~Report On The Investigation Into Russian Interference In The 2016 Presidential Election - tg

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Post Reply
ljarrow
Posts: 51
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 10:20 pm

Post by ljarrow » June 28th, 2019, 4:49 pm

thanks again
elsieselwyn wrote:
June 28th, 2019, 12:08 pm
Section 21 PL OK :thumbs:

ljarrow
Posts: 51
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 10:20 pm

Post by ljarrow » June 28th, 2019, 4:53 pm

Did you see my post from yesterday that section 8 is uploaded?
ljarrow wrote:
June 28th, 2019, 4:49 pm
thanks again
elsieselwyn wrote:
June 28th, 2019, 12:08 pm
Section 21 PL OK :thumbs:

elsieselwyn
Posts: 1603
Joined: March 28th, 2019, 8:37 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

Post by elsieselwyn » June 28th, 2019, 4:59 pm

Oh thank you - I saw it and just forgot to put it in the MW

ljarrow
Posts: 51
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 10:20 pm

Post by ljarrow » July 1st, 2019, 11:20 am

Kathy and All:

I just finished recording sec 15. Though I have not yet started editing, I have serious concerns that this section will be longer than the maximum file length. I mention this now to give you a chance to figure out how you want deal with it in case it does turn out to be too long.

Lynne

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42757
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » July 1st, 2019, 12:35 pm

Speaking as the MC: if you cannot massage it into being within 72 minutes, then it's a bit late to add a section, as every submitted section after that one will need to change their audio intro/outro. :?

If it cannot get down to the time limit, then would the BC be willing to add a little of the text to section 16? It wouldn't be a clean split of the text, but since it's not recorded yet, it would work easier than adding a section.

One trick to try to massage the file down is to use the Change Tempo effect on about 1-2% - it doesn't make a noticeable change in pace, but does shorten up the file.
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Insomnia Collection - boring works 30-70 minutes long
Australia & New Zealand history: LINK

ljarrow
Posts: 51
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 10:20 pm

Post by ljarrow » July 1st, 2019, 5:11 pm

I know about change tempo, thanks. I'm the reader on 16 also, so if its ok with the powers that be, I will handle juggling the text if that becomes necessary
TriciaG wrote:
July 1st, 2019, 12:35 pm
Speaking as the MC: if you cannot massage it into being within 72 minutes, then it's a bit late to add a section, as every submitted section after that one will need to change their audio intro/outro. :?

If it cannot get down to the time limit, then would the BC be willing to add a little of the text to section 16? It wouldn't be a clean split of the text, but since it's not recorded yet, it would work easier than adding a section.

One trick to try to massage the file down is to use the Change Tempo effect on about 1-2% - it doesn't make a noticeable change in pace, but does shorten up the file.

BurgundyGrace
Posts: 621
Joined: June 8th, 2018, 5:41 pm

Post by BurgundyGrace » July 1st, 2019, 8:55 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/report2016electioninterference_04_mueller_128kb.mp3 [58:16]

Thanks for your patience in getting these files; the narration was completed in late May, but due to computer and internet issues, it took a bit to get the final product ... well ... Finalized, pending PLing.

Appreciation to all of the coordinators of this massive work!

Well done!
~Angelique

ljarrow
Posts: 51
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 10:20 pm

Post by ljarrow » July 3rd, 2019, 12:42 am

Update on Sec 15. Even with the tightest possible edit, the file was 5 minutes too long. It required a change tempo of 6 percent to bring it to size. I tried it and it was just too fast. There is no use recording something unlistenable. So, I propose to cut the file at "Analysis" (pg. 286) and add that section to section 16 which is shorter by a good bit than 15. If someone has a better idea, let me know or I will proceed with my plan. Excuse me, but I'm new here and I don't really understand who is supposed to decide what. Don't mean to step on anyone's toes; also have no problem taking the ball and running with it.

Lynne


ljarrow wrote:
July 1st, 2019, 5:11 pm
I know about change tempo, thanks. I'm the reader on 16 also, so if its ok with the powers that be, I will handle juggling the text if that becomes necessary
TriciaG wrote:
July 1st, 2019, 12:35 pm
Speaking as the MC: if you cannot massage it into being within 72 minutes, then it's a bit late to add a section, as every submitted section after that one will need to change their audio intro/outro. :?

