[MEMOIR] Summer on the Lakes, in 1843 by Margaret Fuller - philc

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
KevinS
Posts: 6060
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » December 29th, 2019, 3:19 pm

Ciufi wrote:
December 29th, 2019, 2:42 pm
Wow, thanks! :D
Here is section 7, weighing in at a hefty 1:00:34:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/summeronthelakesin1843_07_fuller_128kb.mp3
Thank you! I'm excited to hear it.

I've been busy with things I knew I could finish before the new year, but now I can return to Fuller!

RSlabaugh
Posts: 707
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » January 2nd, 2020, 8:38 am

Ciufi wrote:
December 29th, 2019, 2:42 pm
Wow, thanks! :D
Here is section 7, weighing in at a hefty 1:00:34:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/summeronthelakesin1843_07_fuller_128kb.mp3
PL OK :clap:

Wow! That was a long one! Great work!
~Rosebud

My DPL List

KevinS
Posts: 6060
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 2nd, 2020, 8:42 am

RSlabaugh wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 8:38 am
Ciufi wrote:
December 29th, 2019, 2:42 pm
Wow, thanks! :D
Here is section 7, weighing in at a hefty 1:00:34:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/summeronthelakesin1843_07_fuller_128kb.mp3
PL OK :clap:

Wow! That was a long one! Great work!
Thank you for the PL!

Ciufi
Posts: 573
Joined: December 26th, 2016, 5:06 pm
Location: Rohnert Park, California

Post by Ciufi » January 5th, 2020, 2:38 pm


KevinS
Posts: 6060
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 5th, 2020, 3:15 pm

Ciufi wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 2:38 pm
Okay, here's section 8, at 1:00:19:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/summeronthelakesin1843_08_fuller_128kb.mp3
Thank you! You are the reader superhero!

RSlabaugh
Posts: 707
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » January 9th, 2020, 4:41 pm

Ciufi wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 2:38 pm
Okay, here's section 8, at 1:00:19:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/summeronthelakesin1843_08_fuller_128kb.mp3
PL OK :clap:

Another lengthy one! Plenty of chances for mistakes that aren't there. :wink:
~Rosebud

My DPL List

KevinS
Posts: 6060
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 9th, 2020, 4:43 pm

RSlabaugh wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 4:41 pm
Ciufi wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 2:38 pm
Okay, here's section 8, at 1:00:19:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/summeronthelakesin1843_08_fuller_128kb.mp3
PL OK :clap:

Another lengthy one! Plenty of chances for mistakes that aren't there. :wink:
BOTH of you are my heroes!

KevinS
Posts: 6060
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » February 10th, 2020, 6:23 pm

Section 4 has been orphaned.

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 44319
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » Yesterday, 6:16 pm

You keep helping me out on my projects; I'll help you out on this one and take chapter 4.

[Note to self: ch starts on pg 70]
Mystery stories: The Master of Mysteries
Kerner Report on 1967 race riots: LINK
Mussolini's speeches thru 1923: LINK
The Medici family history: LINK

KevinS
Posts: 6060
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » Yesterday, 6:44 pm

TriciaG wrote:
Yesterday, 6:16 pm
You keep helping me out on my projects; I'll help you out on this one and take chapter 4.

[Note to self: ch starts on pg 70]
Wonderful! Thank you!

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 44319
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » Today, 2:34 pm

Holy guacamole, that was hard to read! And long. :shock: My raw recording is 1:24:59. It will probably edit down to under 1:12:00, but crikey, that was a long one!

Parts of it, I definitely sound stilted and unnatural. Her writing style is difficult to read aloud, such long, convoluted sentences. :roll:

Enough griping. I've got it recorded; I'll edit it over the next day or two, and you should have it, hopefully, before Sunday evening.
Mystery stories: The Master of Mysteries
Kerner Report on 1967 race riots: LINK
Mussolini's speeches thru 1923: LINK
The Medici family history: LINK

KevinS
Posts: 6060
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » Today, 2:55 pm

TriciaG wrote:
Today, 2:34 pm
Holy guacamole, that was hard to read! And long. :shock: My raw recording is 1:24:59. It will probably edit down to under 1:12:00, but crikey, that was a long one!

Parts of it, I definitely sound stilted and unnatural. Her writing style is difficult to read aloud, such long, convoluted sentences. :roll:

Enough griping. I've got it recorded; I'll edit it over the next day or two, and you should have it, hopefully, before Sunday evening.
Yes, she writes in a unique style that is hard to describe. I am SO grateful, however, that you've gone forward with it.

I now have the strength of heart to finish my part!

Post Reply