(Complete) Legends of Charlemagne by Thomas Bulfinch - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ritzee44

Post by ritzee44 »

Lynnet wrote: July 13th, 2020, 7:34 am
Ritu wrote: July 12th, 2020, 10:44 pm
Lynnet wrote: July 6th, 2020, 8:34 am We have 3 more orphans!
Hi Lynnet,
This is my first recording. Can I please take Section 4 for recording?
Thanks,
Ritu
I’ll sign you up! Please be sure to read the first post and ask if you have questIons.
I am not in US, do I need to look into the copyright for this ?
Thanks,
MajorHistory

Post by MajorHistory »

Please un-assign me from my remaining sections and delete my section 16. Thank you.
COGITO ! , (cough... volunteering) ERGO SUM !, :)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Ritu wrote: July 13th, 2020, 10:20 pm
Ritu wrote: July 12th, 2020, 10:44 pm

Hi Lynnet,
This is my first recording. Can I please take Section 4 for recording?
Thanks,
Ritu
I’ll sign you up! Please be sure to read the first post and ask if you have questIons.
Thanks,
A good question, but you are safe.
Copyright is a very complicated issue.
All our projects have to be Public Domain (copyright-free) in the US... which means 1924 or before, with a few exceptions.
IN ADDITION they need to be Public Domain where the reader is located. So for US readers, it's straightforward... it's the same. However, many other countries rely on the date of the death of the author... and it's not the same everywhere. It would be a good idea to find out what the rules are where you are. For example, most of Europe, it's 70 years after the death of the author. In Canada, it's 50 years. In Australia, it's 70 if the author died after 1954 (I'd have to check if they died before that.) I'm not sure about Asia...
However, Thomas Bulfinch died in 1867... which is before any restrictions would be in effect anywhere, so you're safe wherever you are :thumbs:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

MajorHistory wrote: July 14th, 2020, 8:22 am Please un-assign me from my remaining sections and delete my section 16. Thank you.
Will do.
ritzee44

Post by ritzee44 »

Lynnet wrote: July 14th, 2020, 8:42 am
Thanks indeed! :thumbs:

Thanks,
All our projects have to be Public Domain (copyright-free) in the US... which means 1924 or before, with a few exceptions.
IN ADDITION they need to be Public Domain where the reader is located. So for US readers, it's straightforward... it's the same. However, many other countries rely on the date of the death of the author... and it's not the same everywhere. It would be a good idea to find out what the rules are where you are. For example, most of Europe, it's 70 years after the death of the author. In Canada, it's 50 years. In Australia, it's 70 if the author died after 1954 (I'd have to check if they died before that.) I'm not sure about Asia...
However, Thomas Bulfinch died in 1867... which is before any restrictions would be in effect anywhere, so you're safe wherever you are :thumbs:
ritzee44

Post by ritzee44 »

Lynnet wrote: July 14th, 2020, 8:42 am

Thanks,
Thanks indeed! :thumbs:
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

Hello!

If you still need someone, I'd be happy to take care of Section 18 - The Battle of Roncesvalles.

Let me know - thanks! :)
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Readers Wanted: Seen on the Stage, by Clayton Hamilton
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

OooThatsNifty wrote: July 20th, 2020, 2:24 am Hello!

If you still need someone, I'd be happy to take care of Section 18 - The Battle of Roncesvalles.

Let me know - thanks! :)
Thank you for claiming.
cmiller27

Post by cmiller27 »

Hi there, happy to take section 16 if it's still available.
Courtney Miller
Divamomarv

Post by Divamomarv »

Hello,

I'd like to request section 16 please.

Thank you!
Divamomarv

Post by Divamomarv »

Hi again!

Just saw that section 16 was requested. May I take 17 instead?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

cmiller27 wrote: July 21st, 2020, 10:20 am Hi there, happy to take section 16 if it's still available.
Thank you for claiming
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Divamomarv wrote: July 21st, 2020, 11:40 am Hi again!

Just saw that section 16 was requested. May I take 17 instead?
Of course!
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

Lynnet wrote: July 20th, 2020, 7:15 am Thank you for claiming.
Excellent - thank you!

Wanted to double check the preferred pronunciation of "Roncesvalles" before getting started on this one.

The link below has a couple of possibilities - would the preference be to attempt the Spanish pronunciation, or is the Anglicized version further down also acceptable?

https://forvo.com/word/roncesvalles/

Let me know - should be able to have this one ready in the next few days :)
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Readers Wanted: Seen on the Stage, by Clayton Hamilton
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

OooThatsNifty wrote: July 21st, 2020, 5:56 pm
Lynnet wrote: July 20th, 2020, 7:15 am Thank you for claiming.
Excellent - thank you!

Wanted to double check the preferred pronunciation of "Roncesvalles" before getting started on this one.

The link below has a couple of possibilities - would the preference be to attempt the Spanish pronunciation, or is the Anglicized version further down also acceptable?

https://forvo.com/word/roncesvalles/

Let me know - should be able to have this one ready in the next few days :)
Whatever you are most comfortable with 8-)