[group] The Laughing Bear by Bell - philc

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17301
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » November 3rd, 2019, 5:09 am

Yes. (little shudder). I think they are indeed a bit dark and the eye fixation is strange. Oh well, times have changed I guess. :roll: :roll:
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
Blessed are the curious. For they shall have adventures .

Need Help? More sorta helpful Videos Here

erieston
Posts: 75
Joined: October 5th, 2019, 4:53 am
Location: Italy
Contact:

Post by erieston » November 3rd, 2019, 12:08 pm

Here is The Gray Witch (Section 02) ready for PL :D Such an interesting story to read :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/laughingbear_02_bell_128kb.mp3 [Runtime - 22:12]
If a Deaf person swears, does his mother wash his hands with soap? :lol:

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17301
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » November 3rd, 2019, 1:51 pm

erieston wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 12:08 pm
Here is The Gray Witch (Section 02) ready for PL :D Such an interesting story to read :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/laughingbear_02_bell_128kb.mp3 [Runtime - 22:12]
Thank you.
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
Blessed are the curious. For they shall have adventures .

Need Help? More sorta helpful Videos Here

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2157
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » November 3rd, 2019, 5:10 pm

erieston wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 12:08 pm
Here is The Gray Witch (Section 02) ready for PL :D Such an interesting story to read :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/laughingbear_02_bell_128kb.mp3 [Runtime - 22:12]
It was quite interesting. It reminded me a bit of Pinocchio. Overall, very nicely read. I only have one small note:
6:36 – heard ‘their’ instead of ‘her’, which could cause confusion

This is my first PL job in a while, so I am a little rusty. It may be that this is too minor of a note. If it is, someone please let me know. I let pass little deviances that didn't change anything (as this is standard PL) but sometimes forget where the line is.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17301
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » November 3rd, 2019, 7:53 pm

This is my first PL job in a while, so I am a little rusty. It may be that this is too minor of a note. If it is, someone please let me know. I let pass little deviances that didn't change anything (as this is standard PL) but sometimes forget where the line is.
Sounds like this falls into the realm of changing the meaning and so it is something that needs to be corrected. Good call.
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
Blessed are the curious. For they shall have adventures .

Need Help? More sorta helpful Videos Here

erieston
Posts: 75
Joined: October 5th, 2019, 4:53 am
Location: Italy
Contact:

Post by erieston » November 4th, 2019, 9:19 am

lymiewithpurpose wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 5:10 pm
erieston wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 12:08 pm
Here is The Gray Witch (Section 02) ready for PL :D Such an interesting story to read :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/laughingbear_02_bell_128kb.mp3 [Runtime - 22:12]
It was quite interesting. It reminded me a bit of Pinocchio. Overall, very nicely read. I only have one small note:
6:36 – heard ‘their’ instead of ‘her’, which could cause confusion

This is my first PL job in a while, so I am a little rusty. It may be that this is too minor of a note. If it is, someone please let me know. I let pass little deviances that didn't change anything (as this is standard PL) but sometimes forget where the line is.
Thank you for catching that! I didn't even notice that I had stumbled there; here is the fixed audio (time is still 22:12) -


https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/laughingbear_02_bell_128kb.mp3
If a Deaf person swears, does his mother wash his hands with soap? :lol:

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2157
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » November 4th, 2019, 1:17 pm

erieston wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 9:19 am
lymiewithpurpose wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 5:10 pm
erieston wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 12:08 pm
Here is The Gray Witch (Section 02) ready for PL :D Such an interesting story to read :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/laughingbear_02_bell_128kb.mp3 [Runtime - 22:12]
It was quite interesting. It reminded me a bit of Pinocchio. Overall, very nicely read. I only have one small note:
6:36 – heard ‘their’ instead of ‘her’, which could cause confusion

