[Group] A Collection of Supreme Court Opinions - lt

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
soupy

Post by soupy » August 27th, 2019, 7:40 pm

Thanks Colleen and Gretchen :thumbs:

Craig
What had been his eye’s delight, his eyes craved to see again and his ingratitude punished him by inducing him to believe it to be more beautiful than it had ever been. Soren Kierkegaard 1843
My Website
Kierkegaards Challenge

soupy

Post by soupy » August 27th, 2019, 7:47 pm

Section 9 is PLOK :thumbs:

Thanks Colleen.
What had been his eye’s delight, his eyes craved to see again and his ingratitude punished him by inducing him to believe it to be more beautiful than it had ever been. Soren Kierkegaard 1843
My Website
Kierkegaards Challenge

soupy

Post by soupy » August 27th, 2019, 7:48 pm

No response from Tparker about section 8

Section 8 is open for readers.

Craig
My Website
Kierkegaards Challenge

KevinS

Post by KevinS » August 27th, 2019, 11:28 pm

soupy wrote:
August 27th, 2019, 7:48 pm
No response from Tparker about section 8

Section 8 is open for readers.

Craig
Oh, man! I must fix all my missing 'quote' 'end of quote' from my last reading before committing to this. If no one has claimed it before then, I'll be happy to do it.

And my hope is that we'll have more decisions to read or I'm going over to read State of the Union Addresses!
E agora, José?

soupy

Post by soupy » August 28th, 2019, 3:49 am

Kevin wrote:
Oh, man! I must fix all my missing 'quote' 'end of quote' from my last reading before committing to this. If no one has claimed it before then, I'll be happy to do it.

And my hope is that we'll have more decisions to read or I'm going over to read State of the Union Addresses!
Thanks Kevin :thumbs: Section 8 is yours. The State of the Union Addresses is a big project. I don't know if I would do another court project. Maybe.

Craig
My Website
Kierkegaards Challenge

KevinS

Post by KevinS » August 28th, 2019, 6:02 am

soupy wrote:
August 28th, 2019, 3:49 am
Kevin wrote:

Thanks Kevin :thumbs: Section 8 is yours. The State of the Union Addresses is a big project. I don't know if I would do another court project. Maybe.

Craig
Lots and lots more cool decisions made over the history of the Court. This list you made, however, is pretty darn comprehensive. I guess I'd like to do a bit more labor law.

I'll try to get to 8 as soon as I can.
E agora, José?

soupy

Post by soupy » August 28th, 2019, 6:07 am

Thanks Kevin :D

Craig
My Website
Kierkegaards Challenge

KevinS

Post by KevinS » August 28th, 2019, 5:07 pm

Section 8

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/supremecourtopinions_08_unitedstatessupremecourt_128kb.mp3

35:49

Corrections to my other submission to be made---God willing---tomorrow.
E agora, José?

soupy

Post by soupy » August 29th, 2019, 5:34 am

That was fast. Thanks Kevin :thumbs:

Craig
My Website
Kierkegaards Challenge

ColleenMc

Post by ColleenMc » August 29th, 2019, 9:59 am

Cool, I will get onto section 8 (and followup with corrected versions of previous chapters) this weekend! Thanks Kevin!

I was actually looking for super boring supreme court decisions because I was thinking about doing another Insomnia Collection entry, but then I found one that was actually a Clarence Thomas decision for the DC circuit (SC is the appeals court for the DC courts so sometimes there are some pretty random cases) -- it had to do with a wild party in a vacant house and the dry tone in which some of the goings-on were described (for one thing, the alleged owner of the house/party location was known only as Peaches...) just cracked me up so I have it bookmarked for some future short non fiction collection....

I would definitely participate in another Supreme Court decision collection but I don't know if I'd PL another one -- or if I did I'd make sure that other recurring obligations like other PL projects or solos were all caught up or minimal -- exact word PL is a whole 'nother level!

Thanks for organizing this, though, Craig, you did a great job of choosing and of wrangling the recording. It's a worthwhile project!

Colleen

KevinS

Post by KevinS » August 29th, 2019, 11:37 am

ColleenMc wrote:
August 29th, 2019, 9:59 am
Cool, I will get onto section 8 (and followup with corrected versions of previous chapters) this weekend! Thanks Kevin!

I was actually looking for super boring supreme court decisions because I was thinking about doing another Insomnia Collection entry, but then I found one that was actually a Clarence Thomas decision for the DC circuit (SC is the appeals court for the DC courts so sometimes there are some pretty random cases) -- it had to do with a wild party in a vacant house and the dry tone in which some of the goings-on were described (for one thing, the alleged owner of the house/party location was known only as Peaches...) just cracked me up so I have it bookmarked for some future short non fiction collection....

I would definitely participate in another Supreme Court decision collection but I don't know if I'd PL another one -- or if I did I'd make sure that other recurring obligations like other PL projects or solos were all caught up or minimal -- exact word PL is a whole 'nother level!

Thanks for organizing this, though, Craig, you did a great job of choosing and of wrangling the recording. It's a worthwhile project!

Colleen
I don't mean to scare off any potential DPL, but you have done great work with this collection, Colleen, and I would not blame you in the least if you were to skip a potential new collection as a listener.

I would give it a go, I think, but I would probably ask for just five decisions to a collection. So, Craig, what do you think?
E agora, José?

soupy

Post by soupy » August 29th, 2019, 2:56 pm

Thanks both of you and to everyone who participated on this project :D

Kevin if we were to do one with only five decisions it would have to be on a particular subject matter.

Craig
My Website
Kierkegaards Challenge

KevinS

Post by KevinS » August 29th, 2019, 3:53 pm

soupy wrote:
August 29th, 2019, 2:56 pm

Kevin if we were to do one with only five decisions it would have to be on a particular subject matter.

Craig
Labor law!
E agora, José?

KevinS

Post by KevinS » August 29th, 2019, 5:46 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/supremecourtopinions_20_unitedstatessupremecourt_128kb.mp3

20:39

That was very good editing practice for me. I hope it turns out all right!
E agora, José?

soupy

Post by soupy » August 29th, 2019, 6:07 pm

Thanks Kevin :thumbs:

Colleen will listen :D

Craig
My Website
Kierkegaards Challenge