[CHILDREN'S ADVENTURE] Haworth's by Frances Hodgson Burnett - ke

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
johnb2
Posts: 1976
Joined: September 10th, 2011, 9:41 am
Location: Ohio

Post by johnb2 » December 7th, 2020, 12:40 pm

Hi

I'd like to do 53 and 54, if I may.

kathrinee
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8468
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 5:09 am
Location: in the sun

Post by kathrinee » December 14th, 2020, 8:17 pm

Thank you for claiming, John! :thumbs:
Kathrine

smithjeanb
Posts: 75
Joined: September 10th, 2020, 4:05 pm

Post by smithjeanb » December 16th, 2020, 4:21 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/haworths_34_burnett_128kb.mp3 LENGTH 20:51

I had to read the book first. And then I had to practice the accent. I'm not sure that I did ok. Please let me know if it's acceptable. And if it is, I'll take section 37.

smithjeanb
Posts: 75
Joined: September 10th, 2020, 4:05 pm

Post by smithjeanb » December 16th, 2020, 4:22 pm

I meant to say that I'm sorry it took me so long to record section 34.

ej400
Posts: 2867
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » December 20th, 2020, 3:00 pm

smithjeanb wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 4:22 pm
I meant to say that I'm sorry it took me so long to record section 34.
smithjeanb wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 4:21 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/haworths_34_burnett_128kb.mp3 LENGTH 20:51

I had to read the book first. And then I had to practice the accent. I'm not sure that I did ok. Please let me know if it's acceptable. And if it is, I'll take section 37.
That's OK, now worries! I've got this in the MW :D

smithjeanb
Posts: 75
Joined: September 10th, 2020, 4:05 pm

Post by smithjeanb » December 20th, 2020, 3:02 pm

What’s the MW??

smithjeanb
Posts: 75
Joined: September 10th, 2020, 4:05 pm

Post by smithjeanb » December 20th, 2020, 3:04 pm

I just figured it out 🤣 Thanks!

johnb2
Posts: 1976
Joined: September 10th, 2011, 9:41 am
Location: Ohio

Post by johnb2 » December 21st, 2020, 4:03 pm

Hi Kathrinee

Chapter 53 @ 11:19

"tis a divil of a bouk to read!"

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/haworths_53_burnett_128kb.mp3
Last edited by johnb2 on December 22nd, 2020, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

johnb2
Posts: 1976
Joined: September 10th, 2011, 9:41 am
Location: Ohio

Post by johnb2 » December 22nd, 2020, 10:21 am


kathrinee
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8468
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 5:09 am
Location: in the sun

Post by kathrinee » December 22nd, 2020, 1:39 pm

Thank you, John!
Kathrine

smithjeanb
Posts: 75
Joined: September 10th, 2020, 4:05 pm

Post by smithjeanb » December 22nd, 2020, 4:32 pm

Can I ask a stupid question? What is Christian to the Murdoch family? Why does she hate her mother? And why did the Murdochs take her in? Ok, that’s 3 questions. I just don’t get it. And I’ve read the entire book. :(

smithjeanb
Posts: 75
Joined: September 10th, 2020, 4:05 pm

Post by smithjeanb » December 23rd, 2020, 9:18 am


smithjeanb
Posts: 75
Joined: September 10th, 2020, 4:05 pm

Post by smithjeanb » December 23rd, 2020, 9:19 am

I'll take section 49

kathrinee
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8468
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 5:09 am
Location: in the sun

Post by kathrinee » December 23rd, 2020, 5:20 pm

smithjeanb wrote:
December 22nd, 2020, 4:32 pm
Can I ask a stupid question? What is Christian to the Murdoch family? Why does she hate her mother? And why did the Murdochs take her in? Ok, that’s 3 questions. I just don’t get it. And I’ve read the entire book. :(
There is no such thing as a stupid question! Unfortunately, despite being the proof-listener of this project (I have listened to probably half of the sections that have been submitted) I don't know the answer to your questions. Sorry! Maybe some of the readers know? Please chime in if you know or want to hazard a guess!
Kathrine

kathrinee
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8468
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 5:09 am
Location: in the sun

Post by kathrinee » December 23rd, 2020, 5:22 pm

smithjeanb wrote:
December 23rd, 2020, 9:18 am
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/haworths_37_burnett_128kb.mp3 Length is 10:35
Thank you for the recording! I'm signing you up for section 49 as well. Thank you :D
Kathrine

Post Reply