[CHILD FIC] Bealby; A Holiday by HG Wells - philc

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
dfrakk
Posts: 49
Joined: July 2nd, 2019, 8:11 pm

Post by dfrakk » September 21st, 2019, 1:38 pm


Maddie
Posts: 40
Joined: September 2nd, 2019, 3:35 pm

Post by Maddie » September 21st, 2019, 4:56 pm

dfrakk wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 1:38 pm
chapter 3 The Wanderers part 1
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/bealbyaholiday_03_wells_128kb.mp3
length 22:22
PL OK!

dfrakk
Posts: 49
Joined: July 2nd, 2019, 8:11 pm

Post by dfrakk » September 21st, 2019, 5:08 pm

Maddie wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 4:56 pm
dfrakk wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 1:38 pm
chapter 3 The Wanderers part 1
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/bealbyaholiday_03_wells_128kb.mp3
length 22:22
PL OK!
Thank you Maddie :)

NarratorJ
Posts: 57
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 11:27 am

Post by NarratorJ » September 23rd, 2019, 4:38 am

feedback / constructive criticism appreciated

cowguy02
Posts: 601
Joined: July 11th, 2017, 4:10 pm
Contact:

Post by cowguy02 » September 27th, 2019, 2:10 pm

NarratorJ wrote:
September 23rd, 2019, 4:38 am
Chapter 2
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/bealbyaholiday_02_wells_128kb.mp3
1:06:28.56
Thanks
J
Thanks-that is ready for PL
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]

Maddie
Posts: 40
Joined: September 2nd, 2019, 3:35 pm

Post by Maddie » September 28th, 2019, 5:28 pm

NarratorJ wrote:
September 23rd, 2019, 4:38 am
Chapter 2
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/bealbyaholiday_02_wells_128kb.mp3
1:06:28.56
Thanks
J
Great recording, there was possibly an error at 4:57 "alth-very well." It was unclear if it was a mistake or part of the dialogue.

NarratorJ
Posts: 57
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 11:27 am

Post by NarratorJ » September 30th, 2019, 6:09 am

Maddie wrote:
September 28th, 2019, 5:28 pm
NarratorJ wrote:
September 23rd, 2019, 4:38 am
Chapter 2
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/bealbyaholiday_02_wells_128kb.mp3
1:06:28.56
Thanks
J
Great recording, there was possibly an error at 4:57 "alth-very well." It was unclear if it was a mistake or part of the dialogue.
Thank you, I've reviewed the note at 4:57, I believe it to be correct, text is written as “Oh ve-_very_ well,” ... :)
feedback / constructive criticism appreciated

Maddie
Posts: 40
Joined: September 2nd, 2019, 3:35 pm

Post by Maddie » September 30th, 2019, 4:09 pm

NarratorJ wrote:
September 30th, 2019, 6:09 am
Maddie wrote:
September 28th, 2019, 5:28 pm
NarratorJ wrote:
September 23rd, 2019, 4:38 am
Chapter 2
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/bealbyaholiday_02_wells_128kb.mp3
1:06:28.56
Thanks
J
Great recording, there was possibly an error at 4:57 "alth-very well." It was unclear if it was a mistake or part of the dialogue.
Thank you, I've reviewed the note at 4:57, I believe it to be correct, text is written as “Oh ve-_very_ well,” ... :)
Ok, great! I'll mark it as PL ok!

Maddie
Posts: 40
Joined: September 2nd, 2019, 3:35 pm

Post by Maddie » November 18th, 2019, 7:27 am

It's been a little while, are Horner94 and 079tim still planning on reading sections 9 and 13, or do we need to return to readers wanted?

cowguy02
Posts: 601
Joined: July 11th, 2017, 4:10 pm
Contact:

Post by cowguy02 » November 26th, 2019, 8:14 am

079tim wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 2:22 pm
Is it okay for me to claim § 13, i.e. Chapter VIII: How Bealby Explained?
Do you think you can still get these sections done? We are about 4 months from your claim. Please let us know, I can grant you 2 extra weeks otherwise I'll send up back to readers wanted.

Thanks for your help.
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]

079tim
Posts: 16
Joined: May 12th, 2019, 3:11 pm
Location: Netherlands

Post by 079tim » January 12th, 2020, 4:24 pm

cowguy02 wrote:
November 26th, 2019, 8:14 am
079tim wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 2:22 pm
Is it okay for me to claim § 13, i.e. Chapter VIII: How Bealby Explained?
Do you think you can still get these sections done? We are about 4 months from your claim. Please let us know, I can grant you 2 extra weeks otherwise I'll send up back to readers wanted.

Thanks for your help.
Yes, I'm so sorry for being so ridiculously late. I'll try to hand it in tomorrow around 8 PM GMT, but if anyone else wants to claim those sections that's obviously completely fine.

