[Duet] Unitarian Catechism - tg

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42757
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » July 13th, 2019, 4:27 pm

No - it's an appendix, so you can leave it out. :)
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Insomnia Collection - boring works 30-70 minutes long
Australia & New Zealand history: LINK

KevinS
Posts: 2910
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 13th, 2019, 4:28 pm

TriciaG wrote:
July 13th, 2019, 4:27 pm
No - it's an appendix, so you can leave it out. :)
My brother is a surgeon. He takes them out!

Thank you!
E agora, José?

KevinS
Posts: 2910
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 13th, 2019, 5:47 pm

Section 0

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/unitariancatechism_narrator_00_128kb.mp3

3:18

I hope this fixes all that's needed.
E agora, José?

silverquill
Posts: 10289
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 13th, 2019, 7:37 pm

KevinS wrote:
July 13th, 2019, 5:47 pm
Section 0

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/unitariancatechism_narrator_00_128kb.mp3

3:18

I hope this fixes all that's needed.
Yup! You're right on!

I've assisted surgeons removing an appendix or two, but we are very selective about other body parts. :wink:

KevinS
Posts: 2910
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 13th, 2019, 8:20 pm

I have placed the 'answers' in section one, but just so that you can hear how I am reading. Please let me know if I sound too disinterested or all-knowing or anything negative.

Of course, I'm just using section one as a storage site for the time being. Once you have read the questions I will try to do the whole project justice.

By the way, did you want to do the intros and outros? Your choice. I don't mind doing them (so long as I get them right!)
E agora, José?

silverquill
Posts: 10289
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » August 2nd, 2019, 11:15 pm

KevinS wrote:
July 13th, 2019, 8:20 pm
I have placed the 'answers' in section one, but just so that you can hear how I am reading. Please let me know if I sound too disinterested or all-knowing or anything negative.

Of course, I'm just using section one as a storage site for the time being. Once you have read the questions I will try to do the whole project justice.

By the way, did you want to do the intros and outros? Your choice. I don't mind doing them (so long as I get them right!)
Oh, my, I started to work on this and realized I had forgotten to resolve one question.
How do you want each question to start.
As written it would be, " One. Question: How old is religion?"
Or it could be read, "Question One: How old is religion?"
Or, it could be read, "One: How old is religion?"
Or it could simply be read, "How old is religion?'

I think option three, just the number and the reading of the question.
That gives the numbers to keep reader and listener straight, but eliminates the reading "Question" for each one, and makes it more consistent with how you've read the answers.

Let me know what you think.

Oh, I think I'll let you do any intros and outros that you need. I think it sounds better in the voice of the introduction and the reader of the answers.

silverquill
Posts: 10289
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » August 2nd, 2019, 11:29 pm

OK, so I decided to go ahead and do a trial run on Chapter 1, since it is just 30 questions.
Let, me know what you think, and I can change it any way you want.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/unitariancatechism_questions_11_128kb.mp3

KevinS
Posts: 2910
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » August 3rd, 2019, 8:01 am

silverquill wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 11:29 pm
OK, so I decided to go ahead and do a trial run on Chapter 1, since it is just 30 questions.
Let, me know what you think, and I can change it any way you want.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/unitariancatechism_questions_11_128kb.mp3
You sound great! This is great! Don't change a thing!
E agora, José?

silverquill
Posts: 10289
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » August 3rd, 2019, 8:08 am

Okay, I'll have these to you shortly.
Gotta work today, and family outing this evening (hot air balloon festival and fireworks).

KevinS
Posts: 2910
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » August 3rd, 2019, 10:05 am

Here is the first chapter with both voices, but without, yet, the intro and outro.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/unitariancatechism_both_01_128kb.mp3

What do you think? Does it drag a bit? I wasn't sure of what pace should be taken.
E agora, José?

silverquill
Posts: 10289
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » August 17th, 2019, 8:15 pm

OK, Kevin, here is the entire Question File:


https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/unitariancatechism_questions_11_128kb.mp3 47:50

I've put in the Chapter names just for clairty, so just edit these out as you assemble each chapter.
You can PL as you assemble, but feel free to ask for any changes -- a wrong intonation or anything at all that doesn't fit.
As you post the individual assembled chapters, I will do the final PL.

Let me know how you do, and if I can do anything else to help.

We'll not discuss theology here. :roll:

KevinS
Posts: 2910
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » August 20th, 2019, 2:12 pm

silverquill wrote:
August 17th, 2019, 8:15 pm
OK, Kevin, here is the entire Question File:


https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/unitariancatechism_questions_11_128kb.mp3 47:50

I've put in the Chapter names just for clairty, so just edit these out as you assemble each chapter.
You can PL as you assemble, but feel free to ask for any changes -- a wrong intonation or anything at all that doesn't fit.
As you post the individual assembled chapters, I will do the final PL.

Let me know how you do, and if I can do anything else to help.

We'll not discuss theology here. :roll:
Thank you! I'll get to this as soon as I can. I very much appreciate your help. The one thing I can say about Unitarians is that they were certainly influential in the US Northeast for a time.
E agora, José?

KevinS
Posts: 2910
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » August 23rd, 2019, 8:14 am

silverquill wrote:
August 17th, 2019, 8:15 pm
OK, Kevin, here is the entire Question File:


https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/unitariancatechism_questions_11_128kb.mp3 47:50

I've put in the Chapter names just for clairty, so just edit these out as you assemble each chapter.
You can PL as you assemble, but feel free to ask for any changes -- a wrong intonation or anything at all that doesn't fit.
As you post the individual assembled chapters, I will do the final PL.

Let me know how you do, and if I can do anything else to help.

We'll not discuss theology here. :roll:
Tremendous job! PL OK!
E agora, José?

silverquill
Posts: 10289
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » August 23rd, 2019, 8:37 am

Oh, good to hear!
I'll PL the individual completed sections.
Should be very interesting.

KevinS
Posts: 2910
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » August 23rd, 2019, 10:23 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/unitariancatechism_both_01_128kb.mp3

7:20

Chapter 1

Not really a finished product, but I thought you like to hear it. I want to balance some of the volumes or tones. (I don't really know the lingo.) It's basically a matter of the intro and outro.

I left in your announcing the chapter number and title. Is that all right? Also, do you want a voice credit in the recording? I only do so if the BC asks for it and won't do so here unless you want it.
E agora, José?

Post Reply