[COMPLETE] World's Best Poetry, Vol. 7 (Part II) - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: July 14th, 2020, 8:20 am
adr6090 wrote: June 4th, 2020, 4:06 pmsection 75 is pl okay & kudos to Adrian for the deep voice, perfect voice in my estimation for an armored skeleton (which I thankfully wouldn't and shouldn't know just how that would sound.) Well done!!

Sonia, I did notice you did not include the footnote showing "suggested by an armor clad skeleton dug up at Fall river and in the ballad connected with the old Roman tower at Newport" at the end of the first page. It has me thinking to look into that. Intrigues me....
Nothing you believe needs to be in that piece of audio?
I nearly forgot I had to insert the footnote here. So here is the new file ready for Spot PL. I only changed from 0:20 - 0:29, to insert the footnote, the rest is totally unchanged, so you need not check anything else, April :) Thank you

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_2_075_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 8:05 min.

Sonia
:thumbs:
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

WiltedScribe wrote: July 14th, 2020, 10:28 am Oops! Should also have clarified that everyone needs to put their name in the file names for the DRs only, so as not to overwrite anyone's file. The correct file names only matter for the solo poems and the final, edited versions of the DRs. Again, because the DRs need to be edited after all the roles come in, and the files for the individual roles will eventually be deleted, things like naming and silence don't matter.

So does the filename is correct & ALL group section should be titled the same fashion?
Please post on this thread exactly how the filename should look with the readers' name, please.
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: July 15th, 2020, 1:38 pmSo does the filename is correct & ALL group section should be titled the same fashion?
Please post on this thread exactly how the filename should look with the readers' name, please.
actually you don't have to worry about the filename for the dramatic reading roles. The only filename that is important is the one of the final assembled poem. The several roles usually have the name of the reader or the name of the role in it, so either worldsbestpoetry7_2_001_sonia_128kb or worldsbestpoetry7_2_001_narrator_128kb or something else. This is so that the several roles don't overwrite each other with the same name. In the end then, when we have all the parts together, someone with edit them all together and then the filename should be the correct one: "worldsbestpoetry7_2_001_various_128kb". That is the only one that counts in the end, because all the others will get deleted afterwards.

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: July 15th, 2020, 11:14 pm
adr6090 wrote: July 15th, 2020, 1:38 pmSo does the filename is correct & ALL group section should be titled the same fashion?
actually you don't have to worry about the filename for the dramatic reading roles. The only filename that is important is the one of the final assembled poem. The several roles usually have the name of the reader or the name of the role in it, so either worldsbestpoetry7_2_001_sonia_128kb or worldsbestpoetry7_2_001_narrator_128kb or something else. This is so that the several roles don't overwrite each other with the same name. In the end then, when we have all the parts together, someone with edit them all together and then the filename should be the correct one: "worldsbestpoetry7_2_001_various_128kb". That is the only one that counts in the end, because all the others will get deleted afterwards.

Sonia
Thank you for the information Sonia,
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Edits for the morning. Once again even though not all roles are turned in for the sections, I did pl a few so here is my determination. ;)

Section 84
Sonia as Guiber 1:14 pl okay

Section 85
Kate as the lady 0.28 pl okay

Section 86
Sonia as the wife 0.15 pl okay
April
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

It's been a while since I posted, but I'm still here!

Section 7 - 1:16!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_2_007_various_128kb.mp3
Last edited by AdamBielka on July 22nd, 2020, 12:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Join the "Frauds, Forgeries, and Fake News Collection" - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=78482&hilit=fake+news
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

AdamBielka wrote: July 21st, 2020, 11:26 pmIt's been a while since I posted, but I'm still here!
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_2_007_various_128kb.mp3
that's good to know :lol: and thanks, I'll update the MW for April to PL.

Guys (those who have outstanding claims) ... I hope we can try to wrap this up soon. Are you all still around and willing to record ? Maybe starting with the DR parts, so we can get to assembling them soon. It is rather dragging on a bit (we started in March).

Please give a sign of life, all of you !

Thanks

Sonia
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

[/quote]

Please give a sign of life, all of you !

Thanks

Sonia
[/quote]

I've fallen so behind on so many of my librvox things, I'm kinda secretly glad I'm not the only one whose not totally finished on this regard! :P
Join the "Frauds, Forgeries, and Fake News Collection" - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=78482&hilit=fake+news
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

AdamBielka wrote: July 21st, 2020, 11:54 pmI've fallen so behind on so many of my librvox things, I'm kinda secretly glad I'm not the only one whose not totally finished on this regard! :P
:lol: yes, not "the only sinner in the pool" kind of thing ;) I understand.

Still...I would love to see this given a priority soon.
Jason, Tomas ? Still around to read ?
Kate, Adrian, still available to edit some DRs later on ?

Sonia
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

Kitty wrote: July 21st, 2020, 11:56 pm
AdamBielka wrote: July 21st, 2020, 11:54 pmI've fallen so behind on so many of my librvox things, I'm kinda secretly glad I'm not the only one whose not totally finished on this regard! :P
:lol: yes, not "the only sinner in the pool" kind of thing ;) I understand.

Still...I would love to see this given a priority soon.
Jason, Tomas ? Still around to read ?
Kate, Adrian, still available to edit some DRs later on ?

Sonia
"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" feels a lot less scary when you're with less saintly sorts ;) Punctuality-wise anyways!

It's mostly just the Google docs for me from now on ! Which are far more convenient to hunt down with a simple click rather dealing with source text pages! And funner to play characters . So hopefully I'll be a bit faster! ;)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

AdamBielka wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 12:03 amIt's mostly just the Google docs for me from now on ! Which are far more convenient to hunt down with a simple click rather dealing with source text pages! And funner to play characters . So hopefully I'll be a bit faster! ;)
:thumbs: and yes, the DRs are what makes this project so much fun.

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

I will be proof listening a bit later on today, it does look as though Adam has been most productive in his recordings, thank you.
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Adam you have managed perfect edits with sections 8, 35 & 47 are all pl okay now and section 7 is perfect the first time around. Well done :clap: and thank you.
April
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Hi Sonia,

I'm still here! This was always going to be my next priority after our Shakespeare; now that that's done, I'll devote time to finishing my sections here.
Tomas Peter