(Complete) Historical Mysteries by Andrew Lang - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Here are the PL Notes for Section 5:

10:56 appears to be text inserted that does not belong: I heard "a happy lammant...their rammant"; the texts says "peculiarly cherished and comforted by our royal family. Now Jeanne's claims were no better, and no nearer in 1781"

17:26 repeat "a friend of"

25:36 appears to be text inserted that does not belong between "would shield her" and "who said that they had been gulled"; the text between these two phrases should be "would sacrifice himself and pay the 60,000l. But the jewellers dared not carry the news to the Cardinal. They went to Madame Campan"

28:35 I heard "They are like a fair trial"; text says "They like a fair trial"
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
2839reader

Post by 2839reader »

Signature: KATHLEEN
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

2839reader wrote: June 2nd, 2019, 4:25 pm Corrections on section 05
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/historicalmysteries_05_lang_128kb.mp3
Section 5 PL OK :thumbs:
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
StoryDreamer

Post by StoryDreamer »

Greetings!

I would like to do "St. Germain the Deathless," please!

Thanks!
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

StoryDreamer wrote: June 3rd, 2019, 8:09 am Greetings!

I would like to do "St. Germain the Deathless," please!

Thanks!
Hello! Welcome to Librivox! First things first:

How would you like to be credited in the catalog? There are places for a catalog name (some use a nickname or forum name, some their real name) and a link to a personal web site or blog, if you have one.

You'll need to do the 1-minute test before recording the section you requested. Or, as an alternate, you can use the first 30 seconds or so of this recording as your test. However, I would recommend not to record the whole thing until you’ve gotten the OK on your test recording - that way, if there's something drastically wrong with your setup that requires you to re-do the whole recording, you won't have wasted your time.

Here’s the article explaining the 1 minute test: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

And another article explaining recording in general for new readers: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

In the meantime, I’ll save the section for you!
voxdockery

Post by voxdockery »

Hi Elsie! Pending the approval of my 1-Minute Test, may I please claim section 9, The Case of Captain Green? This will be my first LV recording. I'd like my pseudonym to be voxdockery, and I do not at this time have a personal website for linking :) Thank you!
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

voxdockery wrote: June 5th, 2019, 4:46 am Hi Elsie! Pending the approval of my 1-Minute Test, may I please claim section 9, The Case of Captain Green? This will be my first LV recording. I'd like my pseudonym to be voxdockery, and I do not at this time have a personal website for linking :) Thank you!
All yours! :D
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

I’d like to claim section 2 please.
I’m a new reader and have not yet done my test recording, which I will do in the next week. Name for the catalog is Jane Bennett
regards
Jane Bennett
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Jmbau13 wrote: June 12th, 2019, 7:02 pm I’d like to claim section 2 please.
I’m a new reader and have not yet done my test recording, which I will do in the next week. Name for the catalog is Jane Bennett
Thank you for claiming and welcome to LibriVox!
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

Hello,
I'm new to LibriVox, working on getting my first recording approved for the latest collection of short ghost & horror stories.
I'd like to claim section VI, "The Mystery of Kaspar Hauser: The Child of Europe."
For the catalogue, my name is Louise J. Belle.
Thanks very much...LJB
(username: maxgal)
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Fun Fact: 40% of all statistics are wrong.
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

maxgal wrote: June 14th, 2019, 12:38 pm Hello,
I'm new to LibriVox, working on getting my first recording approved for the latest collection of short ghost & horror stories.
I'd like to claim section VI, "The Mystery of Kaspar Hauser: The Child of Europe."
Thanks very much...LJB
Thank you! I put you in the MW.
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

FAB.
This makes a nice complement to my copy of Werner Herzog's film The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser.
Thank you...LJB
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

Elsie, thank you. I've just posted my one minute test as a new thread in the forum.
regards
Jane Bennett
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Jmbau13 wrote: June 14th, 2019, 9:22 pm Elsie, thank you. I've just posted my one minute test as a new thread in the forum.
Okay! I’ll pop over and look at it later today.
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

elsieselwyn wrote: June 14th, 2019, 12:50 pm
maxgal wrote: June 14th, 2019, 12:38 pm Hello,
Thanks very much...LJB
Thank you! I put you in the MW.

A quick Q:
There are 2 brief footnotes that apply to section VI; they are citations to other works:
: fn11 -- "The Story of Kaspar Hauser from Authentic Records. Swan Sonnenschein & Co., London, 1892"
: fn12 -- "Proceedings of the Society for Psychical Research, vol. vii. pp. 221-257"
I read elsewhere in the forums (fora?) that the standard treatment is to (1) say "footnote" -- (2) read the footnote -- (3) say "end of footnote."
Should I do that with these footnotes, or do you have another preference?
Thank you...LJB
Louise
"every little breeze..."