[CHILDREN] Little Jack Rabbit and Chippy Chipmunk by David Cory - dlo

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
silverquill
Posts: 10289
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » August 12th, 2019, 11:17 am

Pinklady77 wrote:
August 12th, 2019, 9:12 am
Good Afternoon,

Here are my corrected recordings.
Chapter 4, duration: 3:18
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/jackandchippy_04_cory_128kb.mp3

Chapter 28, duration: 2:28
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/jackandcippy_28_cory_128kb.mp3

Chapter 29, duration: 3:31- made noise reduction and amplified sound. Also, cut off time in front and added a few seconds to the end of the recording.
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/jackandchippy_29_cory_128kb.mp3

Thank you for your help.
Lola Janie
Thank you!
MW updated.

Pinklady77
Posts: 95
Joined: June 30th, 2019, 5:04 pm

Post by Pinklady77 » August 12th, 2019, 5:58 pm

Hello LV Team,

If my parts are good Id like to read chapter 16, 17, 18 & 19. I really like this book.
Lola J

silverquill
Posts: 10289
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » August 12th, 2019, 8:36 pm

Pinklady77 wrote:
August 12th, 2019, 5:58 pm
Hello LV Team,

If my parts are good Id like to read chapter 16, 17, 18 & 19. I really like this book.
Lola J
Your reading seems to be fine, although I'll let our DPL give you the official report.
You do still have some tech issues with volume.

29 is just above our lower limit of 86 dB at 86.4 dB, but I'll mark it PL OK
04 will need amplification, coming in at only 85 dB
28 has an incorrect file name (left out "h" in "chippy"

But, you'll get the hang of this soon, so I'll go ahead and assign you the above sections with pleasure. :D

Pinklady77
Posts: 95
Joined: June 30th, 2019, 5:04 pm

Post by Pinklady77 » August 13th, 2019, 6:47 am

Hello,

I dont know why it shows so low. I used the checker and I got almost 90db on each of them.
I'll make the changes and resubmit those. And fix the 'h'.

Thank you

JenMcKeown
Posts: 22
Joined: April 15th, 2019, 11:19 am

Post by JenMcKeown » August 13th, 2019, 5:12 pm

Hi,

Can i claim Chapter 6 Granddaddy Bullfrog and Chapter 22 More Adventure

Thanks,
Jen

ryfink
Posts: 32
Joined: March 21st, 2016, 2:41 pm

Post by ryfink » August 13th, 2019, 6:43 pm

Hi! Here is my recording:

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/jackandchippy_02_cory_128kb.mp3

Duration: 4 min., 25 sec.

I am in the catalogue as "Ryan Fink" (my catalogue name was recently changed so I wanted to not it here just to be sure.

Quick note for the MC: Your forum name in the project instructions differs from the name on the uploader page. Maybe it was just different on my browser? :hmm:

I also have general Librivox question, hopefully someone can answer this: I bookmarked this topic. Is there a quick way to view all bookmarked topics (besides in the settings menu)?

I'll get my other chapter done soon.





Thank you!!!

Image

RSlabaugh
Posts: 102
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » August 13th, 2019, 8:47 pm

Pinklady77 wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 6:47 am
Hello,

I dont know why it shows so low. I used the checker and I got almost 90db on each of them.
I'll make the changes and resubmit those. And fix the 'h'.

Thank you
I got the same results with checker as Larry did. But other than making those changes, your files are PL OK. :thumbs: I enjoyed listening and am happy you’re doing more! :-)
And Larry, if you have time to run the files through checker when Lola gets back with them, I’ll be happy to let you take care of that and mark them PL OK.
Thanks!
~Rosebud

silverquill
Posts: 10289
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » August 13th, 2019, 10:01 pm

JenMcKeown wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 5:12 pm
Hi,

Can i claim Chapter 6 Granddaddy Bullfrog and Chapter 22 More Adventure

Thanks,
Jen
Yes you may, with pleasure!

dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 4322
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 12:13 pm

Post by dlolso21 » August 13th, 2019, 10:11 pm

ryfink wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 6:43 pm

I am in the catalogue as "Ryan Fink" (my catalogue name was recently changed so I wanted to not it here just to be sure.

