[GROUP]Epistles of John -- Young Literal Translation-mas

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
KevinS
Posts: 5856
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 23rd, 2020, 8:53 pm

lomond wrote:
January 23rd, 2020, 8:44 pm
Greetings -

I am totally OK with it.

Lomond
Great! Thank you!

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15449
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 4:37 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » January 27th, 2020, 3:36 pm

Kevin,
Would you like to bc this as a group? For 1 John, you'd need to decide how to break up the chapters into sections (unless you want to do each chapter as a section, but I thought you were grouping chapters on some other books for this translation ...)
MaryAnn

KevinS
Posts: 5856
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 27th, 2020, 3:51 pm

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 3:36 pm
Kevin,
Would you like to bc this as a group? For 1 John, you'd need to decide how to break up the chapters into sections (unless you want to do each chapter as a section, but I thought you were grouping chapters on some other books for this translation ...)
MaryAnn
To tell you the truth, I think I'd like 1John as just one longish section. It's not so long as to require more.

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15449
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 4:37 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » January 27th, 2020, 7:09 pm

OK, I think everything looks good for a group project. I've changed the coding behind the scenes and made a few tweaks to the intro language. See if it makes sense to you.

We are also now on readers wanted - looking for someone to read these two open sections.

Thanks for taking this on Kevin, and for being willing to group them into a single project.

MaryAnn

KevinS
Posts: 5856
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 27th, 2020, 7:39 pm

Many thanks!

paulbrianstewart
Posts: 67
Joined: August 29th, 2015, 7:21 pm
Location: Washington, USA
Contact:

Post by paulbrianstewart » February 2nd, 2020, 9:54 pm

Gidday,
May I do section 2, the second epistle of John?
Please and thank you, I’m looking forward to helping.
Kind regards,
Paul Stewart

KevinS
Posts: 5856
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » February 3rd, 2020, 3:55 pm

paulbrianstewart wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 9:54 pm
Gidday,
May I do section 2, the second epistle of John?
Please and thank you, I’m looking forward to helping.
Kind regards,
Paul Stewart
Yes, please do. Many thanks to you!

paulbrianstewart
Posts: 67
Joined: August 29th, 2015, 7:21 pm
Location: Washington, USA
Contact:

Post by paulbrianstewart » February 3rd, 2020, 6:36 pm

Thanks, that's wonderful!
I'll try to have it done sometime this week, if at all possible.
Kind Regards,
Paul Stewart

DJWilliams
Posts: 3
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 7:11 pm

Post by DJWilliams » February 3rd, 2020, 7:13 pm

I'm interested in reading 1 John. I'm new to this. Please let me know what I need to do to get assigned to this.

Thanks,

DJ

KevinS
Posts: 5856
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » February 3rd, 2020, 8:21 pm

DJWilliams wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 7:13 pm
I'm interested in reading 1 John. I'm new to this. Please let me know what I need to do to get assigned to this.

Thanks,

DJ
Hi, DJ. I recommend that you test your recording equipment and technical specifications by taking what we call the one-minute test. Instructions should have been sent to you when you registered.

I'll look for the link now and post it in just a moment.
Last edited by KevinS on February 3rd, 2020, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KevinS
Posts: 5856
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » February 3rd, 2020, 8:23 pm

KevinS wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 8:21 pm
DJWilliams wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 7:13 pm
I'm interested in reading 1 John. I'm new to this. Please let me know what I need to do to get assigned to this.

Thanks,

DJ
Hi, DJ. I recommend that you test your recording equipment and technical specifications by taking what we call the one-minute test. Instructions should have been sent to you when you registered.

I'll look for the link now and post it in just a moment.
Here it is: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker

DJWilliams
Posts: 3
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 7:11 pm

Post by DJWilliams » February 4th, 2020, 7:40 pm

Got it here. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=78108

Thanks for the help.

KevinS
Posts: 5856
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » February 4th, 2020, 8:05 pm

DJWilliams wrote:
February 4th, 2020, 7:40 pm
Got it here. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=78108

Thanks for the help.
Great sound!

I'll assign you now!

Oh, and did you tell me how you wanted to appear in the catalog?

We have a forum name and a catalog name. One can use one name for both or another for the catalog name (which is public.) Some choose to use their real name or something else. Please let me know how you would like to appear.

paulbrianstewart
Posts: 67
Joined: August 29th, 2015, 7:21 pm
Location: Washington, USA
Contact:

Post by paulbrianstewart » February 5th, 2020, 8:07 pm

Gidday Kevin, MaryAnn,

Here is The Second Epistle Of John

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/epistleofjohn_02_ylt_128kb.mp3

File Size: 2.3mb
Track Length: 2:30:47

I hope this is helpful. I'm looking to be as helpful and good as I can so I welcome any feedback and critique/suggestions for improvement, please let me know if I can make things better.
Kind Regards,
Paul Stewart

markpenfold
Posts: 992
Joined: January 9th, 2008, 3:03 pm
Location: Lincoln, NE

Post by markpenfold » February 5th, 2020, 8:18 pm

I am very pleased to see the YLT New Testament off to a great start! :mrgreen:
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa

Post Reply