[COMPLETE] State of the Union Addresses 1889-1900 – m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

Hi Kevin,
Much more interesting than Cleveland. His writing style is more story like.

7:24 – word change - So strong was this belief that it needed but a brief Executive suggestion to the Congress to receive immediate answer to the duty of making instant provision for the possible and perhaps speedily probable emergency of war, and the remarkable, almost unique, spectacle was presented of a unanimous vote of both Houses, on the 9th of March, appropriating $50,000,000 "for the national defense and for each and every purpose connected therewith, to be expended at the discretion of the President."

OPTIONAL: - 30:01 – word change - Their forces invested Manila from the northern and eastern sides, but were constrained by Admiral Dewey and General Merrill from attempting an assault.
linny

Post by linny »

Thanks to DP and PG the links to the McKinley addresses in the Table of Contents of the html text are being corrected. :clap:
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

So....there was this name in the SOTU that I was unfamiliar with.
One President Faure.
And so I went to my trusty source to learn how to pronounce the name.

https://youglish.com/pronounce/President%20Faure/english
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
linny

Post by linny »

realisticspeakers wrote: March 12th, 2020, 8:10 pm So....there was this name in the SOTU that I was unfamiliar with.
One President Faure.
And so I went to my trusty source to learn how to pronounce the name.

https://youglish.com/pronounce/President%20Faure/english
Oh my! :shock:
realisticspeakers

Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
gmdavestevens

Post by gmdavestevens »

I would be tickled pink to record sections 1-4.
linny

Post by linny »

gmdavestevens wrote: March 14th, 2020, 10:18 pm I would be tickled pink to record sections 1-4.
It's good to have you. The readings in this project can be taxing so let me know if you run into any trouble. Good luck and have fun.
linny

Post by linny »

Lol, you are awesome! Thank you for the laugh.

20:02-20:05 should be deleted.

There is also a repeat @ 23:33-23:48 - A review of our relations with foreign States is presented with such recommendations as are deemed appropriate.

Great job keeping ‘presidential’ energy throughout the section.
realisticspeakers

Ah, ya caught that, did ya? LOL.
Remarkable, ain't it?
Disclaimer:
linny

Post by linny »

realisticspeakers wrote: March 15th, 2020, 7:10 am Ah, ya caught that, did ya? LOL.
Remarkable, ain't it?
Yes, it is indeed truly amazing. Who would have anticipated such similarities?

And they say political readings can be dull. We make fun where we can find it. :mrgreen:
realisticspeakers

linny wrote: March 15th, 2020, 6:43 am
Lol, you are awesome! Thank you for the laugh.

20:02-20:05 should be deleted.

There is also a repeat @ 23:33-23:48 - A review of our relations with foreign States is presented with such recommendations as are deemed appropriate.

Great job keeping ‘presidential’ energy throughout the section.
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/stateoftheunion_1897_1900_10_various_128kb.mp3
[28:09]
Disclaimer:
linny

Post by linny »

realisticspeakers

Disclaimer:
linny

Post by linny »

Section 11 is PL OK. :D More typographical errors in this one than typical. Great job working around them.
realisticspeakers

Disclaimer: