[ANIMALS]The Living Animals of the World, Volume 1: Mammals-Leni

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12614
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » April 24th, 2020, 3:52 pm

LCantoni wrote:
April 24th, 2020, 2:26 pm
Here is Section 54, those tasty, tasty deer:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_54_cornish_128kb.mp3
[17:08]
:lol: :lol: Thanks, Linda!
Leni
=================

The Natural History volume 5 needs you! Only ONE section to go! :D

maxgal
Posts: 578
Joined: June 8th, 2019, 10:24 am

Post by maxgal » April 24th, 2020, 4:01 pm

Leni wrote:
April 15th, 2020, 2:35 pm
maxgal wrote:
April 15th, 2020, 10:33 am
Here is Section 58:
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_58_cornish_128kb.mp3
Duration 33:32

One note: At about 21:17, I say "possibly" instead of "probably."
This was a grievous error, which I noticed long after the fact. :oops:
...but I really hope I don't have to redo it, because it's hard to make it match. :cry:

Well, that doesn't change the meaning that much, so I think it is fine. Our PLer will give you more feedback, but don't worry about that mistake, I don't think it is that big, really! :)

Just checking...
I don't know if this section was missed.
I do know there are a lot of sections for this project! 8-)
...LJB
Louise
"every little breeze..."

RSlabaugh
Posts: 1052
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » April 24th, 2020, 7:42 pm

maxgal wrote:
April 24th, 2020, 4:01 pm
Just checking...
I don't know if this section was missed.
I do know there are a lot of sections for this project! 8-)
...LJB
I try to PL files in the order they came in, and yours is next in line. Sorry for being so far behind! Real life, plus several other busy projects to DPL, keep me hopping. I’ll be back with results ASAP.
~Rosebud

maxgal
Posts: 578
Joined: June 8th, 2019, 10:24 am

Post by maxgal » April 25th, 2020, 10:44 am

RSlabaugh wrote:
April 24th, 2020, 7:42 pm
maxgal wrote:
April 24th, 2020, 4:01 pm
Just checking...
I don't know if this section was missed.
I do know there are a lot of sections for this project! 8-)
...LJB
I try to PL files in the order they came in, and yours is next in line. Sorry for being so far behind! Real life, plus several other busy projects to DPL, keep me hopping. I’ll be back with results ASAP.
No, don't say sorry!
You're a busy bee. 🐝
Besides, ❤️ means never having to say you're sorry.
That's from one of the greatest literary achievements of all time. :lol:
Louise
"every little breeze..."

RSlabaugh
Posts: 1052
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » April 25th, 2020, 5:36 pm

maxgal wrote:
April 15th, 2020, 10:33 am
Here is Section 58:
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_58_cornish_128kb.mp3
Duration 33:32

One note: At about 21:17, I say "possibly" instead of "probably."
This was a grievous error, which I noticed long after the fact. :oops:
...but I really hope I don't have to redo it, because it's hard to make it match. :cry:
PL notes:
Only issue I found was a slightly high volume at 92.5 dB. If you could de-amplify that about 3 dB would be great.

I think this was the first time I’ve PLed any of your contributions. I’m really impressed with your clean-sounding recording! You must have a pretty good setup, and your voice is lovely to hear. Thank you for a pleasant listen!
~Rosebud

maxgal
Posts: 578
Joined: June 8th, 2019, 10:24 am

Post by maxgal » April 25th, 2020, 6:11 pm

RSlabaugh wrote:
April 25th, 2020, 5:36 pm
maxgal wrote:
April 15th, 2020, 10:33 am
Here is Section 58:
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_58_cornish_128kb.mp3
Duration 33:32

One note: At about 21:17, I say "possibly" instead of "probably."
This was a grievous error, which I noticed long after the fact. :oops:
...but I really hope I don't have to redo it, because it's hard to make it match. :cry:
PL notes:
Only issue I found was a slightly high volume at 92.5 dB. If you could de-amplify that about 3 dB would be great.

I think this was the first time I’ve PLed any of your contributions. I’m really impressed with your clean-sounding recording! You must have a pretty good setup, and your voice is lovely to hear. Thank you for a pleasant listen!
How nice! We aim to please. 😍
The only thing is...
I refuse to join the 21st century cheerfully, so can you clarify:
In my Audacity editing, I highlight the entire file and then click on "effect" and then "amplify" ... and it tells me that the "Amplification (dB)" is 2.553.
So what do I fill in for the box marked "New Peak Amplitude (dB)" ?
Louise
"every little breeze..."

