[WAR/ENGINEERING] The Stratagems; The Aqueducts of Rome by Frontinus - leni

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Post Reply
MFD32
Posts: 46
Joined: May 4th, 2014, 11:41 am

Post by MFD32 » May 28th, 2020, 1:08 pm

Jmbau13 wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 10:26 pm

Thanks Mark. Nicely read again, but just 2 things requiring attention.

0:25s At the beginning, the proper title of this section is The Strategems, Book II, part IV), and not (as read) 'The Aqueducts...' (There's also a Book II, part IV in the Aqueducts, which would make for confusion)

Your end silence is rather too long at almost 8 secs. Could you cut it down and make it 5 secs instead, please? A bit over is fine, but nearly 8 is not.
I'll PL your other section in the next couple of days.

Newly uploaded:

Section 9 (13:48)
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/stratagemsaqueducts_09_frontinus_128kb.mp3


Section 10 (15:27)
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/stratagemsaqueducts_10_frontinus_128kb.mp3


Fixed the intro on both, and shortened silence at end of 9.

-Mark-

MFD32
Posts: 46
Joined: May 4th, 2014, 11:41 am

Post by MFD32 » May 28th, 2020, 3:15 pm


Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12390
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » May 28th, 2020, 4:53 pm

Thanks much, Mark!
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only THREE sections to go! :D

Jmbau13
Posts: 688
Joined: June 10th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Post by Jmbau13 » May 28th, 2020, 10:56 pm

MFD32 wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 1:08 pm
Jmbau13 wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 10:26 pm

Thanks Mark. Nicely read again, but just 2 things requiring attention.

0:25s At the beginning, the proper title of this section is The Strategems, Book II, part IV), and not (as read) 'The Aqueducts...' (There's also a Book II, part IV in the Aqueducts, which would make for confusion)

Your end silence is rather too long at almost 8 secs. Could you cut it down and make it 5 secs instead, please? A bit over is fine, but nearly 8 is not.
I'll PL your other section in the next couple of days.

Newly uploaded:

Section 9 (13:48)
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/stratagemsaqueducts_09_frontinus_128kb.mp3


Section 10 (15:27)
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/stratagemsaqueducts_10_frontinus_128kb.mp3


Fixed the intro on both, and shortened silence at end of 9.

-Mark-
Are we talking about different things? I've listened to the Intro on both, and the same error of Section Title still appears in both of them. eg, in Section 10, ~ 0:25.5 you say The Aqueducts of Rome, Book 2, Part V", whereas it should be The Stratagems Book II, Part V, just as it appears in the Magic Window column. These sections have nothing whatsoever to do with Aqueducts.
Section 10 is otherwise fine.
regards
Jane Bennett

MFD32
Posts: 46
Joined: May 4th, 2014, 11:41 am

Post by MFD32 » May 29th, 2020, 6:47 am

Jmbau13 wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 10:56 pm

Are we talking about different things? I've listened to the Intro on both, and the same error of Section Title still appears in both of them. eg, in Section 10, ~ 0:25.5 you say The Aqueducts of Rome, Book 2, Part V", whereas it should be The Stratagems Book II, Part V, just as it appears in the Magic Window column. These sections have nothing whatsoever to do with Aqueducts.
Section 10 is otherwise fine.
I was reading directly from the instructions, which say " "The Stratagems and The Aqueducts of Rome, by Frontinus. Translated by Charles Bennett. [Name of work]. Book [number]. Part [number]" For example: "The Stratagems and The Aqueducts of Rome, by Frontinus. Translated by Charles Bennett. The Aqueducts of Rome. Book 2. Part 1."

I see what you're talking about now. This means all the other readings I've done here have the same error.

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12390
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » May 29th, 2020, 9:20 am

I see now too. That was just an example, and I used the Aqueducts as an example, but your sections are from the Stratagems. I am sorry it became confusing :(
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only THREE sections to go! :D

MFD32
Posts: 46
Joined: May 4th, 2014, 11:41 am

Post by MFD32 » May 29th, 2020, 11:44 am

Leni wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 9:20 am
I see now too. That was just an example, and I used the Aqueducts as an example, but your sections are from the Stratagems. I am sorry it became confusing :(
These are all fixed and re-ready.

