[Duet] Unitarian Catechism - tg

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42757
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » June 13th, 2019, 6:06 am

Yes, that's right. Although if you want, you could say, "Questions read by GillH" and Kevin could insert that into the intro. :)

Moving this to Going Solo. I know it's not a solo, but it's close enough. ;)
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Insomnia Collection - boring works 30-70 minutes long
Australia & New Zealand history: LINK

KevinS
Posts: 2910
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » June 13th, 2019, 6:26 am

TriciaG wrote:
June 13th, 2019, 6:06 am
Yes, that's right. Although if you want, you could say, "Questions read by GillH" and Kevin could insert that into the intro. :)

Moving this to Going Solo. I know it's not a solo, but it's close enough. ;)
Yes, I think it would be nice to have "Questions read by GillH" included in the intro. I would even pair it with my own voice saying "Answers read by KevinS."
E agora, José?

GillH
Posts: 856
Joined: July 31st, 2017, 3:59 pm
Location: France

Post by GillH » June 13th, 2019, 6:47 am

I'm really sorry to do this now, but I'm going to have to pull out of this.

I didn't realise what exactly the beliefs of the unitarians were - I think I was thinking more of "ecumenical", silly me. In reading through the questions and answers I realise I can't be a part of this. I'll PM Kevin.

KevinS
Posts: 2910
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » June 13th, 2019, 7:25 am

GillH wrote:
June 13th, 2019, 6:47 am
I'm really sorry to do this now, but I'm going to have to pull out of this.

I didn't realise what exactly the beliefs of the unitarians were - I think I was thinking more of "ecumenical", silly me. In reading through the questions and answers I realise I can't be a part of this. I'll PM Kevin.
I fully understand. This is not a problem.

Perhaps---hopefully---we can do a more traditional Catechism together one day.
E agora, José?

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42757
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » June 13th, 2019, 10:44 am

Moving this to Readers Wanted. :)

EDIT: Sticking it in Dramatic Works, since that's how it's set up. :)
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Insomnia Collection - boring works 30-70 minutes long
Australia & New Zealand history: LINK

silverquill
Posts: 10289
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 16th, 2019, 7:39 pm

Thanks for the PM, Kevin.
For the record, I'll be glad to read the Questions, as discussed.

KevinS
Posts: 2910
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » June 16th, 2019, 9:09 pm

silverquill wrote:
June 16th, 2019, 7:39 pm
Thanks for the PM, Kevin.
For the record, I'll be glad to read the Questions, as discussed.
Thank you! That would be a great help.
E agora, José?

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42757
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » June 17th, 2019, 1:14 pm

Added in Larry and moved to Readers Found. :)
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Insomnia Collection - boring works 30-70 minutes long
Australia & New Zealand history: LINK

silverquill
Posts: 10289
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 13th, 2019, 8:04 am

Kevin,
We've kind of put this on the back burner with our other projects coming on, but let's try to get to work on this. I've got it back on my board and will get a few chapters done. And see how it goes.

silverquill
Posts: 10289
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 13th, 2019, 8:17 am

Two notes, Kevin, on the Section 00:

First, a better way to handle these sections in the intro is just to say, in this case, "Introduction and Author's Preface" in place of "Section Zero" which sounds a little strange to the listener. Same substitution for the outro. I would just read the name of the person writing the introduction right at the end of it.

Second, you omitted the second to last paragraph in the Author's Preface.

Looking forward to getting this one going.

KevinS
Posts: 2910
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 13th, 2019, 4:17 pm

silverquill wrote:
July 13th, 2019, 8:17 am
Two notes, Kevin, on the Section 00:

First, a better way to handle these sections in the intro is just to say, in this case, "Introduction and Author's Preface" in place of "Section Zero" which sounds a little strange to the listener. Same substitution for the outro. I would just read the name of the person writing the introduction right at the end of it.

Second, you omitted the second to last paragraph in the Author's Preface.

Looking forward to getting this one going.
Thank you. I'm anxious to get this one done now, for whatever reason. Maybe because it will assuage the guilt I have for letting the Hemingway sit so long!

Thank you for the notes. When I read 'Section Zero,' I assure you I rolled my eyes. I thought it was a requirement but I see we are allowed to have common sense!

I'll have a look for the second to last paragraph. (I may have ignored it for a reason.)
E agora, José?

KevinS
Posts: 2910
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 13th, 2019, 4:20 pm

Ah, yes. I ignored the aforesaid paragraph as it refers to the bibliography which I do not plan on reading.

What do you think? May I take that liberty?
E agora, José?

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42757
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » July 13th, 2019, 4:21 pm

KevinS wrote:
July 13th, 2019, 4:20 pm
Ah, yes. I ignored the aforesaid paragraph as it refers to the bibliography which I do not plan on reading.

What do you think? May I take that liberty?
No. :) If you're reading the preface, you need to read the whole preface. Footnotes may be omitted, but portions of the text body may not.
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Insomnia Collection - boring works 30-70 minutes long
Australia & New Zealand history: LINK

KevinS
Posts: 2910
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 13th, 2019, 4:24 pm

TriciaG wrote:
July 13th, 2019, 4:21 pm
KevinS wrote:
July 13th, 2019, 4:20 pm
Ah, yes. I ignored the aforesaid paragraph as it refers to the bibliography which I do not plan on reading.

What do you think? May I take that liberty?
No. :) If you're reading the preface, you need to read the whole preface. Footnotes may be omitted, but portions of the text body may not.
Am I obliged to read the bibliography?
E agora, José?

KevinS
Posts: 2910
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 13th, 2019, 4:26 pm

Hahaha! We could always use it for the Insomnia Collection!

Oh, no! Never mind! I'm not reading it twice!
E agora, José?

Post Reply