COMPLETE [HISTORY]Cambridge Medieval History, Volume 1-Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 52 Pl notes:

Section 52 is PL OK except that the intro needs "Part 1" following the chapter number.
Pattymarie
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi can you sign me up to sections 26 and 27 please
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

wib66 wrote: March 14th, 2021, 12:36 pm Hi can you sign me up to sections 26 and 27 please
All signed up! Thank you!
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

pattymarie wrote: March 14th, 2021, 12:28 pm Section 52 Pl notes:

Section 52 is PL OK except that the intro needs "Part 1" following the chapter number.
I'm afraid I'm a little confused.

The Magic Window states that the start of a recording should follow this format:

"Section [number] of Cambridge Medieval History, Volume 1. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"

If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Say:

"Cambridge Medieval History, Volume 1, Section [number], Section title by [Your section's author]"
In a posting for this topic on 2 April, 2020, KevinS wrote:

The first section of a chapter should be introduced "Section [number] of Cambridge Medieval History, Volume 1. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"

If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"

Say: "Cambridge Medieval History, Volume 1, Section [number], CHAPTER TITLE by [Your section's author]
It seems to me that my existing recording follows these instructions . Neither of these (slightly differently worded) sets of instructions explicitly mentions a chapter Part number, and there is no chapter Part number listed in the second field of the Magic Window.

If the BC does want readers to insert chapter part numbers in the preamble for each chapter that has multiple parts, can I suggest the BC clarify that this is a requirement in the Magic Window so that other readers are not misled as to what the BC actually wants?
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

TheBanjo wrote: March 14th, 2021, 4:28 pm

I'm afraid I'm a little confused.

The Magic Window states that the start of a recording should follow this format:

"Section [number] of Cambridge Medieval History, Volume 1. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"

Say:

"Cambridge Medieval History, Volume 1, Section [number], Section title by [Your section's author]"
In a posting for this topic on 2 April, 2020, KevinS wrote:

The first section of a chapter should be introduced "Section [number] of Cambridge Medieval History, Volume 1. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"

Say: "Cambridge Medieval History, Volume 1, Section [number], CHAPTER TITLE by [Your section's author]
It seems to me that my existing recording follows these instructions . Neither of these (slightly differently worded) sets of instructions explicitly mentions a chapter Part number, and there is no chapter Part number listed in the second field of the Magic Window.

If the BC does want readers to insert chapter part numbers in the preamble for each chapter that has multiple parts, can I suggest the BC clarify that this is a requirement in the Magic Window so that other readers are not misled as to what the BC actually wants?
Yes, I'll do that.
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

Thank you. I have uploaded modified section 52, with "Part 1" now following chapter number: https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemedievalhistory1_52_bury_128kb.mp3 (26:59)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

TheBanjo wrote: March 14th, 2021, 11:48 pm

Thank you. I have uploaded modified section 52, with "Part 1" now following chapter number: https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemedievalhistory1_52_bury_128kb.mp3 (26:59)
Thank you!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Sections 6 and 25 orphaned.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Section 1 and 2 corrections.

Finally! I'm embarrassed by how long this has taken me to make such simple fixes. (I hope I've pronounced things correctly now.)

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemedievalhistory1_01_bury_128kb.mp3 (22:14)

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemedievalhistory1_02_bury_128kb.mp3 (29:54)
ck2295

Post by ck2295 »

Hi!

I'd like to claim "Chapter 7: Expansion of the Teutons (to A.D. 378) By Martin Bang"

Thanks!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

ck2295 wrote: March 16th, 2021, 10:55 am Hi!

I'd like to claim "Chapter 7: Expansion of the Teutons (to A.D. 378) By Martin Bang"

Thanks!
Hi. Let's test your technical specifications first, please.

Your 'welcome e-mail message' will give directions for how you can perform the so-called 'one-minute test.' (It's not a test of you but of your recording program, settings, and hardware.)

Let me know if you have any questions. We're all here to help!
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi can I read the whole of chapter 14 sections 47 to 51 thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

wib66 wrote: March 16th, 2021, 1:14 pm Hi can I read the whole of chapter 14 sections 47 to 51 thanks
Of course! That's delightful!
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Sections 1, 2, and 52 are PL OK. Thank you, Kevin and Dan.
Pattymarie
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.