[Travel fiction] The Secret City by Hugh Walpole - lt

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18340
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » January 1st, 2020, 6:04 pm

laughingcat302 wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 3:27 pm
Section 7 of the The Secret City

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/secretcity_7_walpole_128kb.mp3
Thank you. How long is it please?

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8143
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » January 2nd, 2020, 2:42 am

I got Section 7 at 19:43 and is PL OK! I mean, the intro follows the guidelines for "Chapter #" as in the first post, though some of the other readers have said "Part #, Chapter #". Is there a preference, or are both OK?

One suggestion for Violet Bleu for future recordings, a pass of light noise reduction in Audacity. There is some low background white noise, so it definitely isn't disturbing, but some noise reduction wouldn't hurt either, if you're interested in incorporating it in your editing process :)

Also PL OK are Chapters 13 to 16 :thumbs:

laughingcat302
Posts: 51
Joined: October 14th, 2019, 1:54 pm

Post by laughingcat302 » January 2nd, 2020, 7:23 am

Sorry, I completely forgot to post the amount of time and the chapter etc!

I appreciate the feedback on the noise reduction. Should I apply that to the entire recording and submit it again?

Natalie/ Violet Bleu
Violet Bleu
"She believed she could, so she did"--R.S. Grey

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18340
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » January 2nd, 2020, 9:30 am

Rapunzelina wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 2:42 am
I mean, the intro follows the guidelines for "Chapter #" as in the first post, though some of the other readers have said "Part #, Chapter #". Is there a preference, or are both OK
I’m not that bothered by inconsistency :D

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8143
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » January 2nd, 2020, 4:48 pm

laughingcat302 wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 7:23 am
Sorry, I completely forgot to post the amount of time and the chapter etc!

I appreciate the feedback on the noise reduction. Should I apply that to the entire recording and submit it again?

Natalie/ Violet Bleu
Since it's PL OK, I'd say leave it as is, but you can experiment with the Noise Reduction feature in future recordings, and see if it makes a difference or not.

laughingcat302
Posts: 51
Joined: October 14th, 2019, 1:54 pm

Post by laughingcat302 » January 2nd, 2020, 7:37 pm

Rapunzelina wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 4:48 pm
laughingcat302 wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 7:23 am
Sorry, I completely forgot to post the amount of time and the chapter etc!

I appreciate the feedback on the noise reduction. Should I apply that to the entire recording and submit it again?

Natalie/ Violet Bleu
Since it's PL OK, I'd say leave it as is, but you can experiment with the Noise Reduction feature in future recordings, and see if it makes a difference or not.
Ok, thank you!!
Violet Bleu
"She believed she could, so she did"--R.S. Grey


Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18340
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » January 5th, 2020, 8:01 am


Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8143
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » January 7th, 2020, 1:26 am

Chapters 17-19 are PL OK! Very interesting chapters! Stopped at a cliff-hanger!

richardauty
Posts: 25
Joined: October 4th, 2019, 10:08 am
Location: Leicestershire England

Post by richardauty » January 9th, 2020, 10:24 am

Hi

Submitting sections 23,24,25 for pl.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/secretcity_23_walpole_128kb.mp3
13:31

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/secretcity_24_walpole_128kb.mp3
15:18

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/secretcity_25_walpole_128kb.mp3
9.23


I struggle to get an accurate 5 secs silence at the end. I measure using audacity but still manage to get it wrong sometimes. If there are any shortcuts or tips...?

Thanks

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18340
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » January 9th, 2020, 11:49 am

richardauty wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 10:24 am
Hi

Submitting sections 23,24,25 for pl.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/secretcity_23_walpole_128kb.mp3
13:31

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/secretcity_24_walpole_128kb.mp3
15:18

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/secretcity_25_walpole_128kb.mp3
9.23


I struggle to get an accurate 5 secs silence at the end. I measure using audacity but still manage to get it wrong sometimes. If there are any shortcuts or tips...?

Thanks
Thank you.
Close is good enough.

RitaBoutros
Posts: 531
Joined: June 30th, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: Florida

Post by RitaBoutros » January 10th, 2020, 6:43 am

I would like to claim the remaining chapters of Part II:

28 through 37
Thank you

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18340
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » January 10th, 2020, 8:49 am

RitaBoutros wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 6:43 am
I would like to claim the remaining chapters of Part II:

28 through 37
Thank you
Great!

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8143
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » January 10th, 2020, 2:16 pm

Sections 23-25 are PL OK! Intriguing content and reading!

RitaBoutros
Posts: 531
Joined: June 30th, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: Florida

Post by RitaBoutros » January 11th, 2020, 7:30 am


Post Reply