Post by KathrynP »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

~ Larry
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Let's see how Billy Bunny is doing today:

Chapters 2, 3, 4, and 4 are just fine, but they make me wonder just how many things Billy Bunny has in his knapsack and how his popgun doesn't get messed up with the apple pie. :? :?

The MW shows them to be PL OK.

Lomond
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Section 10 has something that might need to be tended to.

TIME; 01:50 TEXT: " “Oh, I am king of the Bullfrog Pond, Ker-plunk, ker-chunk, ker-plunk!" There is a clicking noise in the background. I will leave it up to you if you think it needs to be filtered out. Otherwise, it's PL OK.

I can only wonder if this would be allowed in children's' books today: "And if the lawn mower doesn’t run over our white poodle dog and cut off all his hair". Hmmmm.

Lomond
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Thank you, shashankjakhmola, for another set of nicely read chapters. All were found to be PL OK.

I checked out your YouTube channel. It was fun to put a face with the voice.

The patriotic nature of Chapter 14 reminded me that this was probably written during the first world war.

Interesting that David Cory also wrote a book entitled "Little Jack Rabbit and Danny Fox".

Lomond
loon

Post by loon »

lomond wrote: January 30th, 2020, 7:48 pm TIME; 01:50 TEXT: " “Oh, I am king of the Bullfrog Pond, Ker-plunk, ker-chunk, ker-plunk!" There is a clicking noise in the background. I will leave it up to you if you think it needs to be filtered out. Otherwise, it's PL OK.
That wasn't so much background as it was my lips - or maybe my tongue. I was just about inside the microphone for the Frog King's lines, so it picked up things that aren't normally a problem. But since the sound bugged you (and since it was easier than I expected to zoom in on and snip out those 3 clicks), here's an fixed file ready for your spot check.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/billybunnyanddaddyfox_10_cory_128kb.mp3
3:30 (it's 0.05 seconds shorter than the previous one)

Thanks for keeping me honest!
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

I am always wondering just how "picky" to be with things in a person's readings, so I often leave it up to powers that be greater than me to decide if a change should be made. :)

See you in the MW soon,

Lomond
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

sstmarie, welcome to LibriVox. Glad to have you aboard. May we assume that sstmarie has something to Sault Ste Marie?

Here are some comments on Chapters 28-31:

A good first offering. Good voice level and pronunciation. Easy to listen to. Just a few minor things that might need some attention.

Chapter 28:

I find it interesting that the title of this section has "Mrs. Weasel" but the story has "Old Man Weasel".

TIME: 00:07 Bit of a stutter here.

TIME: 02:50 TEXT: "he couldn’t bend it, and his ankle so he couldn’t wiggle it," Bit of a stutter/hesitation in this phrase.

Chapter 29:

TIME: 00:12 Bit of a stutter here.

Chapter 30:

TIME: 00:41 TEXT: "then, of course, the automobile wouldn’t go, for the cabaret wouldn’t work and the engine wouldn’t whistle. So Billy Bunny got out the sticking plaster" This section has a repeat and a stutter in it.

TIME: 03:00 TEXT: "you next time whether Uncle Lucky and Billy Bunny" There is a repeat at "Billy".

Chapter 31:

PL OK

Looking forward to more offerings from you.

Lomond
shashankjakhmola

Post by shashankjakhmola »

lomond wrote: January 30th, 2020, 8:41 pm
Greetings -

Thank you, shashankjakhmola, for another set of nicely read chapters. All were found to be PL OK.

I checked out your YouTube channel. It was fun to put a face with the voice.

The patriotic nature of Chapter 14 reminded me that this was probably written during the first world war.

Interesting that David Cory also wrote a book entitled "Little Jack Rabbit and Danny Fox".

Lomond
Thanks you for checking out my channel. Will kook forward to more David Cory stuff.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Ah, Lomond's been busy :clap: :clap:
I know we gave you a flood, but I appreciate your good PL work.
I think your approach is fine when you point out things that may be optional for the reader.

BTW, we did catalog the previous Billy Bunny book today. :D
~ Larry
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Here is Chapter 18:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/billybunnyanddaddyfox_18_cory_128kb.mp3
3:39

I have a couple more of my chapters I need to finish editing and hope to upload in the next few days!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

jennlea wrote: January 31st, 2020, 4:34 am Here is Chapter 18:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/billybunnyanddaddyfox_18_cory_128kb.mp3
3:39

I have a couple more of my chapters I need to finish editing and hope to upload in the next few days!
Oh, good!
We may finish this in record time. :D
~ Larry
larryhayes7

Post by larryhayes7 »

KathrynP

Post by KathrynP »

lomond wrote: January 30th, 2020, 7:46 pm Greetings -

Let's see how Billy Bunny is doing today:

Chapters 2, 3, 4, and 4 are just fine, but they make me wonder just how many things Billy Bunny has in his knapsack and how his popgun doesn't get messed up with the apple pie. :? :?

The MW shows them to be PL OK.

Lomond
Thank you, Lomond. I would imagine that Billy Bunny's knapsack has everything in it except the kitchen sink!!
Kathryn