If it cannot get down to the time limit, then would the BC be willing to add a little of the text to section 16? It wouldn't be a clean split of the text, but since it's not recorded yet, it would work easier than adding a section.

One trick to try to massage the file down is to use the Change Tempo effect on about 1-2% - it doesn't make a noticeable change in pace, but does shorten up the file.

elsieselwyn
Posts: 1603
Joined: March 28th, 2019, 8:37 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

Post by elsieselwyn » July 5th, 2019, 10:35 am

Sections 4 and 8 PL OK :thumbs:

amelita
Posts: 40
Joined: April 16th, 2007, 8:56 am
Location: San Francisco, California, USA
Contact:

Post by amelita » July 6th, 2019, 2:40 pm

Section 13 Uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/report2016electioninterference_13_mueller_128kb.mp3
33:07 in length

Notes:
- I left out the parenthetical notes re typesetting, e.g. "internal brackets and quotation marks omitted", since this is useless info when listening.
- I think I used a slightly different style when reading the citations. Please let me know if that's okay!

JenniferFour
Posts: 389
Joined: December 11th, 2015, 5:04 pm
Location: Virginia, USA

Post by JenniferFour » July 7th, 2019, 1:05 pm

Giving an update on section 20 - recorded and I still have to do my PL of it. Sorry this one has taken me so long.
Critical feedback is ALWAYS welcome - in the forum or via PM

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42757
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » July 19th, 2019, 1:55 pm

ljarrow wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 12:42 am
Update on Sec 15. Even with the tightest possible edit, the file was 5 minutes too long. It required a change tempo of 6 percent to bring it to size. I tried it and it was just too fast. There is no use recording something unlistenable. So, I propose to cut the file at "Analysis" (pg. 286) and add that section to section 16 which is shorter by a good bit than 15. If someone has a better idea, let me know or I will proceed with my plan. Excuse me, but I'm new here and I don't really understand who is supposed to decide what. Don't mean to step on anyone's toes; also have no problem taking the ball and running with it.

Lynne
The BC is supposed to make this call (the sections should have been divided so that this wouldn't have happened in the first place). But since no one has responded to this yet, I as MC will make the call. Go for it. Cut section 15 where you said, and add it to 16. Thanks so much!
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Insomnia Collection - boring works 30-70 minutes long
Australia & New Zealand history: LINK

ljarrow
Posts: 51
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 10:20 pm

Post by ljarrow » July 22nd, 2019, 12:44 pm

Great, thanks! I'll have both sections uploaded sometime tonight.

Lynne

TriciaG wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 1:55 pm
ljarrow wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 12:42 am
Update on Sec 15. Even with the tightest possible edit, the file was 5 minutes too long. It required a change tempo of 6 percent to bring it to size. I tried it and it was just too fast. There is no use recording something unlistenable. So, I propose to cut the file at "Analysis" (pg. 286) and add that section to section 16 which is shorter by a good bit than 15. If someone has a better idea, let me know or I will proceed with my plan. Excuse me, but I'm new here and I don't really understand who is supposed to decide what. Don't mean to step on anyone's toes; also have no problem taking the ball and running with it.

Lynne
The BC is supposed to make this call (the sections should have been divided so that this wouldn't have happened in the first place). But since no one has responded to this yet, I as MC will make the call. Go for it. Cut section 15 where you said, and add it to 16. Thanks so much!

ljarrow
Posts: 51
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 10:20 pm

Post by ljarrow » July 22nd, 2019, 9:48 pm

Here's section 16

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/report2016electioninterference_16_mueller_128kb.mp3

1:09:50

Note to Elsie: This section now begins on page 286 with the heading "Analysis" (section 15 will be correspondingly shorter)

Thanks! Hope you had a delightful vacation :)

Lynne

ljarrow
Posts: 51
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 10:20 pm

Post by ljarrow » July 23rd, 2019, 4:41 am

Section 15 is uploaded

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/report2016electioninterference_15_mueller_128kb.mp3

1:02:30

Note to Elsie: this section now ends at the top of pg. 286, at the end of the first paragraph "says there is no collusion, when does it end?"

This is the last of my assigned files. Happy to do more sections if anyone wants help.

Lynne

Post Reply