[Grp/Detective] Call Mr. Fortune by H.C. Bailey - lt

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
dlantz
Posts: 13
Joined: June 15th, 2018, 9:00 pm

Post by dlantz » May 12th, 2020, 5:51 pm

I'm very sorry that I wasn't able to finish my assigned part, "The Business Minister, Parts I and II", in time. Two extra sections of my course were dropped into my lap just as all instruction when online, so I fell behind. I'm glad someone was able to take up the slack. I'll try to find something else to do. Again, my apologies.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19383
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 12th, 2020, 7:39 pm

dlantz wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 5:51 pm
I'm very sorry that I wasn't able to finish my assigned part, "The Business Minister, Parts I and II", in time. Two extra sections of my course were dropped into my lap just as all instruction when online, so I fell behind. I'm glad someone was able to take up the slack. I'll try to find something else to do. Again, my apologies.
Life happens, but it does help if you can give us a heads up.

TomHersant
Posts: 131
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 12:48 am
Location: Carlsbad, CA

Post by TomHersant » May 17th, 2020, 10:02 pm

Greetings from the
house
home front. Here is Chapter 06, all 35m12s worth: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/callmrfortune_06_bailey_128kb.mp3 Tommy

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19383
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 18th, 2020, 8:03 am

TomHersant wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 10:02 pm
Greetings from the
house
home front. Here is Chapter 06, all 35m12s worth: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/callmrfortune_06_bailey_128kb.mp3 Tommy
Thank you

RSlabaugh
Posts: 972
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » May 19th, 2020, 5:34 pm

Lynne, would you mind checking into the intro discrepancies especially of section 7, or clarify what you were expecting for the last two sections? I decided to check again what was wrong with 7, and think there may have been some confusion as to chapter number. Section 8 has “Chapter 8” for the intro, which doesn’t seem quite right to me now that I’m comparing, but I had given a PL OK back when. Anyways, I'll let you make the call on that, and I'll try to get 6 PLed soon as well.

Thanks!
~Rosebud

My DPL List

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19383
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 20th, 2020, 6:38 am

RSlabaugh wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 5:34 pm
Lynne, would you mind checking into the intro discrepancies especially of section 7, or clarify what you were expecting for the last two sections? I decided to check again what was wrong with 7, and think there may have been some confusion as to chapter number. Section 8 has “Chapter 8” for the intro, which doesn’t seem quite right to me now that I’m comparing, but I had given a PL OK back when. Anyways, I'll let you make the call on that, and I'll try to get 6 PLed soon as well.

Thanks!
I would say the intro to section 7 is fine.
For section 8, it is incorrect... it is section 8, not chapter 8 (it is chapter 6 part 3). It seems the reader only says it at the beginning, so if necessary, it can just be cut out. I notice at the end the reader does not say 'end of section 8' but just the end of the book... not a huge deal, but it would be better with it added.

RSlabaugh
Posts: 972
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » May 20th, 2020, 7:39 am

OK thanks! So mark 7 PL OK and see about getting the other fixed up? It appears that Micfairy252 hasn't been online the last while, but that could simply indicate being busier again. I can let her know, and we can go from there, unless you propose something different.
~Rosebud

My DPL List

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19383
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 20th, 2020, 7:54 am

RSlabaugh wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 7:39 am
OK thanks! So mark 7 PL OK and see about getting the other fixed up? It appears that Micfairy252 hasn't been online the last while, but that could simply indicate being busier again. I can let her know, and we can go from there, unless you propose something different.
Sounds good.

RSlabaugh
Posts: 972
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » May 20th, 2020, 8:43 am

TomHersant wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 10:02 pm
Greetings from the
house
home front. Here is Chapter 06, all 35m12s worth: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/callmrfortune_06_bailey_128kb.mp3 Tommy
PL OK :)

You made me feel as if I sat among them and could watch each speaker. :thumbs:
~Rosebud

My DPL List

RSlabaugh
Posts: 972
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » May 20th, 2020, 8:45 am

Micfairy252 wrote:
February 15th, 2020, 2:21 pm
Hello, hope you're doing well!

I'm very sorry to not have caught this sooner, but both the intro and outro to Section 8 are incorrect.
*In the intro, you have "Chapter 8", while it should be 'chapter 6, part 3'.
*The second occurrence in the intro should say 'chapter 6, phase 5'.
*In the outro you have "end of chapter 8", which should be changed to 'end of chapter 6'.

Please let me know when you get this message, and if you feel able to make the corrections. And if you have questions, feel free to ask!

Thanks,
~Rosebud

My DPL List

Post Reply