COMPLETE [ANIMALS]The Living Animals of the World, Volume 1: Mammals-Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Here is the section on tigers. As others have noted, it is mainly about how to shoot them and get their skins. :?

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_09_cornish_128kb.mp3
9:51
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

mightyfelix wrote: April 6th, 2020, 7:06 pm Here is the section on tigers. As others have noted, it is mainly about how to shoot them and get their skins. :?

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_09_cornish_128kb.mp3
9:51
Sadness. :cry:

Thanks for the recording!
Leni
=================
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

MDoorkeeper wrote: March 25th, 2020, 12:16 am Section 29 "The Walrus, The True Seals, The Common Seal" is uploaded and ready for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_29_cornish_128kb.mp3

Time duration: 16:10.

(I am the eggman)
PL OK :D

Sorry so long in getting back to you! RL has been hectic ever since the pandemic started- instead of business slowing down it's become a rat race. :? I guess there's a good side to that too, but I'd be happy to have 'vacation' along with the rest of the world. :lol:
~Rosebud
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

I know, Rosebud! Kind of the same here. :shock: Thanks for the PLing.
Leni
=================
MDoorkeeper

Post by MDoorkeeper »

RSlabaugh wrote: April 9th, 2020, 1:27 pm
MDoorkeeper wrote: March 25th, 2020, 12:16 am Section 29 "The Walrus, The True Seals, The Common Seal" is uploaded and ready for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_29_cornish_128kb.mp3

Time duration: 16:10.

(I am the eggman)
PL OK :D

Sorry so long in getting back to you! RL has been hectic ever since the pandemic started- instead of business slowing down it's become a rat race. :? I guess there's a good side to that too, but I'd be happy to have 'vacation' along with the rest of the world. :lol:
Quite alright, I understand. The world is upside-down, the sky is falling, (run and tell the King!) and we seem to live in interesting times.
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it"
--Mark Twain
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Since we really need this project to keep running so we can catalog it before our deadline, I am releasing section 61, on the Marsupials, since the reader has not been to the LV forums since March 15 and has not replied to a PM sent on March 22. I am also releasing sections 36-39, as the reader hasn't been online since March 21 and has not picked up a PM from March 25.
Leni
=================
DeborahJBernard

Post by DeborahJBernard »

I'd like to read The Rhinoceros. Thank you.

deborahjbernard
DeborahJBernard

Post by DeborahJBernard »

I'd like to read The Rhinoceros, section 37 .Thank you.

deborahjbernard
tommack

Post by tommack »

I'd like to read section 61 "Marsupials & the kangaroo"

tommack
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Here is the corrected section 65, duration now 17:37
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_65_cornish_128kb.mp3
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
PreskeAhrenholtz

Post by PreskeAhrenholtz »

Leni wrote: March 12th, 2020, 7:53 pm
PreskeAhrenholtz wrote: March 12th, 2020, 6:44 pm Can I have section 60 Kangaroos pleeeeease??
Yes, section assigned, thanks! :D
I still have the file for this on my computer. I unfortunately had to take a break because of a death in my family, but I can finish this section if you I am still allowed to.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

DeborahJBernard wrote: April 10th, 2020, 1:11 pm I'd like to read The Rhinoceros, section 37 .Thank you.

deborahjbernard
Hello, Deborah, and welcome to Librivox! I see you already did the 1-minute test. Please wait for feedback there before starting here. Also, before I can assign you the section, I need to know under what name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog.

Best,
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Kikisaulite wrote: April 11th, 2020, 2:19 am Here is the corrected section 65, duration now 17:37
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_65_cornish_128kb.mp3
Thanks, Kristine!
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

PreskeAhrenholtz wrote: April 11th, 2020, 9:19 am
I still have the file for this on my computer. I unfortunately had to take a break because of a death in my family, but I can finish this section if you I am still allowed to.
Hello, and sorry for your loss.

This project is a bit of a tighter schedule than our normal projects, since we need it cataloged by a certain date and it is quite long. So I am trying to make sure all readers are active and working towards the completion, even sending PMs when needed. So, that is the normal for other LV projects, but this one is different because it is commemorative.

If you had already recorded and think you will be able to finish it soon, please, do! I will reassign you the section, thanks!
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

tommack wrote: April 10th, 2020, 9:11 pm I'd like to read section 61 "Marsupials & the kangaroo"

tommack
Hello, tommack! Thanks for your offer of contributing here, but the original reader of the section came back just a few hours later and said he already has the file. So I think we are going with him, so we don't have double work here. Thanks again though for your prompt offer, and maybe you would be interest in another section?
Leni
=================