[COMPLETE][Short stories]The Black Cat Vol. 01 No. 02 November 1895 - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KateG

Post by KateG » February 8th, 2020, 2:18 am

Kitty wrote:
February 8th, 2020, 2:14 am

And since we are only waiting for one final section, I think it's time I prepare the next magazine :mrgreen: Will post the link here once it's up and running.
Yay! :clap: Already looking forward to that! :mrgreen:
Reader's Page 13871

"You're evil, you know that?", I said. She grinned and shook her head: "Chaotic neutral, sugar"
(Ernest Cline - Ready Player One)

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » February 8th, 2020, 2:43 am

KateG wrote:
February 8th, 2020, 2:18 am
Yay! :clap: Already looking forward to that! :mrgreen:
well, get in quick there then, because there are only 6 stories this time :shock: so I am sorry to tell you, not every reader in this issue will have the opportunity of reading in the next one. :( sorry about that

Here is the new link: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=78151

see you around

Sonia

huldaheath

Post by huldaheath » February 15th, 2020, 8:50 am

Hi Sonia, I'll have to un-claim section 2! :? Apologies to have delayed the project, some unforeseen time limitations came up for me the last few weeks. I'm sure a great reader will grab it! It's a delightful little story.
⛧ Hulda

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » February 15th, 2020, 11:51 am

huldaheath wrote:
February 15th, 2020, 8:50 am
Hi Sonia, I'll have to un-claim section 2! :? Apologies to have delayed the project, some unforeseen time limitations came up for me the last few weeks. I'm sure a great reader will grab it! It's a delightful little story.
awww I'm sorry to hear that Hulda, but yes, unforseen events do happen. :( I am grateful that you told me as soon as you knew, at least that way the project is not stagnating. :thumbs: And the Black Cat magazine will continue on for quite some time still, so I'm hoping that I'll be hearing you again in one of the later editions :)

And you know what, I'll be taking over this story, that way we can stay fully claimed right away. :mrgreen:

Of course if I'm reading I need another volunteer to PL my section. Would any of you readers be willing to listen to it later on ? :help: I guess I can read and edit it tomorrow, so we can wrap this one up soon. :9:

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » February 16th, 2020, 3:52 am

and here is the final story, not a pleasant one I'm afraid. Bud seems to be a budding psychopathic killer in the making :evil: I hate cruelty to animals as pass-time for bored people. The only redeeming point is that the story breaks off before the finale, so readers like me are left hoping that there will be a happy-ending for the monkey.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0102nov1895_2_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 8:31 min.

Any volunteer to PL this final section ?

Thanks in advance

Sonia

NemoR

Post by NemoR » February 16th, 2020, 7:16 am

Kitty wrote:
February 16th, 2020, 3:52 am
and here is the final story, not a pleasant one I'm afraid. Bud seems to be a budding psychopathic killer in the making :evil: I hate cruelty to animals as pass-time for bored people. The only redeeming point is that the story breaks off before the finale, so readers like me are left hoping that there will be a happy-ending for the monkey.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0102nov1895_2_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 8:31 min.

Any volunteer to PL this final section ?

Thanks in advance

Sonia
I'll do it Sonia! .... after coffee!!
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » February 16th, 2020, 7:18 am

NemoR wrote:
February 16th, 2020, 7:16 am
I'll do it Sonia! .... after coffee!!
thank you Nemo, and yes, better after coffee :? enjoy your brekkie.

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » February 16th, 2020, 7:30 am

and while waiting for the final PL job, I wanted to share with you the little teasers I concoted up this time for each of your stories. I hope you all find them fitting. I also took care not to do too many spoilers:

A Calaveras hold-up: can love make a man mend his ways or are some relationships doomed from the start ?
From a trolley post: a boring bus-stop wait is interrupted by a young boy's favourite pastime of hunting animals
An andenken: the story of a young artist's budding love in the romantic, yet wild landscape of the Tyrolian Alps
The man from Maine: a chance encounter in a train shows the resourcefulness of some people to get what they most want
A wedding tombstone: wouldn't a tombstone be a macabre wedding gift from a husband to his newly-wed bride ?
The other one: in his dark wine-cellar, an old man makes a chilling confession to his bank-clerk
Stateroom six: the bad luck of a gambler proves the good fortune of a young girl
Her eyes, your honor: a resourceful lawyer stops at nothing to save a woman from the gallows

Sonia

NemoR

Post by NemoR » February 16th, 2020, 8:10 am

Section 2 is PL OK! ,,,, great reading Sonia! .... I'm glad we missed the 3rd act :shock:
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » February 16th, 2020, 8:32 am

NemoR wrote:
February 16th, 2020, 8:10 am
Section 2 is PL OK! ,,,, great reading Sonia! .... I'm glad we missed the 3rd act :shock:
yes me too :( even though, I like to think that the monkey out-tricked Bud somehow and the boy fell down the balcony :twisted: serves him right.

Thanks for the fast PL, Nemo :9:

Now I will proceed to archive this little gem. Will post back once it's done.

Thank you so much for all the great contributions: Dan, Katie, Shanna, Julie, Nemo, Todd and J. :D I hope to hear you all again in one or more of the next issues.

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » February 16th, 2020, 10:05 am

and it's done :)

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/black-cat-01-02-nov1895-by-various/

Moving to Completed Projects !

Sonia