[COMPLETE]World's Story 7: Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Kitty wrote: June 10th, 2019, 9:34 am
alanmapstone wrote: June 10th, 2019, 9:14 am Section 12 Barbarossa (time 2:14)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume07_012_tappan_128kb.mp3
Interesting, I didn't know Barbarossa struggled against the Pope. I thought, since he was so eager for the crusades, he would be very much into the whole religion thing. Well...it probably only was the wrong Pope in his opinion :lol:
I think at that time the papacy was more about political power than religion. Thanks for the PL.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: June 10th, 2019, 1:00 am oh, there has been some action while I was offline !
adr6090 wrote:May I please claim section 58?
thank you April, this section will be reserved for you :)
neecheelok70 wrote:Here is 98--very sweet:
thanks, Jim, MW updated and I will try to PL this afternoon.
flup wrote:Sections 59 & 79 please!
hey Philip 8-) welcome aboard and thanks for your interest in this project. 59 and 79 are reserved for you. Please read carefully through the two first posts on the first page. You'll find all the details about correct filenaming and intro/outro disclaimer in the first post and some additional information about how to read footnotes in the second post.

If there are any questions still, don't hesitate to ask :)

Sonia
Thank you Sonia.
😁
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Josh, Kristine, Tomas and Alan all requested an extension to their older claims, so I'll renew them for another month. Thank you, guys.

However as I haven't heard anything back from the reader, Section 60 is back in the pool.

Sonia
RuthP

Post by RuthP »

I would like to read section 65 please.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RuthP wrote: June 14th, 2019, 11:03 amI would like to read section 65 please.
hello and welcome to this project, Ruth :) thank you for your claim, I'll assign it to you. Please read through the first two posts, to find specifics for intro/outro, title and footnotes (if there are any).

have fun with the pilgrims

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is 97:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume07_097_tappan_128kb.mp3 8.46 KB

9:01

Jim

May I have 70 and 86?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: June 16th, 2019, 4:00 am Here is 97:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume07_097_tappan_128kb.mp3 8.46 KB
May I have 70 and 86?
thank you, Jim, yes, I'll sign you up.

Section 97 is also PL ok. The Swiss armies really were a force to reckon with. I was wondering that Charles still tried a second attack here after this first defeat. :wink:

thank you again

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thank you!
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, this is all perfectly PL ok. 8-) and another nicely recorded section in the box.

Sonia
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
kissy

Post by kissy »

Hello,

My name is Kirstin, this is my first time, and I would like sections 55 and 60 please. Hopefully I am doing this right!!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kikisaulite wrote: June 18th, 2019, 10:40 amSo... I *think* I have gotten my voice back, more or less, so here are chapters 8 and 51:
the voice sounds absolutely fine, but I hope it didn't hurt you too much to record. :?

All three sections beautifully read and very informative. Sections 7 and 51 are already PL ok.

In Section 8, you missed part of the text though:

> at 12:36: (p. 37): Sorry, you forgot half a page of text. After the painting, the text of this chapter continues for another dozen lines or so. :? The layout of the book sometimes does that, a bit confusing, I know.

Thanks !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

kissy wrote: June 18th, 2019, 12:33 pmHello,
My name is Kirstin, this is my first time, and I would like sections 55 and 60 please. Hopefully I am doing this right!!
Hello and a warm welcome to the forum, Kristin. I'm happy that you are interested in this project, and I can reserve you the sections for the time being.

You have done everything right as far as the claiming-first procedure is concerned. :D

However, we strongly advice to complete a one-minute-test first before doing any official recording.
You can read all about it here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test
Please post the test in the Listeners Wanted forum: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will check it and give you advice if needed.

Once the test is ok'ed, I can assign you the sections officially. For that I would need to open a personal reader page for you, so please also tell me which reader name you want to go by. Can be the same as the forum name or your real name, or whatever.

I will hold the sections for you for one month, to give you time to sort out the test. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Sonia
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Kitty wrote: June 19th, 2019, 12:39 am
In Section 8, you missed part of the text though:

> at 12:36: (p. 37): Sorry, you forgot half a page of text. After the painting, the text of this chapter continues for another dozen lines or so. :? The layout of the book sometimes does that, a bit confusing, I know.
Wow! :shock: Indeed I did!!! The layout is confusing indeed! I thought it was the title of the next chapter!!!
the voice sounds absolutely fine, but I hope it didn't hurt you too much to record. :?
No, it does not hurt a bit, it was just common cold, but for last few weeks I sounded like old grandpa who has been smoking his whole life devotedly and passionately... :D
Glad to hear this was OK and I can record again.
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.