(Complete) Legends of Charlemagne by Thomas Bulfinch - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
adr6090
Posts: 2473
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » August 9th, 2020, 11:27 am

Lynnet wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 5:15 am
Divamomarv wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 10:45 pm
Hi,

Here is the link to section 17

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/charlemagne_17_bullfinch_128kb.mp3

33:11

Please let me know if I need to revise. Thanks so much!
Thank you
Hello,
Time to mention section 17.
This section was pleasant to listen to, calm and smooth reading tone.

This are the edits to have you fix, please:
* at 6:34 I hear "the same" and not "the fame" as the text shows. Please record that part over and delete the incorrect.
*missing text "with his lords" @ 09:54 please record and insert here.
*please delete from 20:55-21:33 as this is a repeat.

*Also, please do another round of noise reduction as in a few places it did sound as though there was semi truck driving by, growling along as they can do.
*Please also amplify by 2.00 as this section did tend to be softly spoken in about 1/2 of it.

Thank you,
April

JamesWood
Posts: 21
Joined: December 22nd, 2019, 6:16 am
Location: South Africa
Contact:

Post by JamesWood » August 12th, 2020, 3:52 pm

adr6090 wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 3:23 pm
Here are the edits for sections 05, 06 & 18, by section. Please do the suggested edits & post again with the new time in this thread.

06, the Invasion of France
Please add 5 seconds of beginning silence & 2 seconds if ending silence.

Both above sections are read quite smoothly, well done.
I see that section five has been approved but section 6 has not.
Please advise if there is anything I need to do?
I have double checked the beginning and end and everything appears to be in accordance with the requirements on the main post.
James Wood
Website: https://jameswoodnarrator.com/
Email: jameswoodnarrator@gmail.com
Twitter: @james_gl_wood

adr6090
Posts: 2473
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » August 12th, 2020, 5:22 pm

JamesWood wrote:
August 12th, 2020, 3:52 pm
adr6090 wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 3:23 pm
Here are the edits for sections 05, 06 & 18, by section. Please do the suggested edits & post again with the new time in this thread.

06, the Invasion of France
Please add 5 seconds of beginning silence & 2 seconds if ending silence.

Both above sections are read quite smoothly, well done.
I see that section five has been approved but section 6 has not.
Please advise if there is anything I need to do?
I have double checked the beginning and end and everything appears to be in accordance with the requirements on the main post.
section 06 is now marked pl okay in the mw.
April

JamesWood
Posts: 21
Joined: December 22nd, 2019, 6:16 am
Location: South Africa
Contact:

Post by JamesWood » August 13th, 2020, 5:27 am

adr6090 wrote:
August 12th, 2020, 5:22 pm
JamesWood wrote:
August 12th, 2020, 3:52 pm
adr6090 wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 3:23 pm
Here are the edits for sections 05, 06 & 18, by section. Please do the suggested edits & post again with the new time in this thread.

06, the Invasion of France
Please add 5 seconds of beginning silence & 2 seconds if ending silence.

Both above sections are read quite smoothly, well done.
I see that section five has been approved but section 6 has not.
Please advise if there is anything I need to do?
I have double checked the beginning and end and everything appears to be in accordance with the requirements on the main post.
section 06 is now marked pl okay in the mw.
Thank you :)
James Wood
Website: https://jameswoodnarrator.com/
Email: jameswoodnarrator@gmail.com
Twitter: @james_gl_wood

adr6090
Posts: 2473
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » August 13th, 2020, 7:44 pm

:thumbs:
April
JamesWood wrote:
August 13th, 2020, 5:27 am
adr6090 wrote:
August 12th, 2020, 5:22 pm
JamesWood wrote:
August 12th, 2020, 3:52 pm


I see that section five has been approved but section 6 has not.
Please advise if there is anything I need to do?
I have double checked the beginning and end and everything appears to be in accordance with the requirements on the main post.
section 06 is now marked pl okay in the mw.
Thank you :)

