[COMPLETE][Novel]Shirley by Charlotte Brontë - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Section 5 PL OK :thumbs:
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
vijeta6

Post by vijeta6 »

I'll be posting soon.Please have patience with me.
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Hey guys! I'm sorry to have to do this, but I have to relinquish my PL duties for this project since school has started and I am very busy!

Thanks for understanding,

Elsie Selwyn
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

elsieselwyn wrote: August 31st, 2019, 7:37 amHey guys! I'm sorry to have to do this, but I have to relinquish my PL duties for this project since school has started and I am very busy!
no problem, Elsie, thank you for letting us know.

Sonia
vijeta6

Post by vijeta6 »

Hello there!
I am still alive and interested :D and I will be recording soon :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

vijeta6 wrote: October 9th, 2019, 9:14 pmI am still alive and interested :D and I will be recording soon :)
I'm happy to hear that :D thank you for notifying me. If you post in this thread once every two months, I will keep it open as long as you are still interested in finishing.

Keeping my fingers crossed that you soon have more free recording time.

Sonia
Maddie

Post by Maddie »

I would love to DPL this project. I am also partially fluent in French, which may help! :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Maddie wrote: October 22nd, 2019, 3:53 pmI would love to DPL this project. I am also partially fluent in French, which may help! :D
great, Maddie, welcome to the project. And yes, French would help as there are quite a few sentences in French in some chapter, at least so far.

I'll give you access to the MW right away. :)

Sonia
Maddie

Post by Maddie »

Kitty wrote: October 22nd, 2019, 11:42 pm
Maddie wrote: October 22nd, 2019, 3:53 pmI would love to DPL this project. I am also partially fluent in French, which may help! :D
great, Maddie, welcome to the project. And yes, French would help as there are quite a few sentences in French in some chapter, at least so far.

I'll give you access to the MW right away. :)

Sonia
I should probably have read the forum first, but it has come to my attention that this project has been on hold for a little while. Is the reader planning on starting to record soon? I know it's a longer book, and I am hesitant to start a project that will move very slowly as my schedule is subject to change. :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Maddie wrote: October 24th, 2019, 6:51 amI should probably have read the forum first, but it has come to my attention that this project has been on hold for a little while. Is the reader planning on starting to record soon? I know it's a longer book, and I am hesitant to start a project that will move very slowly as my schedule is subject to change. :)
well it is as you wish. Vijeta, the reader, only recently mentioned that she would be recording again soon, so the project may progress again now. As for commitment, if you wish and can participate now, we'll be happy to have you, even if at one point you may have to drop out again due to time issues. This is not a life-sentence ;)

Let me know if you want to stay on or not. :)

Have a nice evening.

Sonia
Maddie

Post by Maddie »

Kitty wrote: October 24th, 2019, 11:18 am
Maddie wrote: October 24th, 2019, 6:51 amI should probably have read the forum first, but it has come to my attention that this project has been on hold for a little while. Is the reader planning on starting to record soon? I know it's a longer book, and I am hesitant to start a project that will move very slowly as my schedule is subject to change. :)
well it is as you wish. Vijeta, the reader, only recently mentioned that she would be recording again soon, so the project may progress again now. As for commitment, if you wish and can participate now, we'll be happy to have you, even if at one point you may have to drop out again due to time issues. This is not a life-sentence ;)

Let me know if you want to stay on or not. :)

Have a nice evening.

Sonia
As much as I hate to jump on a project and then immediately jump off, my enthusiasm over this particular book hindered my judgement. I was hoping for a project that would start and progress quickly. So I think I may have to back out. My sincerest apologies, I really hate to do this. :oops:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Maddie wrote: October 24th, 2019, 12:19 pmAs much as I hate to jump on a project and then immediately jump off, my enthusiasm over this particular book hindered my judgement. I was hoping for a project that would start and progress quickly. So I think I may have to back out. My sincerest apologies, I really hate to do this. :oops:
no worries, I'll take you off duty again then. Maybe you want to stay bookmarked to the project, then you'll see when Vijeta starts up again ;)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

any news from your camp, Vijeta ? Everything going well ? Just wanted a short status update from you, that's all.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hello Vijeta

it's been almost a year since your last post in this thread. Please let me shortly know whether you want to keep this alive still.

If I don't hear back from you before Saturday, 10th October (in one week), I will open this project as group project. Your 5 sections will be used for it, so your work was not done in vain. :D

Hope to maybe hear from you soon. I also sent you a PM in case you are not bookmarked to the thread anymore.

All the best

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

If this doesn't work out, may I adopt this book? Jim