Please cut out "rule" (it may require a quick record/replace to get the "to" in there.)

4:30 - "With the description of his appearance given by..." I hear "description of his experience" - please fix

Please amplify 0:00-5:37 (up to "Charles and Francis to come to Nice") by 5 dB.

5:52 - Missing some text. Text is "success he eventually achieved in getting them to agree to a truce which caused a cessation..." missing text is bolded.

6:10 - "policy of alliance with France," [some vocal noises] "Cosimi throughout his reign" - please remove noises. :)

6:21 - "opposing the operations of the French in Italy" - loud plosive on "France" (and it was read as "operations of France in Italy" - which isn't a big deal, but since you're fixing the plosive anyway...)

7:09 - "that the emperor was in need of funds, until he..." "funds" is cut off, there's a weird click, then "until he" fades in.

7:36 - text is "by increasing Cosimo's power increased also Charles's feeling..." You are missing "increased" and have a big breath in its place. :)
Oh, wait - you say "also Charles's feeling of security was increased as regards to Italy." I guess that's OK, but please remove the big breath.

7:46 - "peace was made for a time" loud click/plosive on "for"

8:47 - "Europe as a whole." (new paragraph) "In 1546 the Strozzi brothers... " would you please but a little more space between the two paragraphs, since you're in there? Readers need a little time to process a change of subject. :)

8:50 - text: "Came to an end by the death in the early part of that year" I hear "came to an end by the death of a century in early part of that year."

10:00 - "advice to Charles V., urging him" - longish pause in this

10:02 - text: "Urging him in a letter of the 6th February 1547". I hear "urging him in a letter of the 5th, or 6th, Jan- February 1547" please re-record and replace

11:03 - text: "this hope he shall carry with him to his grave." I hear "this hope he shall carriage to his grave." please re-record and replace

11:37 - "lawful head of the family and the rightful ruler of Florence" - long pause in this and a repeat of "the" :)

12:11 - loud noise in this: "Knowing the dangers which were around him"

13:15 - text: "and to extinguish, if possible" I hear "to distinguish"

14:19 - I hear "agreement that Sin- Sinea's, Siena's ancient form" - please remove the wrong parts. :)

15:25 - please insert some space between the paragraphs: "tended to create peace in Italy. [new paragraph] In ten years"

17:38 - I hear "on the design which had... CIA emergency response team... one hundred years before" - please remove the CIA portion.

18:25 - noises in "a hundred years later". Please re-record and replace

18:29 - please add a bit of space between "duke and his court" and "Be this as it may"

18:46 - text: "it was a plain oblong building" I hear "it was a plain, quite plain, oblong building"

18:51 - text: "with seven windows on the front which faces the Via Romana, and without either..." missing text in bold. Please add.

18:59 - text: "side of the latter (running back at right angles to the facade) which now form..." missing text in bold, Please add. (Also, "which now form" sounds like "which is now -orm" with the F cut off) - maybe just re-record this portion also.

20:37 - need to say, "End of section 24" followed by 5 seconds of silence.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Section 44 PL OK. Thank you!
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

regards
Jane Bennett
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Thanks! PL this afternoon...
gondola

Post by gondola »

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Thank you! Sections 8 and 17 PL OK!
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

Could I also clai. Section 25 please?
regards
Jane Bennett
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

I’d like to claim 21 and 22, please.
Billium113

Post by Billium113 »

Billium113

Post by Billium113 »

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Thanks!

Section 24 PL OK.

Section 23:

2:22 - "and before anything definite had been decided upon" - loud pop on "before"

3:44 - "concealed his ambition under so humble" - loud pop on "humble"

3:51 - "the four principle senators" - loud pop on "four"

4:45-4:51 - "unassuming attitude which was...adopted" long pause here

5:35 - "to repent their sec- .. their action" - please cut out "their sec-"

8:03 - "on the first August, fifteen thirty s-eighty-seven." stumbling over the year. Please replace the date. (Should be 1537.)

8:58 - "the battle was over... and was too late" Long pause in this, please cut it down a bit.

9:56-9:58 - "surrounding cells have witnessed, piteous the cries..." longish pause here, please cut down a bit

10:49-11:15 "victory of Montemurlo added many to these sad memories which attached to Bargello. For Cosimo who had set up a despotism no less severe than that of the kings of England and of France at that time" In this whole portion there are a lot of long pauses (and one sigh) that should be cut out.

11:41-11:43 - "had not some member among them, or a Florentine student" long pause in this to be cut out

11:48 - "at Bologna or Puh-Padua who had not joined" - please cut out the extra syllable on "Padua" and the long pause before "who had not joined"

12:23 - "the remainder were sent to the Fortezza." Long pause in this to be cut out. Plus, would you please re-record "the Fortezza" so that it's not a dramatic whisper? That just sounds weird on a non-fiction recording like this. ;)

12:55 - "to build which he had provided the funds" various stumbles in this part. Would you pleae re-record and replace this

13:36 - "time in which to pay their debt" - long pause in here, and then a long pause before the next sentence. Please cut these down.

14:44 - "nor any of those around him up to the age" long pause and a mic bump, please cut out

14:53-14:58 - "The bold stroke by which he seized upon the rule of Florence" - various stumbles and mistakes, please re-record this portion

15:16 - "though he had been on intimate terms with him" - I hear something like "intimat ter- terms, tah, tee tah terms with him" - please fix

16:12 - "with results for which his country" - pauses in this, please cut out

16:35 - "yet developed the capacity to raise Tuscany to the highest pitch" - I hear "capacity to rise comp to Tuscany to the highest pitch". Please re-record and replace

17:27 - "The joy and brightness" - a bit of a stumble in here, something like, "The Ah- J- [click] joy and brightness" - please clean up

17:48 - "and commercial progress were concerned" - mic bumps and you said "were not concerned" - please re-record this part

19:25 - "arrangements for that gradual advancement of his position" - I hear "gradual government of his position" - please fix.

19:36 - "so that his first step" - loud noise in this, please replace.

19:59-20:04 - "The emperor issuing a diploma which conferred on Cosimo" - lots of mic bumps in this portion, please re-record.

21:26 - "while at the same time insisting" - loud pops in this, please re-record

21:45 - "and in 1539 succeeded" I hear "1589 successive... succeeded" - please fix date and take out the wrong word

21:59 - "and voiceroy of Naples" - I can't let this pronunciation go. ;) It's VISE-roy.

22:10-22:18 - I hear "Naples from 1582.. pardon me, 1532 to his death in 1558... three." please cut out the wrong dates and the "pardon me" so it's simply "Naples from 1532 to his death in 1553"

22:32 - "The Viceroy of Naples" pronounced VISE-roy

22:56 - "Eleonora was very rich, and her wealth" - "wealth" is really quiet and weird sounding, please re-record "and her wealth"

23:02 - "son in law of the viceroy of Naples" - please fix pronunciation of VISE-roy

23:23 - "She has a fine, broad forehead and a pleasing face." I hear "Has a fine forehead and a pleasing face" (missing "She" and "broad"). Please replace.
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

regards
Jane Bennett