RSlabaugh
Posts: 1052
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » April 25th, 2020, 8:49 pm

maxgal wrote:
April 25th, 2020, 6:11 pm
RSlabaugh wrote:
April 25th, 2020, 5:36 pm
PL notes:
Only issue I found was a slightly high volume at 92.5 dB. If you could de-amplify that about 3 dB would be great.

I think this was the first time I’ve PLed any of your contributions. I’m really impressed with your clean-sounding recording! You must have a pretty good setup, and your voice is lovely to hear. Thank you for a pleasant listen!
How nice! We aim to please. 😍
The only thing is...
I refuse to join the 21st century cheerfully, so can you clarify:
In my Audacity editing, I highlight the entire file and then click on "effect" and then "amplify" ... and it tells me that the "Amplification (dB)" is 2.553.
So what do I fill in for the box marked "New Peak Amplitude (dB)" ?
Process is correct, but in the box where it gives your amplification number, enter -3. This is because amplifying with a positive number will raise the volume even higher, while what we're trying to do is get it lower. Make sense? If not, holler again! :) And you don't need to worry about the "New Peak Amplitude".
~Rosebud

tommack
Posts: 158
Joined: November 4th, 2017, 12:57 pm
Location: Tucson Arizona
Contact:

Post by tommack » April 25th, 2020, 8:51 pm


Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12614
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » April 26th, 2020, 11:45 am

Leni
=================

The Natural History volume 5 needs you! Only ONE section to go! :D

silverquill
Posts: 13969
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » April 26th, 2020, 12:35 pm

How about I take Section 36?
~Larry

RSlabaugh
Posts: 1052
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » April 26th, 2020, 1:04 pm

PL OK :thumbs:
~Rosebud

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12614
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » April 26th, 2020, 1:34 pm

silverquill wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 12:35 pm
How about I take Section 36?
Great! Thanks!
Leni
=================

The Natural History volume 5 needs you! Only ONE section to go! :D

RSlabaugh
Posts: 1052
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » April 26th, 2020, 2:15 pm

Kikisaulite wrote:
April 16th, 2020, 9:31 am
Section 66 uploaded, duration is 10:16

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_66_cornish_128kb.mp3

K. :)
Sections 66 & 67 PL OK :thumbs:
~Rosebud

RSlabaugh
Posts: 1052
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » April 26th, 2020, 2:24 pm

csinclair wrote:
April 17th, 2020, 12:31 pm
Here's 57: https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_57_cornish_128kb.mp3

23:40 (I probably should have picked something shorter for my first recording...)

Sorry about the whistling s's...I'm not really sure how to fix that.
PL notes:
First of all, you did a great job for a first recording!! I think your s's are fine, as I didn't think of it at all while PLing.

~4:10 there's a spike from some noise. This will need to be edited out or reduced as much as possible.
~7:46, a slight stumble. I think you'll be able to snip a little and be free of that.

Volume will need to be amplified. It is currently at 84.8 dB (as high as that spike allowed you to go). Amplifying by 4 dB should get you where you'll want to be, close to 89 dB.

If you have any questions, please holler! :)
~Rosebud

maxgal
Posts: 578
Joined: June 8th, 2019, 10:24 am

Post by maxgal » April 26th, 2020, 2:30 pm

RSlabaugh wrote:
April 25th, 2020, 8:49 pm
maxgal wrote:
April 25th, 2020, 6:11 pm
RSlabaugh wrote:
April 25th, 2020, 5:36 pm
PL notes:
Only issue I found was a slightly high volume at 92.5 dB. If you could de-amplify that about 3 dB would be great.

I think this was the first time I’ve PLed any of your contributions. I’m really impressed with your clean-sounding recording! You must have a pretty good setup, and your voice is lovely to hear. Thank you for a pleasant listen!
How nice! We aim to please. 😍
The only thing is...
I refuse to join the 21st century cheerfully, so can you clarify:
In my Audacity editing, I highlight the entire file and then click on "effect" and then "amplify" ... and it tells me that the "Amplification (dB)" is 2.553.
So what do I fill in for the box marked "New Peak Amplitude (dB)" ?
Process is correct, but in the box where it gives your amplification number, enter -3. This is because amplifying with a positive number will raise the volume even higher, while what we're trying to do is get it lower. Make sense? If not, holler again! :) And you don't need to worry about the "New Peak Amplitude".
Here it is, new & improved...
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_58_cornish_128kb.mp3 🤞
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Post Reply