This is my first PL job in a while, so I am a little rusty. It may be that this is too minor of a note. If it is, someone please let me know. I let pass little deviances that didn't change anything (as this is standard PL) but sometimes forget where the line is.
Thank you for catching that! I didn't even notice that I had stumbled there; here is the fixed audio (time is still 22:12) -


https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/laughingbear_02_bell_128kb.mp3
Now it is OK! Isn't it funny that we can miss things, and then as soon as the PL catches it, notice it clearly? It happens to me all the time.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them

Eitel
Posts: 9
Joined: April 11th, 2017, 7:42 pm
Location: Australia

Post by Eitel » November 13th, 2019, 4:16 am

Hi Phil, I've had to re-do the test as my laptop is out of action am trying garage band for the first time. look forward to hearing from you.
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/test_eitel.mp3

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17301
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » November 13th, 2019, 9:06 am

Eitel wrote:
November 13th, 2019, 4:16 am
Hi Phil, I've had to re-do the test as my laptop is out of action am trying garage band for the first time. look forward to hearing from you.
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/test_eitel.mp3
Good thing you checked. it is in stereo, we need it in mono and your volume is a bit too loud now, at about 95 dB try to reduce it by 4 dB or so.
I don't know how to do either of t hese in garage band but it should not bee too hard.
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
Blessed are the curious. For they shall have adventures .

Need Help? More sorta helpful Videos Here

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17301
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » November 22nd, 2019, 8:16 am

Eitel wrote:
October 25th, 2019, 8:58 pm
So this is my first time...gotta start somewhere I guess
Section 1 please
Great Etel. I apologize for the delay in responding. You are down as readin chapter 1.
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
Blessed are the curious. For they shall have adventures .

Need Help? More sorta helpful Videos Here

Kessie
Posts: 15
Joined: September 24th, 2019, 6:55 pm

Post by Kessie » November 22nd, 2019, 7:22 pm

Chapter 6 is ready for PL! As others have mentioned, these stories are not what I expected.

[18:05] https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/laughingbear_06_bell_128kb.mp3
- Kessie

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17301
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » November 22nd, 2019, 8:20 pm

Kessie wrote:
November 22nd, 2019, 7:22 pm
Chapter 6 is ready for PL! As others have mentioned, these stories are not what I expected.

[18:05] https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/laughingbear_06_bell_128kb.mp3
Thank you Kessie. :thumbs:
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
Blessed are the curious. For they shall have adventures .

Need Help? More sorta helpful Videos Here

Eitel
Posts: 9
Joined: April 11th, 2017, 7:42 pm
Location: Australia

Post by Eitel » November 23rd, 2019, 3:13 am

philchenevert wrote:
November 22nd, 2019, 8:16 am
Eitel wrote:
October 25th, 2019, 8:58 pm
So this is my first time...gotta start somewhere I guess
Section 1 please
Great Etel. I apologize for the delay in responding. You are down as readin chapter 1.
Sure thing. I have the first draft done but my computer is playing up, I'll have it to you pretty soon...I hope.

lymiewithpurpose
Posts: 2157
Joined: January 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm

Post by lymiewithpurpose » November 23rd, 2019, 2:19 pm

Wow, quite the intense story. Every story makes me feel less and less like this is for kids. Anyways, here are my notes.

Intro: The main issue here is that you are missing the last line ‘The Laughing Bear and other stories, by Robert Bloomer Hare Bell’, which is the only part with the author in it. In addition, some smaller mentions would be that there was a bit of a long pause after the intro and before the text. In addition, if you wanted, you could edit out the ‘number’ in the initial ‘chapter number 6’ to just say ‘chapter 6’. Your call on the last two.

2:06 – stumble ‘w-about her’

4:15 – a few slight stumbles in this sentence, you may want to redo it

13:52 – slight stumble (b-hide)
Campbell
pronouns: they/them

rpbrevard
Posts: 11
Joined: April 6th, 2019, 6:41 pm

Post by rpbrevard » December 3rd, 2019, 10:07 am


Post Reply