[COMPLETE] Manners and Rules of Good Society - Or, Solecisms to be Avoided - by a Member of the Aristocracy-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
schrm

Post by schrm »

good morning kevin,

wow you are fast!
thank you for your recording :-)
since we don't have a dpl, yet, i will pl it "until the weekend".

thank you so much kevin!
cheers,
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
schrm

Post by schrm »

Jmbau13 wrote: October 22nd, 2019, 7:26 pm I'd like to do sections 5, 6 and 32 please. I'll leave the others, they were just a brief dip into it.
hi Jane,

i'm so glad, that you really want to claim some chapters - a big thank you!

i will enter your claims asap!

cheers,
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
schrm

Post by schrm »

hi kevin,

and a big thank you!

pl 42 is ok!

that said, please allow me some remarks:
with pl-ing, it is always a difficult task: we are somehow bound to our languages and different cultures, i am mothertongue german, and we don't want to nerve our readers.
that is, where our rules come into the game, adding with years of best experience.
so, while standard pl is ok, i want to hint to:
- at the end of the intro, you dont need to read the chapternumber again - no harm done, but you don't have to!
- there are some clock ticks: 3:16 (this one i would edit, it sounds like a mouth noise), 7:3 and 12:15
- 9:12-9:16 (For a Daughter mourning for a Parent) the period of seclusion is six weeks : i understand 3 weeks
(which is no problem, since i want standard pl, only - but it changes the contents. then again: english is a foreign language for me, my ears are able to betray me :-D)

if you want to edit any of these, i will be happy to do the spot pl - if you dont want wo, i set it to pl ok, already!

i'm eager to listen to your other recordings...
so soothing, so pleasant to listen to - and perfect for the contents!
thank you kevin, once again!

cheers,
schrm
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

schrm wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 6:18 am
hi kevin,

and a big thank you!

pl 42 is ok!

that said, please allow me some remarks:
with pl-ing, it is always a difficult task: we are somehow bound to our languages and different cultures, i am mothertongue german, and we don't want to nerve our readers.
that is, where our rules come into the game, adding with years of best experience.
so, while standard pl is ok, i want to hint to:
- at the end of the intro, you dont need to read the chapternumber again - no harm done, but you don't have to!
- there are some clock ticks: 3:16 (this one i would edit, it sounds like a mouth noise), 7:3 and 12:15
- 9:12-9:16 (For a Daughter mourning for a Parent) the period of seclusion is six weeks : i understand 3 weeks
(which is no problem, since i want standard pl, only - but it changes the contents. then again: english is a foreign language for me, my ears are able to betray me :-D)

if you want to edit any of these, i will be happy to do the spot pl - if you dont want wo, i set it to pl ok, already!

i'm eager to listen to your other recordings...
so soothing, so pleasant to listen to - and perfect for the contents!
thank you kevin, once again!

cheers,
schrm
Excellent PL. I, too, want things right. (You remember, perhaps, that I was born in Germany. Hahaha!) I will make the corrections.
schrm

Post by schrm »

KevinS wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 6:31 am
Excellent PL. I, too, want things right. (You remember, perhaps, that I was born in Germany. Hahaha!) I will make the corrections.
thank you kevin, for getting it right :)

i'm looking forward to your recording!
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
Dwarika

Post by Dwarika »

Hi..
I would like to read Chapter # 29 and 30 .

Regards,
Dwarka.
schrm

Post by schrm »

Dwarika wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 10:18 am Hi..

Regards,
Dwarka.
Good morning Dwarika,

additionally to chapter 2, i assigned to you 29 and 30.
thank you for your claims, Dwarika :-D

(bc mode on:)
because you are rather new, and just to mention it: to give back a chapter is also possible, if you feel overwhelmed, face difficulties with time management and so on.
we even have the policy: no questions asked!
ok, maybe one question will be asked: can i help you?
please. never hesitate to ask or to to be honest! i gave back a chapter last week. it was my first time.. and it was like i described: no questions asked, but a thank you for making it clear in a (not so) timely manner.
(/bc mode off)

cheers,
schrm
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
Dwarika

Post by Dwarika »

Hi!!

I have uploaded the recording of Chapter 2 - of 30.12 sec duration for pl.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/mannersandrules_02_anon_128kb.mp3

Regards,
Dwarika
Dwarika

Post by Dwarika »

schrm wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 9:40 pm
Dwarika wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 10:18 am Hi..

Regards,
Dwarka.
Good morning Dwarika,

additionally to chapter 2, i assigned to you 29 and 30.
thank you for your claims, Dwarika :-D

(bc mode on:)
because you are rather new, and just to mention it: to give back a chapter is also possible, if you feel overwhelmed, face difficulties with time management and so on.
we even have the policy: no questions asked!
ok, maybe one question will be asked: can i help you?
please. never hesitate to ask or to to be honest! i gave back a chapter last week. it was my first time.. and it was like i described: no questions asked, but a thank you for making it clear in a (not so) timely manner.
(/bc mode off)

cheers,
schrm
Hi Schrm,

Thanks! and i appreciate the guidance and support.
yes i am new to this and with constuctive feedbacks from team i will be able to do my work well!
i have just uploaded chapter 2 recording and waiting for your remarks.... and yes if required i will ask for help. :)
so waiting for your remarks and feedback. :)

Thanks!
Dwarika.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Dwarika wrote: October 24th, 2019, 7:28 am
Hi Schrm,

Thanks! and i appreciate the guidance and support.
yes i am new to this and with constuctive feedbacks from team i will be able to do my work well!
i have just uploaded chapter 2 recording and waiting for your remarks.... and yes if required i will ask for help. :)
so waiting for your remarks and feedback. :)

Thanks!
Dwarika.
Hi. And welcome!

I thought I might step in and provide you with a very useful tool called the Checker program. It can be found here: https://cgjennings.ca/checker.html

This is what we use to check recordings to see if they meet the specifications for LibriVox. I use it all the time.

Your recent recording, for instance, is fine in terms of technical specs except that the volume is too low.

If you would like help in raising the volume, let me know and I will be happy to help. And schrm, of course, is very talented and will help, too. I have come to respect him a great deal.
schrm

Post by schrm »

Dwarika wrote: October 24th, 2019, 7:08 am Hi!!

I have uploaded the recording of Chapter 2 - of 30.12 sec duration for pl.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/mannersandrules_02_anon_128kb.mp3

Regards,
Dwarika
Hi Dwarika,

thank you for your recording - i will enter it asap! and thank you Kevin for checking the technical basics! i'm always glad to get help!

i will pl "until the weekend"... maybe tomorrow.
you don't have to amplify und reupload your file until then, because: should i have pl notes, you can correct them and amplify your file in one workflow.

cheers,
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

schrm, when I get my vision problem fixed, I will volunteer to serve as DPL for this project, if you will have me.
schrm

Post by schrm »

KevinS wrote: October 24th, 2019, 8:20 am schrm, when I get my vision problem fixed, I will volunteer to serve as DPL for this project, if you will have me.
uuh that would be perfect, kevin! i have a new job and am in the first weeks... i'm lacking the time, in parts.
gute besserung and please tell me, when you are ready for pling!

cheers,
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

schrm wrote: October 24th, 2019, 8:39 am
gute besserung

cheers,
Thank you!
schrm

Post by schrm »

@MaryAnn: Please grant KevinS access to the MW - he will be the DPL! Thank you!
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275