Quick note for the MC: Your forum name in the project instructions differs from the name on the uploader page. Maybe it was just different on my browser? :hmm:

I also have general Librivox question, hopefully someone can answer this: I bookmarked this topic. Is there a quick way to view all bookmarked topics (besides in the settings...
Ryan,

That display name change alters every LibriVox catalog page where you name appears. It only takes a few minutes to catch all the existing pages and will be there for future projects.

The MC name for the folder was a typo on my part. Thank you for pointing it out; it is now corrected.

I don’t use bookmarks, I prefer subscribing to topics. I also periodically check my reader page. What are you trying to track?

David O

silverquill
Posts: 10289
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » August 13th, 2019, 10:14 pm

ryfink wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Hi! Here is my recording:

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/jackandchippy_02_cory_128kb.mp3

Duration: 4 min., 25 sec.
Thank you!
In the MW Ready for PL
ryfink wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 6:43 pm

Quick note for the MC: Your forum name in the project instructions differs from the name on the uploader page. Maybe it was just different on my browser? :hmm:
Really? They all look the same to me. What are you seeing.
It is true that some will be different if the forum name has upper case in it, because the files must all be in lowercase.
ryfink wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 6:43 pm
I also have general Librivox question, hopefully someone can answer this: I bookmarked this topic. Is there a quick way to view all bookmarked topics (besides in the settings menu)?
I also use bookmarks to follow my projects, and here is what I do.
Click on my screen name in the upper right corner of any forum page and choose User Control Panel from the drop-down menu, and then choose Manage Bookmarks. That brings up all threads bookmarked with the ones with most recent activity at the top.

silverquill
Posts: 10289
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » August 13th, 2019, 10:16 pm

Looks as if David and I replied at the same time, which is why I didn't see any difference. :lol:

dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 4322
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 12:13 pm

Post by dlolso21 » August 13th, 2019, 11:55 pm

silverquill wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 10:16 pm
Looks as if David and I replied at the same time, which is why I didn't see any difference. :lol:
Larry,

You must have seen the correction, I had typoed it as dlolao21 not dlolso21.

David O

RSlabaugh
Posts: 102
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » August 14th, 2019, 7:02 am

ryfink wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Hi! Here is my recording:

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/jackandchippy_02_cory_128kb.mp3

Duration: 4 min., 25 sec.
Section 2 PL notes:
Intro ~0:26 should say simply "Dr. Heron" ('chapter' can be cut)
4:09 Outro should be "End of chapter 2" followed by ~5 seconds of silence. (No need for book title and author or chapter name. There are ~9 seconds of silence.)
And your volume needs a boost. Checker found it at 84.7 dB.

The story itself is well read and enjoyable to listen to! Thank you!
~Rosebud

Pinklady77
Posts: 95
Joined: June 30th, 2019, 5:04 pm

Post by Pinklady77 » August 14th, 2019, 8:17 am


ryfink
Posts: 32
Joined: March 21st, 2016, 2:41 pm

Post by ryfink » August 14th, 2019, 2:02 pm

RSlabaugh wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 7:02 am
ryfink wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Hi! Here is my recording:

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/jackandchippy_02_cory_128kb.mp3

Duration: 4 min., 25 sec.
Section 2 PL notes:
Intro ~0:26 should say simply "Dr. Heron" ('chapter' can be cut)
4:09 Outro should be "End of chapter 2" followed by ~5 seconds of silence. (No need for book title and author or chapter name. There are ~9 seconds of silence.)
And your volume needs a boost. Checker found it at 84.7 dB.

The story itself is well read and enjoyable to listen to! Thank you!
Hi. I've never had to edit tracks before, so I'm unfamiliar with the process. Do I need to do it, or does someone else do it? Thanks!

Post Reply