[GROUP]Acts (Young's Literal Translation) - tg

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
DurhamRyan
Posts: 23
Joined: December 23rd, 2019, 2:09 pm

Post by DurhamRyan » January 3rd, 2020, 9:43 am

I have read some of it in the past. Look forward to spending some time with it this weekend.

KevinS
Posts: 5951
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 3rd, 2020, 11:47 am

DurhamRyan wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 9:43 am
I have read some of it in the past. Look forward to spending some time with it this weekend.
That's great! I'm getting my section done now. I'm just double-checking some pronunciations.

When in doubt, I use: https://biblespeak.org/

DurhamRyan
Posts: 23
Joined: December 23rd, 2019, 2:09 pm

Post by DurhamRyan » January 3rd, 2020, 12:39 pm

Sweet! I'll keep that in mind. I would start mine but I'm at work :roll: do any of you guys ever do anything on ACX or anything like that?

KevinS
Posts: 5951
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 3rd, 2020, 7:12 pm

TriciaG wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 9:43 am
Moving to Readers Wanted before it's totally claimed... :lol:
Hahaah! You could be the one!

KevinS
Posts: 5951
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 3rd, 2020, 7:12 pm


TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 44229
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » January 3rd, 2020, 7:16 pm

KevinS wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 7:12 pm
TriciaG wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 9:43 am
Moving to Readers Wanted before it's totally claimed... :lol:
Hahaah! You could be the one!
You mean, I could claim it? I've got a cold; no recording for me for at least a few days!
Mystery stories: The Master of Mysteries
Kerner Report on 1967 race riots: LINK
Mussolini's speeches thru 1923: LINK
The Medici family history: LINK

KevinS
Posts: 5951
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 3rd, 2020, 7:22 pm

TriciaG wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 7:16 pm
KevinS wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 7:12 pm
TriciaG wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 9:43 am
Moving to Readers Wanted before it's totally claimed... :lol:
Hahaah! You could be the one!
You mean, I could claim it? I've got a cold; no recording for me for at least a few days!
Hot tea. (Brandy optional.)

lomond
Posts: 1487
Joined: July 7th, 2008, 6:22 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon, area

Post by lomond » January 3rd, 2020, 9:46 pm

KevinS wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 7:12 pm
Section 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/acts_05_ylt_128kb.mp3 30:54
Greetings -

Section 5 notes:

TIME: 02:14 TEXT: "for as thou didst fully testify the things concerning" Reading has "justify" instead of "testify"

TIME: 12:00 TEXT: "and Bernice, came down to Caesarea saluting Festus," Reading has some repeated phrases here.

Otherwise, PL OK.

Ever wonder what happened to the 40 Jews who said they would not eat until Paul was dead?

Lomond

KevinS
Posts: 5951
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 3rd, 2020, 9:53 pm

lomond wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 9:46 pm
KevinS wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 7:12 pm
Section 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/acts_05_ylt_128kb.mp3 30:54
Greetings -

Section 5 notes:

TIME: 02:14 TEXT: "for as thou didst fully testify the things concerning" Reading has "justify" instead of "testify"

TIME: 12:00 TEXT: "and Bernice, came down to Caesarea saluting Festus," Reading has some repeated phrases here.

Otherwise, PL OK.

Ever wonder what happened to the 40 Jews who said they would not eat until Paul was dead?

Lomond
Thank you. This one was difficult for me. Perhaps I'm just tired. I think I'm off to bed.

Great to see others interested, though, isn't it?

lomond
Posts: 1487
Joined: July 7th, 2008, 6:22 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon, area

Post by lomond » January 3rd, 2020, 11:04 pm

Greetings -

Always good to see new folk involved with LV.

The sandman is knocking at my door as well and the padded, horizontal surface beckons here in Portland.

Lomond

adrianstephens
Posts: 425
Joined: August 27th, 2019, 5:06 am
Location: Cambridge UK
Contact:

Post by adrianstephens » January 4th, 2020, 9:41 am

Section 2 @ 37:01, ready for PL
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/acts_02_ylt_128kb.mp3

That was the longest single section I think I've read. Glad I don't normally read the bible from YLT, because the syntax often seems back to front. I don't know because that's how the hebrew works, or because the language has changed from the start of the previous century.

Anyhow, that's my recording done for a few weeks as I have to take a trip to LA to attend a trial, and, no, I'm not in the dock!

KevinS
Posts: 5951
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 4th, 2020, 10:04 am

adrianstephens wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 9:41 am
Section 2 @ 37:01, ready for PL
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/acts_02_ylt_128kb.mp3

That was the longest single section I think I've read. Glad I don't normally read the bible from YLT, because the syntax often seems back to front. I don't know because that's how the hebrew works, or because the language has changed from the start of the previous century.

Anyhow, that's my recording done for a few weeks as I have to take a trip to LA to attend a trial, and, no, I'm not in the dock!
Thank you!

Are you sure you wouldn't prefer Malibu?

lomond
Posts: 1487
Joined: July 7th, 2008, 6:22 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon, area

Post by lomond » January 4th, 2020, 12:51 pm

adrianstephens wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 9:41 am
Section 2 @ 37:01, ready for PL
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/acts_02_ylt_128kb.mp3

That was the longest single section I think I've read. Glad I don't normally read the bible from YLT, because the syntax often seems back to front. I don't know because that's how the hebrew works, or because the language has changed from the start of the previous century.
Greetings -

Very well read, Adrian.

Just one thing to bring to your attention:

TIME: 18:26 TEXT: "unto the synagogues, that if he may find any being" Reading omits the word "if".

I will leave it to your judgment if this needs to be corrected.

I find some similarities between the Bible in YLT and the way Yoda speaks in Star Wars. :) :) :roll:

Lomond

juddmoss
Posts: 10
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 1:31 pm

Post by juddmoss » January 4th, 2020, 7:43 pm

This is my first project! I would like to do section 4 if possible.

Judd

KevinS
Posts: 5951
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 4th, 2020, 8:16 pm

juddmoss wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 7:43 pm
This is my first project! I would like to do section 4 if possible.

Judd
That would be wonderful!

I will assign you as soon as you decide on a display name. We have two names here: our forum name and our display name. The display name is what is displayed in the catalog. Often people use their real names or they may choose to use another name. It can be almost anything. (I use KevinS for both, but you can do as you wish.)

Post Reply