[COMPLETE] World's Best Poetry, Vol. 7 (Part II) - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » September 16th, 2020, 5:41 am

WiltedScribe wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 4:01 pm
Whatever is not handed in after September 22 will automatically be re-assigned, even if there are PL notes. We really need to get this wrapped up, and the more we wait, the longer this will stagnate.
good initiative. I emailed Craig and he is on standby if his recording is needed. As far as I can see it would be 6 solo poems and about a dozen DR roles. I think with one role though we may have a problem of doubling voices. Need to check this in detail when the time is up.

So yes, please Jason and Adam, let us know how far you have got.

Tomas: did you also write a PM to them ?

In other news, I assembled Robin Hood for final PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_2_095_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 5:35 min.

Sonia

adr6090

Post by adr6090 » September 17th, 2020, 8:29 am

Good morning,

95 Robin Hood and Allan-a-Dale by Anonymous 5:35 pl okay
April
April

WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe » September 17th, 2020, 12:58 pm

Thanks again, April!

I didn't PM Adam and Jason since everyone should be checking the thread still, but I can do that in case they aren't.
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:
The Goddess | Zeus the Tragedian | Dramatic Reading Collection | One-Act Play Collection 13 | The World's Story Volume IX | And more... | To come...

adr6090

Post by adr6090 » September 17th, 2020, 2:06 pm

WiltedScribe wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 12:58 pm
Thanks again, April!

I didn't PM Adam and Jason since everyone should be checking the thread still, but I can do that in case they aren't.
You are very welcome.
April

KateG

Post by KateG » September 18th, 2020, 8:20 am

I'm about to edit my corrections for The Leper and have two questions:

- Do you want me to edit the assembled file and reupload that or should I just upload the corrected parts? Since both has been done in the past I'm not sure what's the best approach :lol:

- I could also add Adam's missing voice credit in section 106 by recording the role's name myself and stealing Adam saying his name from another DR. Would that be ok or do you prefer to wait till we hear from him?
Reader's Page 13871

cc welcome!

"You're evil, you know that?", I said. She grinned and shook her head: "Chaotic neutral, sugar"
(Ernest Cline - Ready Player One)

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » September 18th, 2020, 9:37 am

KateG wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 8:20 am
- Do you want me to edit the assembled file and reupload that or should I just upload the corrected parts? Since both has been done in the past I'm not sure what's the best approach :lol:
yes I think it's easier to download the file from the MW, and edit your correction in and reupload. That way, April only has to do a Spot PL, since the finished file has already been PLed. Please note down the exact spot where you corrected anything, to make it easy for her to find :)
- I could also add Adam's missing voice credit in section 106 by recording the role's name myself and stealing Adam saying his name from another DR. Would that be ok or do you prefer to wait till we hear from him?
since we are not done yet, I think I'd rather wait a bit longer. I sincerly hope that Adam hasn't vanished completely. :?

Have a nice weekend, Kate !

Sonia

KateG

Post by KateG » September 18th, 2020, 9:55 am

Here's the link to the corrected file, then :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_2_080_various_128kb.mp3

No change in duration.

PL Notes:
-0.5 and 22.0 seconds "the Leaper" and not "the leper" --> corrected
-43.0 seconds "a leaper" and not "a leper" --> corrected
-1:30 I hear "bowed (like a bow one puts on a present) down" & not "bowed (like a dog barks : bow wow) down" --> correction at 1.29 - 1.33
-1:36 "for the leaper's garb" & not "for the leper's garb" --> correction at 1.33 - 1.37
-3:43 "the leaper" not "the leper" --> correction at 3.40 - 3.43
-4:23 "the leaper's prostrate form" & not "the leper's prostrate form" --> correction at 4.22 - 4.24
-6:01 I hear "cursed with delicious" should be "coursed with delicious" --> correction at 5.59 - 6.04

Thanks for helping me improve my pronunciation, April! :9:
Reader's Page 13871

cc welcome!

"You're evil, you know that?", I said. She grinned and shook her head: "Chaotic neutral, sugar"
(Ernest Cline - Ready Player One)

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » September 18th, 2020, 10:03 am

KateG wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 9:55 am
Here's the link to the corrected file, then :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_2_080_various_128kb.mp3
thank you, I will mark it ready for Spot PL. :)

Sonia

WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe » September 18th, 2020, 11:41 am

If Adam doesn't make his corrections by next week, then we can work around that missing credit in the way you suggest, Kate. I do hope he'll be able to record one, though, as it takes all of 5 seconds.

So far neither Adam nor Jason have been online to open my PM, so I'm beginning to worry they won't have anything else recorded by the deadline. Unfortunately we've already waited long enough, so unrecorded sections will have to be re-assigned if that happens.
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:
The Goddess | Zeus the Tragedian | Dramatic Reading Collection | One-Act Play Collection 13 | The World's Story Volume IX | And more... | To come...

jasonb

Post by jasonb » September 22nd, 2020, 3:21 am

I will record what I can of my DRs today. I am recording some solos as well right now. Please Craig can take the first one, #39

I also changed my email address as I don't use that one much and I never get the messages that I have PMs until I come and see them here.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » September 22nd, 2020, 3:24 am

jasonb wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 3:21 am
I will record what I can of my DRs today. I am recording some solos as well right now. Please Craig can take the first one, #39
thank you for the confirmation, Jason. Please post back tomorrow with further updates, or assignments for Craig. DRs where you would both be in would be good that YOU could do still. (check, in case Craig has to take over for Adam in this DRs)

I'll assign 39 to Craig then.
I also changed my email address as I don't use that one much and I never get the messages that I have PMs until I come and see them here.
did you change the email here on the forum as well ? In the settings you can tick the box "get email notification", check whether that box is correctly ticked.

Sonia

jasonb

Post by jasonb » September 22nd, 2020, 3:59 am

Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » September 22nd, 2020, 4:01 am

jasonb wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 3:59 am
Here is a start. I have to work now for a few hours, then I will continue
super, thank you !!! :thumbs: I will update the MW and April will give you feedback

Have a good day, hopefully not too stressful at work.

Sonia

jasonb

Post by jasonb » September 23rd, 2020, 5:29 am

Kitty, I can't seem to figure out which ones I would still need to do and which ones Craig can take over. I am a little burnt out from work and I can't seem to see straight.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » September 23rd, 2020, 6:02 am

jasonb wrote:
September 23rd, 2020, 5:29 am
Kitty, I can't seem to figure out which ones I would still need to do and which ones Craig can take over. I am a little burnt out from work and I can't seem to see straight.
ok no panic, Jason, I checked the MW for you.

here is what still needs doing, 7 DR roles for you still.
Please let me know as soon as possible, which ones you want/can do and so Craig can start with the others.

96. The Greenwood Shrift: George III and a Dying Woman in Windsor Forest - Jason as the Narrator

100. Lord Ullin's Daughter - Jason as the Narrator

102. Fitz-James and Roderick Dhu: From 'The Lady of the Lake,' Canto V - Jason as the Narrator

104. Muckle-Mou'd Meg – Jason as Wat Scott

105. The Heart of the Bruce – Jason as King Alonzo

107. The Fight of the 'Armstrong' Privateer – Jason as the Yankee

108. Drifted out to Sea – Jason as the Captain

Thanks

Sonia