COMPLETE (Religion) Mountains in the Mist, FW Boreham (d. 1959)-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
laurencetrask

Post by laurencetrask »

Here is section 20 (PtII chapter 10) It is 12:44 in length.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/mountainsinthemist_20_boreham_128kb.mp3

Laurence
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Section 5 is uploaded, Larry. Probably not my best work. It's a tongue-tied day, and the cats were being demanding. If you find any weird bumps or stumbles, I'll be happy to fix it.
laurencetrask

Post by laurencetrask »

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Got it in the MW, thanks!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Billium113 wrote: April 19th, 2020, 3:22 am I cant see anything wrong with 17
so pls check that too
I've reviewed Section 16 and found many of your corrections very low in volume, and one was missed. But, it was just quicker and easier for my to make these adjustments myself than to write them all out again and send it back to you. So, I've marked it PL OK.

I did ask you to edit 17 before I did the proof listening. I can't believe you don't see anything wrong with it. :shock:

First, just looking at the waveform in Audacity it is easy to see there is a major problem with the volume. The section from about :30 to 10:45 is fine, but the intro and the portion after 10:45 is very, very low in volume at about only 79dB.

Then, I began my listening and found many, many errors. I stopped after five minutes of the recording. It is not the role of the proof listener to find all the places that need editing that the reader should do before submitting a recording. Many of these mistakes are stumbles and repeats or missed words that you should find and correct in your own editing process. I’m including my notes on the first five minutes so you can see what I’m talking about, but not including the minor stumbles along the way.

Please edit the entire recording before submitting it again. I suggest you listen to it while comparing it to the written text so that your find the missed words and phrases. If you are uncertain about anything, just ask. We are here to help

All the best,
Larry

NOTES:

014 Text: “candle” I hear “cradle”
0:51 “Carlyle” please check the proper pronunciation of the well-known writer
https://www.howtopronounce.com/carlyle
1:15 repeat of the word, “as”
1:20-22 long pause
2:18 Text: Westward Ho I hear: West Ho (I well-known book so needs correction)
2:57 Text: “Our spoonful” I hear: “One spoonful”
3:40 stumble on “pe-peculiarity”
3:59 stumble, repeat: “each of one … each one of”
4:23 Text: “When he opens his eye upon them for the first time” I hear: “when we opens . . .when we open his eyes among them for the first time”
4:32 Text: “That is what the apostle said” I hear: “This is what the apostle said”
4:56 Text: “ampler, richer, more glorious life” I hear: “sampler, ampler, more glorious life”
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
laurencetrask

Post by laurencetrask »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mightyfelix wrote: April 26th, 2020, 7:11 pm Section 5 is uploaded, Larry. Probably not my best work. It's a tongue-tied day, and the cats were being demanding. If you find any weird bumps or stumbles, I'll be happy to fix it.
Sounds just fine, Devorah!
PL OK
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

laurencetrask wrote: May 1st, 2020, 6:58 am Here is section 22...it is 10:18 in length.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/mountainsinthemist_22_boreham_128kb.mp3

Laurence
Nice reading, as usual, but the bit rate is incorrect.
We need 128 kbps constant This is 64.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

laurencetrask wrote: April 26th, 2020, 12:04 pm Here is section 9. It is 13:52 in length.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/mountainsinthemist_09_boreham_128kb.mp3

Laurence
Again, nice reading, but the volume is too low.
Can you amp this up to 89dB?

And, as Devorah pointed out, this is actually Section 19.
So, you have to modify the intro as well, and then upload the corrected file as 19.
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Laurence, I'm going to go out on a limb here, but do you often have to change your settings? :hmm: Maybe you're recording for other performs as well with different requirements? Most readers don't have as many technical issues, once they've first gotten those settings into place.

Whatever the reason may be, it might be a good idea for you, since you've now had a few of these technical red flags, to download Checker, if you don't already have it. I recommend running each of your files through it before uploading to make sure they meet the technical requirements. If I recall correctly, all of your sections have been perfect other than these technical misses, so using this quick tool would save you time in the long run, I think, and avoid your having to upload a second time.
laurencetrask

Post by laurencetrask »

laurencetrask

Post by laurencetrask »

laurencetrask

Post by laurencetrask »

mightyfelix wrote: May 1st, 2020, 9:17 am Laurence, I'm going to go out on a limb here, but do you often have to change your settings? :hmm: Maybe you're recording for other performs as well with different requirements? Most readers don't have as many technical issues, once they've first gotten those settings into place.

Whatever the reason may be, it might be a good idea for you, since you've now had a few of these technical red flags, to download Checker, if you don't already have it. I recommend running each of your files through it before uploading to make sure they meet the technical requirements. If I recall correctly, all of your sections have been perfect other than these technical misses, so using this quick tool would save you time in the long run, I think, and avoid your having to upload a second time.

Yes i have used checker extensively, but the latest iteration of the Mac os has broken the program, so I'm kind of guessing right now! I am constantly evolving my production methods, and had to switch editing programs for a bit (again, due to Macintosh Catalina) so yes, I am running into tech issues. I will endeavor to keep a better tab on things!

Laurence
laurencetrask

Post by laurencetrask »

laurencetrask wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 11:58 am
mightyfelix wrote: May 1st, 2020, 9:17 am Laurence, I'm going to go out on a limb here, but do you often have to change your settings? :hmm: Maybe you're recording for other performs as well with different requirements? Most readers don't have as many technical issues, once they've first gotten those settings into place.

Yes i have used checker extensively, but the latest iteration of the Mac os has broken the program, so I'm kind of guessing right now! I am constantly evolving my production methods, and had to switch editing programs for a bit (again, due to Macintosh Catalina) so yes, I am running into tech issues. I will endeavor to keep a better tab on things!

Laurence

Just double checked, the latest version of checker now works! (Thought I would let you know!

Laurence
laurencetrask

Post by laurencetrask »