[GRP] My First Book by Various - lt

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16996
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » May 6th, 2019, 7:25 pm

KevinS wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 6:14 pm
Section 17, please.
Go for it!
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore 30 sections remaining
Stories by Foreign Authors -German Authors 2 sections remaining

silverquill
Posts: 10289
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » May 11th, 2019, 4:07 pm

jfgallagher wrote:
April 20th, 2019, 4:21 pm
Here is my rendition of the Introduction:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/myfirstbook_00_various_128kb.mp3

recording time 13:01.

It's not quite 100% accurate, but hopefully it is close enough to make sense. Just let me know.

Thanks!

Jim G.
Sorry to have slipped on the PL for this project!
I'm not on the road for a few more days and had some problems downloading files, but have them all now and will PL as quickly as I can.

The reading of this one is fine, but the bit rate is wrong:

MP3 Format
~107 kbps (variable) 44,100 Hz Mono

We need 128 kbps constant, of course.

silverquill
Posts: 10289
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » May 11th, 2019, 4:10 pm

Section 7 is PL OK.
Thanks!

pschempf
Posts: 1423
Joined: April 5th, 2013, 8:28 pm
Location: Coastal Alaska Rainforest
Contact:

Post by pschempf » May 11th, 2019, 5:49 pm

Thank you, Larry!
Fritz

"A small daily task, if it be really daily, will beat the labors of a spasmodic Hercules."

Trollope

johnb2
Posts: 1013
Joined: September 10th, 2011, 9:41 am
Location: Ohio

Post by johnb2 » May 12th, 2019, 12:16 pm

Hi Lynnet

section 3 - THE WRECK OF THE 'GROSVENOR.' By W. Clark, please.

john

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16996
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » May 12th, 2019, 2:04 pm

johnb2 wrote:
May 12th, 2019, 12:16 pm
Hi Lynnet

section 3 - THE WRECK OF THE 'GROSVENOR.' By W. Clark, please.

john
Go for it!
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore 30 sections remaining
Stories by Foreign Authors -German Authors 2 sections remaining

jfgallagher
Posts: 102
Joined: August 20th, 2018, 2:44 pm
Location: Texas, USA

Post by jfgallagher » May 13th, 2019, 6:52 am

silverquill wrote:
May 11th, 2019, 4:07 pm
jfgallagher wrote:
April 20th, 2019, 4:21 pm
Here is my rendition of the Introduction:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/myfirstbook_00_various_128kb.mp3

recording time 13:01.

It's not quite 100% accurate, but hopefully it is close enough to make sense. Just let me know.

Thanks!

Jim G.
Sorry to have slipped on the PL for this project!
I'm not on the road for a few more days and had some problems downloading files, but have them all now and will PL as quickly as I can.

The reading of this one is fine, but the bit rate is wrong:

MP3 Format
~107 kbps (variable) 44,100 Hz Mono

We need 128 kbps constant, of course.
Thanks for letting me know Larry! Not sure how that would have happened, but oh well! Here is the corrected file:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/myfirstbook_00_various_128kb.mp3
recording time 13:01

Jim G.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16996
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » May 13th, 2019, 10:06 am

jfgallagher wrote:
May 13th, 2019, 6:52 am
silverquill wrote:
May 11th, 2019, 4:07 pm
jfgallagher wrote:
April 20th, 2019, 4:21 pm
Here is my rendition of the Introduction:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/myfirstbook_00_various_128kb.mp3

recording time 13:01.

It's not quite 100% accurate, but hopefully it is close enough to make sense. Just let me know.

Thanks!

Jim G.
Sorry to have slipped on the PL for this project!
I'm not on the road for a few more days and had some problems downloading files, but have them all now and will PL as quickly as I can.

The reading of this one is fine, but the bit rate is wrong:

MP3 Format
~107 kbps (variable) 44,100 Hz Mono

We need 128 kbps constant, of course.
Thank you
Thanks for letting me know Larry! Not sure how that would have happened, but oh well! Here is the corrected file:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/myfirstbook_00_various_128kb.mp3
recording time 13:01

Jim G.
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore 30 sections remaining
Stories by Foreign Authors -German Authors 2 sections remaining

johnb2
Posts: 1013
Joined: September 10th, 2011, 9:41 am
Location: Ohio

Post by johnb2 » May 13th, 2019, 12:02 pm


Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16996
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » May 13th, 2019, 1:47 pm

johnb2 wrote:
May 13th, 2019, 12:02 pm
Hi Lynnet and Larry

Chapter 03 @ 20:04

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/myfirstbook_03_various_128kb.mp3

john
Thank you
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore 30 sections remaining
Stories by Foreign Authors -German Authors 2 sections remaining

silverquill
Posts: 10289
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » May 14th, 2019, 12:03 am

I had the PL done, but couldn't get to where I could update the MW.
I'll get to John's Section 3 soon, and all other sections are PL OK!

(Back home and in catch up mode).

lynne99
Posts: 40
Joined: October 22nd, 2009, 1:20 pm
Location: North Carolina

Post by lynne99 » May 14th, 2019, 12:32 pm

Lynnet,

I have posted my file here for Chapter 17:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/myfirstbook_17_various_128kb.mp3

Please let me know if there are any issues.

Lynne

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16996
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » May 14th, 2019, 1:21 pm

lynne99 wrote:
May 14th, 2019, 12:32 pm
Lynnet,

I have posted my file here for Chapter 17:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/myfirstbook_17_various_128kb.mp3

Please let me know if there are any issues.

Lynne
Thank you. How long is it please?
Just to clarify, do you mean 16 or 17? You asked for 16 (Marie Corelli). 17 (Jerome K. Jerome) has been assigned to someone else.
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore 30 sections remaining
Stories by Foreign Authors -German Authors 2 sections remaining

lynne99
Posts: 40
Joined: October 22nd, 2009, 1:20 pm
Location: North Carolina

Post by lynne99 » May 14th, 2019, 3:08 pm

Sorry. It is Chapter 16. Let me fix the file and I will repost it along with the time.

lynne99
Posts: 40
Joined: October 22nd, 2009, 1:20 pm
Location: North Carolina

Post by lynne99 » May 14th, 2019, 5:03 pm

Lynne,

I have reposted my file for Section 16. Sorry about the error on my part. The recording runs 25 minutes. Here is the link to the recording:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/myfirstbook_16_various_128kb.mp3

Hope all is well now.

Lynne

Post Reply