Sec 6
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/stratagemsaqueducts_06_frontinus_128kb.mp3 (15:17)

Sec 7
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/stratagemsaqueducts_07_frontinus_128kb.mp3 (22:55)

Sec 9
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/stratagemsaqueducts_09_frontinus_128kb.mp3 (13:47)

Sec 10
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/stratagemsaqueducts_10_frontinus_128kb.mp3 (15:26)

Sec 12
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/stratagemsaqueducts_12_frontinus_128kb.mp3 (18:59)

Sec 13
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/stratagemsaqueducts_13_frontinus_128kb.mp3 (14:54)


-mark-

Jmbau13
Posts: 688
Joined: June 10th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Post by Jmbau13 » May 30th, 2020, 9:20 pm

MFD32 wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 11:44 am
Leni wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 9:20 am
I see now too. That was just an example, and I used the Aqueducts as an example, but your sections are from the Stratagems. I am sorry it became confusing :(
These are all fixed and re-ready.

Sec 6
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/stratagemsaqueducts_06_frontinus_128kb.mp3 (15:17)

Sec 7
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/stratagemsaqueducts_07_frontinus_128kb.mp3 (22:55)

Sec 9
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/stratagemsaqueducts_09_frontinus_128kb.mp3 (13:47)

Sec 10
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/stratagemsaqueducts_10_frontinus_128kb.mp3 (15:26)

Sec 12
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/stratagemsaqueducts_12_frontinus_128kb.mp3 (18:59)

Sec 13
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/stratagemsaqueducts_13_frontinus_128kb.mp3 (14:54)


-mark-
Thank you so very much for rectifying all of these Mark, I really appreciate it and apologise very much that I missed this issue earlier. I've rechecked 6, 7 and 9, and they are all PL OK now.
The other 3 sections (10 - 13) uploaded, I will recheck over the coming few days.

Leni, note I also went back and checked the other Stratagems readings already marked as PL OK - none have it, which is great.
Again, sorry Mark. Your readings are great and usually require very little in the way of PL, which is always much appreciated.
regards
Jane Bennett

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12390
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » May 31st, 2020, 9:24 am

Thanks, Jane!
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only THREE sections to go! :D

MFD32
Posts: 46
Joined: May 4th, 2014, 11:41 am

Post by MFD32 » May 31st, 2020, 3:11 pm


Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12390
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » May 31st, 2020, 6:05 pm

MFD32 wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 3:11 pm
Section 14 ready.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/stratagemsaqueducts_14_frontinus_128kb.mp3 (16:13)

-mark-
Thanks much, Mark!
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only THREE sections to go! :D

MFD32
Posts: 46
Joined: May 4th, 2014, 11:41 am

Post by MFD32 » June 2nd, 2020, 3:47 pm


Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12390
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » June 2nd, 2020, 6:56 pm

MFD32 wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 3:47 pm
Section 15 ready.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/stratagemsaqueducts_15_frontinus_128kb.mp3 (17:59)

-Mark-
Thanks much, Mark!
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only THREE sections to go! :D

Xctops
Posts: 11
Joined: April 8th, 2019, 11:54 am

Post by Xctops » June 4th, 2020, 5:34 am

Jmbau13 wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 11:06 pm
Xctops wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 1:21 pm
Here is Section 3 first upload: https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/stratagemsaqueducts_03_frontinus_128kb.mp3
Length: 17:03
Thank you very much for this. Apologies it has taken me a little while to be able to PL it.
It is very nicely read, at a good pace. I enjoyed listening to you read.
I only have one small issue:
~ 4:00 something odd happens to the word 'at' in the phrase 'sunk at the point', so I had to replay it several times to catch the meaning.
Roger that. I will get this re-uploaded between today and tomorrow. Thanks for the catch, I'd hate to have that stay in 8-)

MFD32
Posts: 46
Joined: May 4th, 2014, 11:41 am

Post by MFD32 » June 4th, 2020, 3:10 pm

Section 16 ready.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/stratagemsaqueducts_16_frontinus_128kb.mp3 (15:50)


I noticed that there was nothing in the instructions to say something like "end of book4," or "end of The Stratagems." I didn't record an ending, but can edit if it was meant to be in there.
Othewise, I'm off to the next book.

Cheers, all.

-Mark-

Post Reply