[Complete] Leave it to Doris by Ethel Hueston - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Monaxi wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 10:29 am
booksnchocolate wrote: May 1st, 2020, 9:25 pm Hello!
I have uploaded chapter 3.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/leaveittodoris_03_hueston_128kb.mp3 (21:55.16)
Hello! Welcome to LV! I enjoyed your reading and have only a few comments:
Perhaps Lynnet can help us out with the first thing: The DC Bias was +6. I'm not sure exactly what that means, and the recording sounded nice, but my own numbers for that stat are quite a bit lower -- closer to "0". So, Lynnet, does this matter? What do you think?

Next, at 11:55 there is a stumble. Perhaps that's an edit that could be redone to be a little smoother?
Also, there are soft background noises throughout. This did not actually detract from listening and I do not suggest you try to fix them this time. I'm mentioning this so that you can have it mind for future recordings.

Over all, nice job!
DC bias came up in another project and I had to ask other admins, so I know this one :clap: :clap: :D

If it less than 100, don’t worry about it.
If it’s “bad”, it is several hundred and the human ear usually only hears it at 1000 or more (except unusually sensitive people or if you are looking for it).
booksnchocolate

Post by booksnchocolate »

Monaxi wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 10:29 am
booksnchocolate wrote: May 1st, 2020, 9:25 pm Hello!
I have uploaded chapter 3.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/leaveittodoris_03_hueston_128kb.mp3 (21:55.16)
Hello! Welcome to LV! I enjoyed your reading and have only a few comments:
Perhaps Lynnet can help us out with the first thing: The DC Bias was +6. I'm not sure exactly what that means, and the recording sounded nice, but my own numbers for that stat are quite a bit lower -- closer to "0". So, Lynnet, does this matter? What do you think?

Next, at 11:55 there is a stumble. Perhaps that's an edit that could be redone to be a little smoother?
Also, there are soft background noises throughout. This did not actually detract from listening and I do not suggest you try to fix them this time. I'm mentioning this so that you can have it mind for future recordings.

Over all, nice job!
Thank you!
I will try to fix the stumble at 11:55. I actually noticed it when I edited my recording, and I had hoped I had fixed it satisfactorily. I'm still a newbie at editing! I'll give it another try. I guess I probably need to re-record a larger section and paste it in.
I'm having trouble with background noises. I'm finding I need to turn my mic level pretty high, and then it does tend to pick up a lot of background noises. I ran the noise reduction, but maybe next time I need to rerun the noise reduction for a second pass.

Let me know if I need to do anything about the DC Bias.
Thanks again for listening!
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

From what Lynnet wrote, no, you don't need to anything re the DC bias.
Re noise reduction, I usually do run a second pass. HOWEVER, I use a noise sample from the cleaned file. I do not use the same sample I did originally. You are off to a great start!

Peace be with you,
Sister
booksnchocolate

Monaxi wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 4:12 pm From what Lynnet wrote, no, you don't need to anything re the DC bias.
Re noise reduction, I usually do run a second pass. HOWEVER, I use a noise sample from the cleaned file. I do not use the same sample I did originally. You are off to a great start!
Thanks so much for all the help!
OK, here is my new uploaded file:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/leaveittodoris_03_hueston_128kb.mp3 (21:56.99)

I fixed the part where I had a stumble. Then I reran the noise reduction, but my volume ended up a little low, so I had to amplify it just a tad. I also checked in my notes from Adrian how to fix my DC Bias so I also got that to 0. I am learning so much!!!
I hope it's all set to go now!
Thanks again. :)
Jan
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

Jan, Section 03 is PL OK!

Peace be with you,
Sister
booksnchocolate

Monaxi wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 5:19 pm Jan, Section 03 is PL OK!
Yay!!! Thank you!
booksnchocolate

Hello again!
I would like to volunteer to read chapters 7 and 10, if I may.
Thank you!
Jan
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

booksnchocolate wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 10:49 am Hello again!
Thank you!
Jan
You may!
booksnchocolate

Lynnet wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 1:43 pm
booksnchocolate wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 10:49 am Hello again!
Thank you!
Jan
You may!
Thank you!!!
cindyblj

Post by cindyblj »

Hi! I would like to read Section 10 & 11. This is my first time recording. Please use Cindy Bu as my name. Thank you so much!
Cindy Bu
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

cindyblj wrote: May 4th, 2020, 5:37 pm Hi! I would like to read Section 10 & 11. This is my first time recording. Please use Cindy Bu as my name. Thank you so much!
Cindy Bu
Hi Cindy.
Welcome tp Librivox. I have added you to the catalog.
I have assigned chapter 11 to you. However, chapter 10 had already been assigned.
Please read the first post but ask if you have questions.
cindyblj

Post by cindyblj »

Hi! Sorry to include a section that have already been assigned. Can I then have Section 12 as well? Thank you!
Cindy Bu
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

cindyblj wrote: May 4th, 2020, 6:14 pm Hi! Sorry to include a section that have already been assigned. Can I then have Section 12 as well? Thank you!
Cindy Bu
:thumbs:
jigraves

Post by jigraves »

Here's section 14 The Doctor. Thank you!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/leaveittodoris_14_hueston_128kb.mp3
Time is 13:44
Jackie Graves
Noblesville, IN

Constructive feedback and criticism is always welcome. Thank you!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

jigraves wrote: May 10th, 2020, 1:16 pm Here's section 14 The Doctor. Thank you!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/leaveittodoris_14_hueston_128kb.mp3
Time is 13:44
Thank you