COMPLETE Book of American Explorers by T.W.Higginson - kiki

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

Thank you for the speedy corrections! :thumbs:

Section 20: PL OK
Section 21: PL OK

NOTE TO KRISTINE: As I was spot-checking the corrected files, I discovered that Section 19 and Section 22 seem to have been uploaded to icequeen's folder in error. So maybe you need to move them to your folder and then change the links the MW? (They are PL OK, but just in the wrong folder.) Thanks!
Kind regards,
Lucretia
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

I can just reupload them to Kristine’s folder if that helps. Sorry about that error!
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Theoretically it does not matter if a file or two are in a different folder as long as links in the MW are correct. That way they will still be correctly used during cataloging. But, just to play on the safe side (so that the files do not get deleted by accident or something like that) - Elsie, please re-upload them to my folder. Thanks! :)
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
VODuane

Post by VODuane »

Hi,
For my first reading, I'd like to read section 39. Book VIII, Sir Humphrey Gilbert (1583). I'd like to use my name Duane Desalvo, please.
Thanks!
Duane
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

Hi Larry--excellent job. Only problem I see is that the Intro should start with "Section 68" to be consistent with all the other recordings. Hope you don't mind uploading one more time. Thanks! :)
Kind regards,
Lucretia
VODuane

Post by VODuane »

I previously posted a request to read Section 39 Book VIII Sir Humphrey Gilbert but haven't heard any response. Trying again.
This would be my first read and I'd like to have my name Duane Desalvo associated with the read.
Please let me know if this is acceptable.
Thanks
Duane
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

VODuane wrote: June 4th, 2019, 9:26 am I previously posted a request to read Section 39 Book VIII Sir Humphrey Gilbert but haven't heard any response. Trying again.
This would be my first read and I'd like to have my name Duane Desalvo associated with the read.
Please let me know if this is acceptable.
Thanks
Duane

Hi Duane--So nice to have you join this project! I am not the BC (Book Coordinator) here. I serve as the DPL (Dedicated Proof-Listener). Lots of acronyms to learn around here. :) I know that Kristine, our BC for this project, will be very pleased to have you record Section 39, but sometimes it takes a bit of time for the BC to respond--especially in those situations where they may not reside in the U.S. (Librivox truly is a global effort!)

I have gone ahead and assigned Section 39 to you. And I look forward to PL'ing your completed section. Please let us know if you have any questions about the process--someone will be happy to help you. (By the way, Kristine can associate a personal website with your UserId if you have a website and if you wish to do so. Just let her know.)
Kind regards,
Lucretia
VODuane

Post by VODuane »

Hi, Lucretia!
Thanks SO much for your response and assistance! I'm so excited to do this as my first reading and will upload it, probably, tomorrow. I don't have a website yet, but will keep that in mind for the future! Do I just upload it as I did with my 1 minute test but I think there is a special section I must upload it to? I'll research the instructions to see what the procedure is.
Many thanks!
Duane
VODuane

Post by VODuane »

Hi
I'd very much like to read Section 35, Book VII The French In Florida Part I, please. Duane Desalvo
Thanks
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

VODuane wrote: June 4th, 2019, 9:49 pm Hi
I'd very much like to read Section 35, Book VII The French In Florida Part I, please. Duane Desalvo
Thanks
Hi Duane--I added you into the MW for Section 35 as well. As far as uploading your file--if you check the very first post of this thread (where the instructions are located), you will see near the bottom the information that you need to upload your file.

When you've logged into the LV Uploader, you will need to select the MC's name for this project from the dropdown menu. The MC is indicated by the initials in the title of the project thread: [Group] Book of American Explorers by T.W.Higginson - kiki So for this project, the name to select is Kikisaulite.

Yell if you have other questions!
Kind regards,
Lucretia
VODuane

Post by VODuane »

Outstanding, Lucretia! Thanks very much for your help! Have a wonderful week!
Duane
VODuane

Post by VODuane »

Hi kiki
I just posted file https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/bookofamericanexplorers_39_higginson_128kb.mp3 for section 39 reading of the Book of American Explorers. Length is 10:54.
I think I may have read some of the footnotes that shouldn't be read. please advise if any need to be removed.
THanks
Duane
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

VODuane wrote: June 5th, 2019, 10:04 am Hi kiki
I just posted file https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/bookofamericanexplorers_39_higginson_128kb.mp3 for section 39 reading of the Book of American Explorers. Length is 10:54.
I think I may have read some of the footnotes that shouldn't be read. please advise if any need to be removed.
THanks
Duane
Hi again Duane--I wanted to give you some feedback on your first recording. Really excellent!! :thumbs: All of your tech specs on the mark, volume good, no mistakes in reading the text. I have only one item for you to correct. At the end of your track you say "End of A Book of American Explorers, by Thomas Wentworth Higginson." But that line should be read only after the final section of the book. So I need you to delete that line.

Please upload the edited file using the same file name, post the link and new track length here in this thread again, and I will spot-check your correction. Thank you. :)
Kind regards,
Lucretia