COMPLETE [GROUP]1001 Questions and Answers on General History-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS
Posts: 6607
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 10th, 2020, 10:41 pm

svonb002 wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 10:27 pm
Hello. May I claim section 8?
Yes, of course! Thank you!


yatsuatari
Posts: 40
Joined: January 21st, 2020, 12:37 pm
Location: Kansas, USA

Post by yatsuatari » January 23rd, 2020, 9:23 am

May I claim section 11: Germany, please.
Thank you.

KevinS
Posts: 6607
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 23rd, 2020, 10:18 am

yatsuatari wrote:
January 23rd, 2020, 9:23 am
May I claim section 11: Germany, please.
Thank you.
Welcome! Yes, of course!

linny
Posts: 12784
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » January 23rd, 2020, 11:38 am

Chapter 4 is PL OK. :thumbs:

linny
Posts: 12784
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » January 23rd, 2020, 12:14 pm

Chapter 7 is PL OK. That was a long one! Well done.

KevinS
Posts: 6607
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 23rd, 2020, 12:22 pm

linny wrote:
January 23rd, 2020, 12:14 pm
Chapter 7 is PL OK. That was a long one! Well done.
Thank you, linny!

Mikolaj
Posts: 8
Joined: November 3rd, 2018, 9:29 pm

Post by Mikolaj » January 23rd, 2020, 6:58 pm

Hello there, may I read section 10: France

KevinS
Posts: 6607
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 23rd, 2020, 7:22 pm

Mikolaj wrote:
January 23rd, 2020, 6:58 pm
Hello there, may I read section 10: France
Yes. Welcome!

Do be careful to record in mono, please, rather than stereo.

yatsuatari
Posts: 40
Joined: January 21st, 2020, 12:37 pm
Location: Kansas, USA

Post by yatsuatari » January 24th, 2020, 10:57 pm


silverquill
Posts: 12160
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 24th, 2020, 11:34 pm

Here is Japan:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/1001questions_03_hathaway_128kb.mp3 10:10

I think you will find the questions about the introduction of Christianity into Japan and its aftermath very interesting.
It parallels what happened in Korea where the anti-foreign sentiment was aroused by the Confucian leaders who felt threatened. The expulsion of the foreigners, mainly French, was followed be cruel persectution and martrydom. I have visited many of the memorials built up around some of these sites of mass exectutions, and it if very moving. They are now places of pilgrimage and worship among the Catholics in Korea. But, all we Christians are of their lineage and reverence their sacrifice.

KevinS
Posts: 6607
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 25th, 2020, 7:18 pm

silverquill wrote:
January 24th, 2020, 11:34 pm
Here is Japan:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/1001questions_03_hathaway_128kb.mp3 10:10

I think you will find the questions about the introduction of Christianity into Japan and its aftermath very interesting.
It parallels what happened in Korea where the anti-foreign sentiment was aroused by the Confucian leaders who felt threatened. The expulsion of the foreigners, mainly French, was followed be cruel persectution and martrydom. I have visited many of the memorials built up around some of these sites of mass exectutions, and it if very moving. They are now places of pilgrimage and worship among the Catholics in Korea. But, all we Christians are of their lineage and reverence their sacrifice.
Thank you! I'm going to have a listen soon!

KevinS
Posts: 6607
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 25th, 2020, 7:20 pm


drandall
Posts: 60
Joined: March 10th, 2018, 12:25 pm
Contact:

Post by drandall » January 25th, 2020, 9:47 pm

I would like to claim:

Section 5: Persia and Palestine
Section 6: Greece
Thanks,
drandall

KevinS
Posts: 6607
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 26th, 2020, 8:02 am

drandall wrote:
January 25th, 2020, 9:47 pm
I would like to claim:

Section 5: Persia and Palestine
Section 6: Greece
Wonderful! Thank you!

Post Reply