BettyB

Post by BettyB »

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both!
Carolin
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

chapters 4 and 6 are both PL OK :thumbs: Also, what's up with all the "which see"? I found them confusing.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
MrMike79

Post by MrMike79 »

Greetings! May I take sections 7 and 8?

Have a great day!

Mike G.
dboccuti

Post by dboccuti »

May I claim Section 5?
Dave
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you all :D
Carolin
dboccuti

Post by dboccuti »

Hi,

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to display and turn pages in this book for ease of reading while recording on an Apple laptop? I usually use ibooks but this book of ices doesn't play nice with iBooks. Best I can find so far is using the pdf in single page view and turn my laptop on it's side for a "portrait" orientation of the screen. A little awkward to press the page turn buttons.

Thoughts? What have others done?

Thanks,
Dave
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hiya, you can download the pdf and scroll normally as with any other pdf if thats easier for you. I personally click page turn during a tiny pause and edit out the sound of the click. Resist the temptation of using the txt file, it is riddled with mistakes. :)
Carolin
Foon

Post by Foon »

dboccuti wrote: March 13th, 2019, 4:35 am Hi,

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to display and turn pages in this book for ease of reading while recording on an Apple laptop? I usually use ibooks but this book of ices doesn't play nice with iBooks. Best I can find so far is using the pdf in single page view and turn my laptop on it's side for a "portrait" orientation of the screen. A little awkward to press the page turn buttons.

Thoughts? What have others done?

Thanks,
Dave
What I do when reading from Archive is putting it on single-page view on the website and scroll through as needed (instead of flipping the pages). Taking the time to flip the page annoys me, especially if there is a long sentence with no natural pauses during which you can flip. In single-page view you can scroll through and there's no need to flip as such.
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
dboccuti

Post by dboccuti »

Foon wrote: March 13th, 2019, 9:06 am What I do when reading from Archive is putting it on single-page view on the website and scroll through as needed (instead of flipping the pages). Taking the time to flip the page annoys me, especially if there is a long sentence with no natural pauses during which you can flip. In single-page view you can scroll through and there's no need to flip as such.
dboccuti wrote: March 13th, 2019, 4:35 am
Wow, that's awesome - thanks! Never tried that before.
Dave
dboccuti

Post by dboccuti »

Just noticed, too, that in Firefox (on a MacBook) the up/down arrows don't work to scroll through the archive document. But in Safari it works fine.
dboccuti

Post by dboccuti »

Section 5 complated and uploaded. 12:30 duration

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/bookofice_05_williams_128kb.mp3
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Section 5 is PL OK :thumbs:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both :thumbs:
Carolin