[group] The Laughing Bear by Bell - philc

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17278
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » December 3rd, 2019, 11:46 am

Thank you.
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
Blessed are the curious. For they shall have adventures .

Need Help? More sorta helpful Videos Here

KevinS
Posts: 5395
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » December 3rd, 2019, 11:59 am

lymiewithpurpose wrote:
November 1st, 2019, 7:09 pm
Nice reading. Although the story content and technical settings were fine, this is the last chapter of the book and the ending disclaimer "End of The Laughing Bear and other stories, by Robert Bloomer Hare Bell" needed to be recorded as well.
Here's the fix:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/laughingbear_07_bell_128kb.mp3

19:19
"E agora, José?"

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2136
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » December 3rd, 2019, 4:11 pm

Awesome recording, you have a great storytelling voice. I have a few notes, but most of them have to do with volume jumps/spikes:

0:22 – you forgot to say the name of the chapter (The Black Hus)

1:16 – heard ‘they’ instead of ‘he’ (although it may have been more of an adventure if the sons had fled)

1:30 – startling volume spike

3:20 – rather large volume jump

9:36 – large volume jump

15:57 – volume jump

19:06 – volume jump

20:55 – volume jump
Campbell
pronouns: they/them

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2136
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » December 3rd, 2019, 4:49 pm

KevinS wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 11:59 am
lymiewithpurpose wrote:
November 1st, 2019, 7:09 pm
Nice reading. Although the story content and technical settings were fine, this is the last chapter of the book and the ending disclaimer "End of The Laughing Bear and other stories, by Robert Bloomer Hare Bell" needed to be recorded as well.
Here's the fix:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/laughingbear_07_bell_128kb.mp3

19:19
Nice fix! Now this is PL OK (and another gruesome story is completed).
Campbell
pronouns: they/them

KevinS
Posts: 5395
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » December 3rd, 2019, 4:50 pm

lymiewithpurpose wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 4:49 pm

(and another gruesome story is completed).
You seem to have an eye for them.

Hahaha!
"E agora, José?"

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2136
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » December 3rd, 2019, 4:57 pm

KevinS wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 4:50 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 4:49 pm

(and another gruesome story is completed).
You seem to have an eye for them.

Hahaha!
Aww that's a good one. This author is a bit obsessed with eyes...
Campbell
pronouns: they/them

Kessie
Posts: 15
Joined: September 24th, 2019, 6:55 pm

Post by Kessie » December 4th, 2019, 9:42 pm

lymiewithpurpose wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 2:19 pm
Wow, quite the intense story. Every story makes me feel less and less like this is for kids. Anyways, here are my notes.

Intro: The main issue here is that you are missing the last line ‘The Laughing Bear and other stories, by Robert Bloomer Hare Bell’, which is the only part with the author in it. In addition, some smaller mentions would be that there was a bit of a long pause after the intro and before the text. In addition, if you wanted, you could edit out the ‘number’ in the initial ‘chapter number 6’ to just say ‘chapter 6’. Your call on the last two.

2:06 – stumble ‘w-about her’

4:15 – a few slight stumbles in this sentence, you may want to redo it

13:52 – slight stumble (b-hide)
Thank you for the notes! Hopefully these changes work well.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/laughingbear_06_bell_128kb.mp3

[18:10]
- Kessie

rpbrevard
Posts: 11
Joined: April 6th, 2019, 6:41 pm

Post by rpbrevard » December 5th, 2019, 9:32 am


philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17278
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » December 5th, 2019, 11:18 am

rpbrevard wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 9:32 am
Chapter 5 with corrections :thumbs:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/laughingbear_05_bell_128kb.mp3

23:41
Thanks. by the way, I am removing the 'children' from the summary. I think some of these stories are really appropriate for aduolts only. :shock:
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
Blessed are the curious. For they shall have adventures .

Need Help? More sorta helpful Videos Here

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2136
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » December 5th, 2019, 1:13 pm

Kessie wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 9:42 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 2:19 pm
Wow, quite the intense story. Every story makes me feel less and less like this is for kids. Anyways, here are my notes.

Intro: The main issue here is that you are missing the last line ‘The Laughing Bear and other stories, by Robert Bloomer Hare Bell’, which is the only part with the author in it. In addition, some smaller mentions would be that there was a bit of a long pause after the intro and before the text. In addition, if you wanted, you could edit out the ‘number’ in the initial ‘chapter number 6’ to just say ‘chapter 6’. Your call on the last two.

2:06 – stumble ‘w-about her’

4:15 – a few slight stumbles in this sentence, you may want to redo it

13:52 – slight stumble (b-hide)
Thank you for the notes! Hopefully these changes work well.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/laughingbear_06_bell_128kb.mp3

[18:10]
They did work well, which leads to the OK! Nice work.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2136
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » December 5th, 2019, 1:27 pm

rpbrevard wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 9:32 am
Chapter 5 with corrections :thumbs:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/laughingbear_05_bell_128kb.mp3

23:41
That was some impressive editing (especially the volume). PL OK!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2136
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » December 5th, 2019, 1:28 pm

philchenevert wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 11:18 am
rpbrevard wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 9:32 am
Chapter 5 with corrections :thumbs:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/laughingbear_05_bell_128kb.mp3

23:41
Thanks. by the way, I am removing the 'children' from the summary. I think some of these stories are really appropriate for aduolts only. :shock:
Very smart. I can't help wondering if the author really intended this for kids. I am genuinely curious what the target audience is.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them

Post Reply