079tim
Posts: 16
Joined: May 12th, 2019, 3:11 pm
Location: Netherlands

Post by 079tim » January 13th, 2020, 12:50 pm

079tim wrote:
January 12th, 2020, 4:24 pm
cowguy02 wrote:
November 26th, 2019, 8:14 am
079tim wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 2:22 pm
Is it okay for me to claim § 13, i.e. Chapter VIII: How Bealby Explained?
Do you think you can still get these sections done? We are about 4 months from your claim. Please let us know, I can grant you 2 extra weeks otherwise I'll send up back to readers wanted.

Thanks for your help.
Yes, I'm so sorry for being so ridiculously late. I'll try to hand it in tomorrow around 8 PM GMT, but if anyone else wants to claim those sections that's obviously completely fine.
It'll be a few hours later because I cannot seem to log into the file uploader so I may have to request a novel password.

079tim
Posts: 16
Joined: May 12th, 2019, 3:11 pm
Location: Netherlands

Post by 079tim » January 13th, 2020, 4:09 pm

079tim wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 12:50 pm
079tim wrote:
January 12th, 2020, 4:24 pm
cowguy02 wrote:
November 26th, 2019, 8:14 am


Do you think you can still get these sections done? We are about 4 months from your claim. Please let us know, I can grant you 2 extra weeks otherwise I'll send up back to readers wanted.

Thanks for your help.
Yes, I'm so sorry for being so ridiculously late. I'll try to hand it in tomorrow around 8 PM GMT, but if anyone else wants to claim those sections that's obviously completely fine.
It'll be a few hours later because I cannot seem to log into the file uploader so I may have to request a novel password.
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/bealbyaholiday_13_wells_128kb.mp3

I apologise for being so ludicrously late handing in the attached file.

The above are sections §1 through §3. Tomorrow I finally have a day off, so then I'll clean up sections §4 through §13 which I'd already recorded months ago but haven't had time to edit yet.

According to 'Checker' the file suffices, but personally I'm suspicious that the volume might be a bit on the low side.

I couldn’t get Audicity to work properly, so these issues are still in there:

1.) I routinely mispronounce “row” (=beef) as its homonym “row” (=queue).
2.) Somewhere within the first quarter of an hour I misspeak, when I say “internal” (=endogenous) instead of “infernal” (=hellish).
3.) Somewhere within the first quarter of an hour I misspeak, when I say “I” (=first person singular) instead of “he” (=third person singular).
4.) Somewhere within the first quarter of an hour I misspeak, when I say “spaces” instead of its synonym “places”.
5.) I give a certain character an American accent in one particular section, whilst giving the very same character a British accent elsewhere.

Should I rerecord it? I reckon I'll have enough time to do so tomorrow, but I'm in timezone GMT+1 so now I've got to catch some sleep.

Maddie
Posts: 40
Joined: September 2nd, 2019, 3:35 pm

Post by Maddie » January 28th, 2020, 6:13 pm

I apologize for my late reply, school has been quite busy. You said you attached sections 1 through 3, but I only see one link in your post and section 1 through 3 already show as being completed in the MW. I would probably advise rerecording, however, I m no expert on the matter, and that is only my suggestion.

cowguy02
Posts: 601
Joined: July 11th, 2017, 4:10 pm
Contact:

Post by cowguy02 » February 3rd, 2020, 8:18 am

079tim wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 4:09 pm
079tim wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 12:50 pm
079tim wrote:
January 12th, 2020, 4:24 pm


Yes, I'm so sorry for being so ridiculously late. I'll try to hand it in tomorrow around 8 PM GMT, but if anyone else wants to claim those sections that's obviously completely fine.
It'll be a few hours later because I cannot seem to log into the file uploader so I may have to request a novel password.
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/bealbyaholiday_13_wells_128kb.mp3

I apologise for being so ludicrously late handing in the attached file.

The above are sections §1 through §3. Tomorrow I finally have a day off, so then I'll clean up sections §4 through §13 which I'd already recorded months ago but haven't had time to edit yet.

According to 'Checker' the file suffices, but personally I'm suspicious that the volume might be a bit on the low side.

I couldn’t get Audicity to work properly, so these issues are still in there:

1.) I routinely mispronounce “row” (=beef) as its homonym “row” (=queue).
2.) Somewhere within the first quarter of an hour I misspeak, when I say “internal” (=endogenous) instead of “infernal” (=hellish).
3.) Somewhere within the first quarter of an hour I misspeak, when I say “I” (=first person singular) instead of “he” (=third person singular).
4.) Somewhere within the first quarter of an hour I misspeak, when I say “spaces” instead of its synonym “places”.
5.) I give a certain character an American accent in one particular section, whilst giving the very same character a British accent elsewhere.

Should I rerecord it? I reckon I'll have enough time to do so tomorrow, but I'm in timezone GMT+1 so now I've got to catch some sleep.
We need the files turned in with not mistakes (as far as humanely possible) and in individual files for each chapter. If the file is not salvageable then rerecording would be your best option.
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]

Post Reply