[FULL] Gems of Chinese Verse - tg

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
KevinS
Posts: 2960
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 8th, 2019, 9:54 pm

svonb002 wrote:
July 8th, 2019, 9:31 pm
Hello. May I claim sections 6, 16, 21, 24, 110, 126, 127, and 180?
Yes, of course. Thank you for taking part!

Should you have difficulty with any of the pronunciations, my motto is to do the best you can ... and that is more than enough.

It could be that you'll be able to assist us with pronunciations!
E agora, José?

KevinS
Posts: 2960
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 9th, 2019, 8:48 am

Sections 1 - 4 ready for PL. (Shall I paste in the links, or do you listen from the MW?)
E agora, José?

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42676
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » July 9th, 2019, 10:13 am

Moving this to Readers Wanted!
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Australia & New Zealand history: LINK

KevinS
Posts: 2960
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 9th, 2019, 10:19 am

TriciaG wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 10:13 am
Moving this to Readers Wanted!
Great! Thanks!

Wait til you hear my Insomnia piece. I feel asleep three times recording it!
E agora, José?

Horner94
Posts: 632
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » July 9th, 2019, 10:44 am

May I claim Section 29?
Kind regards,
Chad

KevinS
Posts: 2960
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 9th, 2019, 10:59 am

Horner94 wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 10:44 am
May I claim Section 29?
Kind regards,
Chad
Yes! Please do!

Thank you!
E agora, José?

Horner94
Posts: 632
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » July 9th, 2019, 11:04 am

KevinS wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 10:59 am
Horner94 wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 10:44 am
May I claim Section 29?
Kind regards,
Chad
Yes! Please do!

Thank you!
Thank you.
Below is my audio recording for Section 29 ready for PLing:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/gemsofchineseverse_029_various_128kb.mp3 Time: 01:14
Kind regards,
Chad

KevinS
Posts: 2960
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 9th, 2019, 11:05 am

Horner94 wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 11:04 am
KevinS wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 10:59 am
Horner94 wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 10:44 am
May I claim Section 29?
Kind regards,
Chad
Yes! Please do!

Thank you!
Thank you.
Below is my audio recording for Section 29 ready for PLing:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/gemsofchineseverse_029_various_128kb.mp3 Time: 01:14
Kind regards,
Chad
Cool beans! Thank you.
E agora, José?



silverquill
Posts: 10329
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 9th, 2019, 2:56 pm

Kevin, (also ATTN: Chad and Stefan)

Our usual ending for the short poetry disclaimer is just, "End of poem. This recording is in the public domain." If you want the name of the poem repeated again, that's fine (though I think it adds to the non-poem part of the recording), however, I think we actually do need to have "This recording is in the public domain" in there as part of the disclaimer.

Tricia will correct me if I'm wrong about this.

In the meanwhile, I've marked all of the submitted sections with See PL Notes.

Just one other small note for you, Kevin. I hear background noise, certainly at an acceptable level, in your intros and outros, but not in the bod of the recordings, as if you applied noise reduction only to that part. Entirely up to you if you want to take a listen and make any changes. They are PL OK as is.

KevinS
Posts: 2960
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 9th, 2019, 3:06 pm

silverquill wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 2:56 pm
Kevin, (also ATTN: Chad and Stefan)

Our usual ending for the short poetry disclaimer is just, "End of poem. This recording is in the public domain." If you want the name of the poem repeated again, that's fine (though I think it adds to the non-poem part of the recording), however, I think we actually do need to have "This recording is in the public domain" in there as part of the disclaimer.

Tricia will correct me if I'm wrong about this.

In the meanwhile, I've marked all of the submitted sections with See PL Notes.

Just one other small note for you, Kevin. I hear background noise, certainly at an acceptable level, in your intros and outros, but not in the bod of the recordings, as if you applied noise reduction only to that part. Entirely up to you if you want to take a listen and make any changes. They are PL OK as is.
Thank you. All very helpful. I will adjust the ending instructions to simply "End of poem. This recording is in the public domain."
E agora, José?

KevinS
Posts: 2960
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 9th, 2019, 3:16 pm

silverquill wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 2:56 pm
Kevin, (also ATTN: Chad and Stefan)

Just one other small note for you, Kevin. I hear background noise, certainly at an acceptable level, in your intros and outros, but not in the bod of the recordings, as if you applied noise reduction only to that part. Entirely up to you if you want to take a listen and make any changes. They are PL OK as is.
It's a bad habit I have to break. I like to think about the poetry alone when recording and worry about the intro and outro much later. It leads to what you describe.

I'll clean them up.
E agora, José?

KevinS
Posts: 2960
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 9th, 2019, 3:35 pm

LibriVox member Aidan is presently arranging to read a good number of these poems as part of a school project. Many thanks to him! He's reserving 130 - 143.
E agora, José?

silverquill
Posts: 10329
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 9th, 2019, 3:47 pm

Hi, Kevin!

Okay, on the outro, as long as we have the "public domain" in there, I think

Chad and Stefan --- would you mind changing the outros for the poems already submitted? They are otherwise PL OK.

Post Reply