JulieB3
Posts: 59
Joined: December 12th, 2019, 4:59 pm

Post by JulieB3 » August 19th, 2020, 8:32 pm


Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20858
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » August 20th, 2020, 8:35 am

Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 13 sections remaining
King Mombo 9 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 22 sections remaining

JulieB3
Posts: 59
Joined: December 12th, 2019, 4:59 pm

Post by JulieB3 » August 20th, 2020, 9:34 am

You're welcome.

adr6090
Posts: 2473
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » August 20th, 2020, 10:15 am

Lynnet wrote:
August 20th, 2020, 8:35 am
Thank you
I am looking forward to pling these sections. 😃
April

adr6090
Posts: 2473
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » August 21st, 2020, 4:43 pm

Hello Julie,
Here are my dpl thoughts for your sections.
21 is pl okay
22 is pl okay
23 does have a sigh at the very beginning, please delete it.
Posted times in the mw are perfect for each section.

I think that your have a very remarkable recording voice.
Combined time for all 3 recordings is just below 1 hour so your smoothness was wonderful to listen to. :clap: Thank you!
April

JulieB3
Posts: 59
Joined: December 12th, 2019, 4:59 pm

Post by JulieB3 » August 21st, 2020, 5:25 pm

Hello Julie,
Here are my dpl thoughts for your sections.
21 is pl okay
22 is pl okay
23 does have a sigh at the very beginning, please delete it.
Posted times in the mw are perfect for each section.

I think that your have a very remarkable recording voice.
Combined time for all 3 recordings is just below 1 hour so your smoothness was wonderful to listen to. :clap: Thank you!
Well, dadgummit. I honestly don't know how that one got past me. Just be glad it was the only one.

Thank you so much for the lovely words about my reading. I'm going into voice acting professionaly just as soon as I can and knowing that at least one someone likes listening to me means so much.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/charlemagne_23_bulfinch_128kb.mp3 15:45

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20858
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » August 21st, 2020, 6:23 pm

JulieB3 wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 5:25 pm
Hello Julie,
Here are my dpl thoughts for your sections.
21 is pl okay
22 is pl okay
23 does have a sigh at the very beginning, please delete it.
Posted times in the mw are perfect for each section.

I think that your have a very remarkable recording voice.
Combined time for all 3 recordings is just below 1 hour so your smoothness was wonderful to listen to. :clap: Thank you!
Well, dadgummit. I honestly don't know how that one got past me. Just be glad it was the only one.

Thank you so much for the lovely words about my reading. I'm going into voice acting professionaly just as soon as I can and knowing that at least one someone likes listening to me means so much.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/charlemagne_23_bulfinch_128kb.mp3 15:45
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 13 sections remaining
King Mombo 9 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 22 sections remaining

adr6090
Posts: 2473
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » August 22nd, 2020, 4:18 pm

JulieB3 wrote:
August 21st, 2020, 5:25 pm
Hello Julie,
Here are my dpl thoughts for your sections.
21 is pl okay
22 is pl okay
23 does have a sigh at the very beginning, please delete it.
Posted times in the mw are perfect for each section.

I think that your have a very remarkable recording voice.
Combined time for all 3 recordings is just below 1 hour so your smoothness was wonderful to listen to. :clap: Thank you!
Well, dadgummit. I honestly don't know how that one got past me. Just be glad it was the only one.

Thank you so much for the lovely words about my reading. I'm going into voice acting professionaly just as soon as I can and knowing that at least one someone likes listening to me means so much.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/charlemagne_23_bulfinch_128kb.mp3 15:45
pl okay now :clap:
:thumbs: Best of luck to you with voice acting, that would certainly be interesting to do....
April

cmiller27
Posts: 58
Joined: March 3rd, 2020, 3:51 pm

Post by cmiller27 » August 24th, 2020, 10:26 am

Courtney Miller

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20858
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » August 24th, 2020, 10:34 am

cmiller27 wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 10:26 am
Here's section 16:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/charlemagne_16_bulfinch_128kb.mp3 (25:02)
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 13 sections remaining
King Mombo 9 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 22 sections remaining

Post Reply