[COMPLETE]History of Astronomy by George Forbes - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 23265
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » March 25th, 2020, 8:33 pm

Jen0631 wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 1:12 pm
Hello!

May I take section 1 Chapter 1: Primitive Astronomy and Astrology?

Thanks,
Jen

Of course! Thanks Jen!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 23265
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » March 25th, 2020, 9:27 pm

Chapter 14 is PL OK!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 23265
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » March 25th, 2020, 9:33 pm

The Preface is PL OK!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

Jen0631
Posts: 62
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:38 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Post by Jen0631 » March 26th, 2020, 7:44 am

Good Morning!

I am pleased to provide section 1:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/historyofastronomy_01_forbes_128kb.mp3
12:38

Have a great day,
Jennifer
Find me at VoiceJen.com & konsort29.blogspot.com

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 23265
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » March 26th, 2020, 12:26 pm

Jen0631 wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 7:44 am
Good Morning!

I am pleased to provide section 1:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/historyofastronomy_01_forbes_128kb.mp3
12:38

Have a great day,
Jennifer

Thanks Jennifer!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

Jen0631
Posts: 62
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:38 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Post by Jen0631 » March 26th, 2020, 12:28 pm

While you are listening to chapter 1, I'd like to get started on
section 2 Chapter 2: Ancient Chinese and Chaldaeans

Thanks!
Jen
Find me at VoiceJen.com & konsort29.blogspot.com

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 23265
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » March 26th, 2020, 12:28 pm

Jen0631 wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 12:28 pm
While you are listening to chapter 1, I'd like to get started on
section 2 Chapter 2: Ancient Chinese and Chaldaeans

Thanks!
Jen

Chapter 2 is yours, thank you!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

Jen0631
Posts: 62
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:38 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Post by Jen0631 » March 26th, 2020, 1:40 pm

You said above, Please do NOT read the footnotes or the [Illustration: titles] scattered throughout! Pretty please, and thank you!

How do you feel about the inline references? For example, Chapter 2, paragraph 6, on China, we see:
"This is discussed by Father Martin (MSS. of De Lisle); also by M. Desvignolles (Mem. Acad. Berlin, vol. iii., p. 193), and by M. Kirsch (ditto, vol. v., p. 19), who both found . . . "

Why (MSS. of De Lisle) and (Mem. Acad. Berlin, vol. iii., p. 193) and (ditto, vol. v., p. 19) were not made as footnotes, I cannot guess. But, since they smell an awful lot like footnotes, would you like them skipped?

Jennifer
Find me at VoiceJen.com & konsort29.blogspot.com

Sapling
Posts: 19
Joined: February 2nd, 2019, 12:28 am

Post by Sapling » March 26th, 2020, 2:52 pm

Hello! May I claim chapter 3 please?

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 23265
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » March 26th, 2020, 7:53 pm

Jen0631 wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 1:40 pm
You said above, Please do NOT read the footnotes or the [Illustration: titles] scattered throughout! Pretty please, and thank you!

How do you feel about the inline references? For example, Chapter 2, paragraph 6, on China, we see:
"This is discussed by Father Martin (MSS. of De Lisle); also by M. Desvignolles (Mem. Acad. Berlin, vol. iii., p. 193), and by M. Kirsch (ditto, vol. v., p. 19), who both found . . . "

Why (MSS. of De Lisle) and (Mem. Acad. Berlin, vol. iii., p. 193) and (ditto, vol. v., p. 19) were not made as footnotes, I cannot guess. But, since they smell an awful lot like footnotes, would you like them skipped?

Jennifer

I saw those, and I feel the same as you. My basic stance on footnotes is, if they add to the "story," then add them. If not, then don't worry about them. Those references don't add to the information, so feel free to leave them out! Thank you for asking!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 23265
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » March 26th, 2020, 7:54 pm

Sapling wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 2:52 pm
Hello! May I claim chapter 3 please?

Chapter 3 is yours, thank you!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 23265
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » March 26th, 2020, 8:12 pm

Chapter 1 is PL OK!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

Jen0631
Posts: 62
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:38 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Post by Jen0631 » March 27th, 2020, 4:26 pm

Find me at VoiceJen.com & konsort29.blogspot.com

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 23265
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » March 27th, 2020, 8:22 pm

Jen0631 wrote:
March 27th, 2020, 4:26 pm
Thanks, Ann :)

Here's section 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/historyofastronomy_02_forbes_128kb.mp3
13:14

Jennifer

Thanks Jennifer!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

Jen0631
Posts: 62
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:38 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Post by Jen0631 » March 28th, 2020, 5:29 am

Good Morning!

May I take section 11 Chapter 11: History of the Telescope - Spectroscope?

Jennifer
Find me at VoiceJen.com & konsort29.blogspot.com

Post Reply