[COMPLETE] Sasha, by Aleksandr Kuprin - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
KevinS
Posts: 8964
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » October 6th, 2019, 3:43 pm

bluechien wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 3:38 pm
What a project!

Can I claim section 8, allez?

It'll take me a while, I'm a slow recorder. But it's wonderful.
Haha! You have two months, at least.

Welcome to this project! You're in for Section 8!
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

KevinS
Posts: 8964
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » October 6th, 2019, 4:42 pm

What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

NemoR
Posts: 2520
Joined: February 27th, 2017, 1:48 pm
Location: The Present

Post by NemoR » October 6th, 2019, 7:55 pm

KevinS wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 4:42 pm
Preface

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/sasha_00_kuprin_128kb.mp3

4:24
Preface is PL OK!
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."

KevinS
Posts: 8964
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » October 6th, 2019, 7:59 pm

NemoR wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 7:55 pm
KevinS wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 4:42 pm
Preface

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/sasha_00_kuprin_128kb.mp3

4:24
Preface is PL OK!
Thank you! I punted with a name or two!
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

NemoR
Posts: 2520
Joined: February 27th, 2017, 1:48 pm
Location: The Present

Post by NemoR » October 6th, 2019, 8:18 pm

KevinS wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 3:25 pm
Section 2 uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/sasha_02_kuprin_128kb.mp3

21:57
Very, very nice reading of a beautifully written story Kevin ... well done!

One very little picky note ... at the very end, where it should be said "End of (Section)", which is usually the name of the section, you said instead "End of Section Two"

I'll leave it to you whether you want to change that or not.
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."

KevinS
Posts: 8964
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » October 6th, 2019, 8:25 pm

NemoR wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 8:18 pm
KevinS wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 3:25 pm
Section 2 uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/sasha_02_kuprin_128kb.mp3

21:57
Very, very nice reading of a beautifully written story Kevin ... well done!

One very little picky note ... at the very end, where it should be said "End of (Section)", which is usually the name of the section, you said instead "End of Section Two"

I'll leave it to you whether you want to change that or not.
Thank you very much. I loved the story.

As for the close, the template is not all that specific, is it? I never seem to know what to do!

I'm going to mark the section as PL OK but will make the change tomorrow or soonest. I don't think there is a need to check on it, but you certainly may.

Thank you again!
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 47803
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » October 7th, 2019, 2:11 am

It probably should be "End of section [number]". That is most typical, and helps the listener know they're listening in order when they hear "End of Section 2", followed by "Section 3 of..." in the next file.
Mystery/PulpFic: Dope, by Sax Rohmer
The one that started them all: Self-Help, by Samuel Smiles
Elizabethan Poetry: The Psalmes of David
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5
Short essays: Elia, and The Last Essays of Elia

KevinS
Posts: 8964
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » October 7th, 2019, 6:11 am

TriciaG wrote:
October 7th, 2019, 2:11 am
It probably should be "End of section [number]". That is most typical, and helps the listener know they're listening in order when they hear "End of Section 2", followed by "Section 3 of..." in the next file.
Thank you! Will do.

Go. On. Vacation! (Though I hope you've assigned someone to watch me for feats of stupidity.)
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

Jkhoriaty
Posts: 38
Joined: July 3rd, 2018, 5:31 pm

Post by Jkhoriaty » October 7th, 2019, 6:05 pm

Can I read 4 (Autumn Flowers)?
they/them pronouns

KevinS
Posts: 8964
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » October 8th, 2019, 9:43 am

Jkhoriaty wrote:
October 7th, 2019, 6:05 pm
Can I read 4 (Autumn Flowers)?
Yes, please do. I'll assign you. Thank you!
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

NemoR
Posts: 2520
Joined: February 27th, 2017, 1:48 pm
Location: The Present

Post by NemoR » October 10th, 2019, 6:10 pm

Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."

Richcoward
Posts: 8
Joined: October 2nd, 2019, 8:06 am

Post by Richcoward » October 10th, 2019, 6:12 pm

Love this,
Can I claim 01. Sasha?
And happy to PL a section if needed

KevinS
Posts: 8964
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » October 10th, 2019, 7:22 pm

NemoR wrote:
October 10th, 2019, 6:10 pm
Section 6 for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/sasha_06_kuprin_128kb.mp3 6:13
Thank you! Anxious to have a listen tomorrow!
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

KevinS
Posts: 8964
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » October 10th, 2019, 7:25 pm

Richcoward wrote:
October 10th, 2019, 6:12 pm
Love this,
Can I claim 01. Sasha?
And happy to PL a section if needed
Section 1 is yours!

And thank you for the PL offer. I'm fine right now, but may call for your assistance at a later time. Very nice of you to offer!

An admin must enter you in the system before I can assign you, but I have reserved your place. I think the admin will ask for your 'reader name.' I'm afraid I don't know how that works. I assume it can be given name or nearly anything else.
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 47803
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » October 11th, 2019, 9:03 am

An admin must enter you in the system before I can assign you, but I have reserved your place. I think the admin will ask for your 'reader name.' I'm afraid I don't know how that works. I assume it can be given name or nearly anything else.
BCs can enter new readers (click the Add Reader button when you're logged into the MW). Only admins can change reader info once a reader has been added.
Mystery/PulpFic: Dope, by Sax Rohmer
The one that started them all: Self-Help, by Samuel Smiles
Elizabethan Poetry: The Psalmes of David
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5
Short essays: Elia, and The Last Essays of Elia

Post Reply