COMPLETE (Religion) Mountains in the Mist, FW Boreham (d. 1959)-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mightyfelix wrote: May 17th, 2020, 11:05 pm Here is a snippet, testing out a high filter pass rather than noise reduction. When I listened through headphones, I thought I could hear a low buzz, but only for the first few minutes. Is that like what you were hearing? And did this fix it? If so, I'll run the same effect on the whole file.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/mountainsinthemist_28_test.mp3
Yes, but this sounds the same to me, and I do hear it at the end in that five seconds.
I do have a good set of earphones, so maybe it is just being too sensitive.
Certainly nothing that is not acceptable; just thought I'd mention it.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

How odd. Well, Checker is passing it with the background noise parameter on, so I think I will leave it. I'm getting ready to upload section 8, recorded with the same mic but on a new computer. I'm in the process of converting an alcove in my spare bedroom into a little recording booth. I'm looking forward to that!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Oh yes, and I'm getting ready to launch the next Boreham, since this one is close to finishing. Does anyone have a preference for which one you'd like to see next?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=76641&p=1634078
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mightyfelix wrote: May 17th, 2020, 11:30 pm Oh yes, and I'm getting ready to launch the next Boreham, since this one is close to finishing. Does anyone have a preference for which one you'd like to see next?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=76641&p=1634078
How about
1921 The Home of the Echoes -- Available at archive https://archive.org/stream/F.W.BorehamBooks/Boreham%2C%20F.%20W.%20-%20The%20Home%20Of%20The%20Echoes

And, fine on your recording and the alcove studio.

We have an out building that I hope can have a studio in it, but that is another story and project that probably is still a way off.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mightyfelix wrote: May 17th, 2020, 11:27 pm How odd. Well, Checker is passing it with the background noise parameter on, so I think I will leave it. I'm getting ready to upload section 8, recorded with the same mic but on a new computer. I'm in the process of converting an alcove in my spare bedroom into a little recording booth. I'm looking forward to that!
Section 8 is PL OK
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I've got this in the MW, thanks so much!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

The new Boreham is posted! viewtopic.php?f=28&t=80219 I settled on A Casket of Cameos. Yes, yes, like a typical woman, I asked your opinion and then went and did just whatever I wanted! :wink: This is the third title in a series of which I just finished listening to the first.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thank you!
Overall these are very nice recordings.
There a a number of odd pronunciation of names, but the main issue, is that you microphone seems to be cutting out so the volume drops to an inaudible range. These places may be just a word or a longer phrase. This is particular a problem in Section 6, but occurs a couple of times in Section 7. I've listed them below along with a couple of other notes on things I think need to be fixed.

Section 6
4:26-8 5:01-3 5:14 5:26 6:39 8:18-25 8:27-31 10:31 11:02

Section 7
0:35 2:15 3:23

2:45 series of loud clicks
3:16 single click
6:11 stumble
10:55 stumble
~ Larry
cimt

Post by cimt »

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/mountainsinthemist_26_boreham_128kb.mp3

This is the corrected section 26. Sorry for all the mistakes hopefully I fixed them all. Just let me know If I need to do anything else.
Carisa

"Anything's better than lying and deceit." -Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

cimt wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 8:36 am https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/mountainsinthemist_26_boreham_128kb.mp3

This is the corrected section 26. Sorry for all the mistakes hopefully I fixed them all. Just let me know If I need to do anything else.
Thank you! Larry will be along sooner or later to do your spot PL. What is the new run time?
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

cimt wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 8:36 am https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/mountainsinthemist_26_boreham_128kb.mp3

Great job on the corrections. :thumbs:
Thanks for working on this.
Your contribution is much appreciated. :D
(I've put in the new file length).
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Well, can't let that last chapter languish.
Go ahead and put me in for it, if that's okay.

I'm having some technical issues with my recording, but should have that resolved shortly.
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

silverquill wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 9:47 pm Well, can't let that last chapter languish.
Go ahead and put me in for it, if that's okay.

I'm having some technical issues with my recording, but should have that resolved shortly.
Thank you! I was thinking of taking it myself for the same reason. I have my new little alcove studio set up, except that I don't have any acoustic paneling for the walls yet, and it's very echoey! So I probably won't be recording for a little while. :?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Doing a little housekeeping here, I just realized that section 20 was actually submitted some time back, but I apparently missed the post. :oops: It's in the MW now.

Section 12 only had a minor trim needed, so I've done that, and it needs a final spot PL.

I'm inclined to orphan 6, 7, and 17, as they all require significant edits, and neither reader has logged on in about a month. But I've PMed both of them. Hopefully we can get an update soon.