(Grp/Legend) Legends of Charlemagne by Thomas Bulfinch - lt

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
OooThatsNifty
Posts: 231
Joined: June 13th, 2020, 11:54 pm

Post by OooThatsNifty » July 21st, 2020, 6:08 pm

Lynnet wrote:
July 21st, 2020, 6:03 pm
Whatever you are most comfortable with 8-)
The Torontonian in me is pleased - thanks!
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

OooThatsNifty
Posts: 231
Joined: June 13th, 2020, 11:54 pm

Post by OooThatsNifty » July 22nd, 2020, 10:04 pm

Hello again!

Glad I could pick this one up. Thanks for having me!

Section 18 - The Battle of Roncesvalles

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/charlemagne_18_bulfinch_128kb.mp3
Length: 28:04

Happy to edit if need be - let me know!

(PS - Decided to attempt the Spanish pronunciation of Roncesvalles instead of the Anglicized, but if you'd prefer otherwise I don't mind switching it)
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20775
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 23rd, 2020, 8:43 am

OooThatsNifty wrote:
July 22nd, 2020, 10:04 pm
Hello again!

Glad I could pick this one up. Thanks for having me!

Section 18 - The Battle of Roncesvalles

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/charlemagne_18_bulfinch_128kb.mp3
Length: 28:04

Happy to edit if need be - let me know!

(PS - Decided to attempt the Spanish pronunciation of Roncesvalles instead of the Anglicized, but if you'd prefer otherwise I don't mind switching it)
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 13 sections remaining
Memoirs of Distinguished Men of Science 6 sections remaining
King Mombo 11 sections remaining

Divamomarv
Posts: 38
Joined: April 3rd, 2018, 8:39 pm

Post by Divamomarv » July 23rd, 2020, 11:22 am

claiming 17 ty!

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20775
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 23rd, 2020, 4:29 pm

Divamomarv wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 11:22 am
claiming 17 ty!
You have already submitted that chapter. It is awaiting proof listening.

Edit... my error. Apologies :oops: It has been assigned to you already.
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 13 sections remaining
Memoirs of Distinguished Men of Science 6 sections remaining
King Mombo 11 sections remaining

adr6090
Posts: 2451
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » July 26th, 2020, 3:09 pm

Lynnet wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 4:29 pm
Divamomarv wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 11:22 am
claiming 17 ty!
You have already submitted that chapter. It is awaiting proof listening.

Edit... my error. Apologies :oops: It has been assigned to you already.
Divamomary,
I agree that you have been assigned that section though you have not turned it in yet, correct? Please do let me know & thank you for that.
April

JamesWood
Posts: 21
Joined: December 22nd, 2019, 6:16 am
Location: South Africa
Contact:

Post by JamesWood » July 27th, 2020, 3:17 am

Greetings,

Here are the links for sections 5 & 6 ready for PL.

Section 5 - Adventures of Rinaldo and Orlando (duration 22:51)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/charlemagne_05_bulfinch_128kb.mp3

Section 6 - The Invasion of France (duration 21:08)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/charlemagne_06_bulfinch_128kb.mp3
James Wood
Website: https://jameswoodnarrator.com/
Email: jameswoodnarrator@gmail.com
Twitter: @james_gl_wood

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20775
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 27th, 2020, 6:03 am

JamesWood wrote:
July 27th, 2020, 3:17 am
Greetings,

Here are the links for sections 5 & 6 ready for PL.

Section 5 - Adventures of Rinaldo and Orlando (duration 22:51)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/charlemagne_05_bulfinch_128kb.mp3

Section 6 - The Invasion of France (duration 21:08)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/charlemagne_06_bulfinch_128kb.mp3
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 13 sections remaining
Memoirs of Distinguished Men of Science 6 sections remaining
King Mombo 11 sections remaining

adr6090
Posts: 2451
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » July 27th, 2020, 5:44 pm

JamesWood wrote:
July 27th, 2020, 3:17 am
Greetings,

Here are the links for sections 5 & 6 ready for PL.

Section 5 - Adventures of Rinaldo and Orlando (duration 22:51)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/charlemagne_05_bulfinch_128kb.mp3

Section 6 - The Invasion of France (duration 21:08)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/charlemagne_06_bulfinch_128kb.mp3
Thank you. I will get those pled probably by Wednesday of this week.
April

JamesWood
Posts: 21
Joined: December 22nd, 2019, 6:16 am
Location: South Africa
Contact:

Post by JamesWood » July 28th, 2020, 2:52 am

adr6090 wrote:
July 27th, 2020, 5:44 pm
JamesWood wrote:
July 27th, 2020, 3:17 am
Greetings,

Here are the links for sections 5 & 6 ready for PL.

Section 5 - Adventures of Rinaldo and Orlando (duration 22:51)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/charlemagne_05_bulfinch_128kb.mp3

Section 6 - The Invasion of France (duration 21:08)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/charlemagne_06_bulfinch_128kb.mp3
Thank you. I will get those pled probably by Wednesday of this week.
Thank you :)
James Wood
Website: https://jameswoodnarrator.com/
Email: jameswoodnarrator@gmail.com
Twitter: @james_gl_wood

adr6090
Posts: 2451
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » July 28th, 2020, 7:26 pm

JamesWood wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 2:52 am
adr6090 wrote:
July 27th, 2020, 5:44 pm
JamesWood wrote:
July 27th, 2020, 3:17 am
Greetings,

Here are the links for sections 5 & 6 ready for PL.

Section 5 - Adventures of Rinaldo and Orlando (duration 22:51)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/charlemagne_05_bulfinch_128kb.mp3

Section 6 - The Invasion of France (duration 21:08)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/charlemagne_06_bulfinch_128kb.mp3
Thank you. I will get those pled probably by Wednesday of this week.
Thank you :)
Let me edit my date of getting the sections pled. By Friday of this week will work best. :clap:
April

adr6090
Posts: 2451
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » July 30th, 2020, 3:23 pm

Here are the edits for sections 05, 06 & 18, by section. Please do the suggested edits & post again with the new time in this thread.

05, Adventures of Rinaldo and Orlando
Please add 5 seconds of beginning silence.
*at 16:15 I hear "so that no spells could avail it" while the text shows "so that no spells could avail against it". Please record new and delete current.

06, the Invasion of France
Please add 5 seconds of beginning silence & 2 seconds if ending silence.

Both above sections are read quite smoothly, well done.



section 18, the Battle of Roncesville

Please add 4 seconds of beginng silence. Also please do another round of noise reduction as this is at 46.2 while the best number is around 24.2

It was a captivating section to listen to, your voice for the devil was darned evil sounding.
April

DJRickyV
Posts: 211
Joined: October 22nd, 2012, 3:38 pm

Post by DJRickyV » July 31st, 2020, 5:44 pm

“Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few are to be chewed and digested.” - Francis Bacon

OooThatsNifty
Posts: 231
Joined: June 13th, 2020, 11:54 pm

Post by OooThatsNifty » July 31st, 2020, 7:55 pm

adr6090 wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 3:23 pm
section 18, the Battle of Roncesville

Please add 4 seconds of beginng silence. Also please do another round of noise reduction as this is at 46.2 while the best number is around 24.2

It was a captivating section to listen to, your voice for the devil was darned evil sounding.
Understood, and thanks very much!

Sadly I'll be away from my recording / editing setup until September 1st, but these fixes will be high priority as soon as I'm back.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20775
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » August 1st, 2020, 2:16 am

Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 13 sections remaining
Memoirs of Distinguished Men of Science 6 sections remaining
King Mombo 11 sections remaining

Post Reply