[COMPLETE] The Fir-Tree Fairy Book by Clifton Johnson - ck/tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Horner94

Post by Horner94 »

Hello Luke,

Just in case you did not see the message I posted earlier, I have included 5 seconds of silence at the end of the recording.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/firtreefairybook_35_johnson_128kb.mp3 Time 13:36

Kind regards,
Chad
LexHankins

Post by LexHankins »

linny wrote: March 2nd, 2019, 1:29 pm Chapter 11 is also PL OK but in the future please don't spell out librivox. We just say librivox dot org.
Shall I submit a correction? It's easy enough.
--
Lex (she/her)
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

LexHankins wrote: March 5th, 2019, 8:07 pm
linny wrote: March 2nd, 2019, 1:29 pm Chapter 11 is also PL OK but in the future please don't spell out librivox. We just say librivox dot org.
It's fine but if you want to...
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]
Foon

Post by Foon »

cowguy02 wrote: March 5th, 2019, 1:06 pm
Sure sorry its a crazy day. Section 7. And the ends of the sentances were just gone. I can send more detail later but i have to run now.
Ok, I'll wait to hear from you then. Please note though, I did not submit a section 7, so do let me know which section you are referring to.
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

Foon wrote: March 6th, 2019, 5:38 am
Sure sorry its a crazy day. Section 7. And the ends of the sentances were just gone. I can send more detail later but i have to run now.
Ok, I'll wait to hear from you then. Please note though, I did not submit a section 7, so do let me know which section you are referring to.
Sorry section 22 I just PMed you
Foon

Post by Foon »

cowguy02 wrote: March 6th, 2019, 10:23 am
cowguy02 wrote:March 6th, 2019, 10:22 am Hi Foon!

So it was section 22 and the files sound like the end of the sentences is just one. I am not sure what happened but I heard it about 1 min in. If you could check and let me know if it was just a mistake or something I would be most grateful.
Hi Luke,
It's customary (and useful) that PL notes are posted in the thread. That way, it's clear to everyone involved what needs to be done, and also saves the notes in a public space (which is useful in case you or I disappear from LV for some reason).

Then, usually people give PL notes in for example the following format:
PL note section X:
mm:ss [text as it should have been read] [your comment on it]
So in this case, that would be something like:
PL note section 22:
1:xx The sentence "xxx xxx xxx" gets cuts off starting from the words "xxx xxx".
(obviously replacing the x's with the proper information.)

The useful thing about having someone else to PL is that they might hear something the reader doesn't hear themselves. It's beneficial if you identify 1. the time stamp(s) of the requested edit(s), and 2. what specifically needs changing, since sending me on a wild goose chase to find something that could use fixing in my recording that's only been vaguely described is a bit of a waste of time--if you're taking the time to write down comments anyways, might as well do it with some accuracy.

I will leave it at this for now and go on my goose chase when I get a chance to, but please take a bit more care in giving future PL notes.

Foon
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

Foon wrote: March 6th, 2019, 12:25 pm

So it was section 22 and the files sound like the end of the sentences is just one. I am not sure what happened but I heard it about 1 min in. If you could check and let me know if it was just a mistake or something I would be most grateful.
Hi Luke,
It's customary (and useful) that PL notes are posted in the thread. That way, it's clear to everyone involved what needs to be done, and also saves the notes in a public space (which is useful in case you or I disappear from LV for some reason).

PL note section X:
PL note section 22:
1:xx The sentence "xxx xxx xxx" gets cuts off starting from the words "xxx xxx".

The useful thing about having someone else to PL is that they might hear something the reader doesn't hear themselves. It's beneficial if you identify 1. the time stamp(s) of the requested edit(s), and 2. what specifically needs changing, since sending me on a wild goose chase to find something that could use fixing in my recording that's only been vaguely described is a bit of a waste of time--if you're taking the time to write down comments anyways, might as well do it with some accuracy.

I will leave it at this for now and go on my goose chase when I get a chance to, but please take a bit more care in giving future PL notes.

Foon

Thanks! I’m still pretty new to PLing and I was trying to keep the thread clean. But I’ll make sure all the PL notes go in the thread from now on
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Here is Section 39:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/firtreefairybook_39_johnson_128kb.mp3

Run time is 8:26

Take care,

Greg
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you all! :D
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

LexHankins wrote: March 5th, 2019, 8:07 pm
Hi lex, no need to fix it for this time. This was a note just for your future recordings :) thank you!
Carolin
carrielsherry

Post by carrielsherry »

Hi Carolin,

I've finally got section 5 ready; I've been sick for most of the past two months, but I think my voice is mostly back on track now!!

section #05 -- https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/firtreefairybook_05_johnson_128kb.mp3 (16:51)

Please let me know if there are any improvements you'd like; I switched mics from the one I used on my test to get something a little more consistent and the sound is slightly echoey (but no more than some others that have been approved). Let me know if you'd like me to do some sound editing or to rerecord.

Thanks!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :D
Carolin
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

Foon wrote: March 6th, 2019, 12:25 pm

Hi Luke,

PL note section X:
PL note section 22:

Foon
Hi Foon! Sorry I’m so behind. Section 19 is PL OK :thumbs:
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
enz2103

Post by enz2103 »

May I please have a one-month extension for my recording?

I have been quite busy lately and have failed to record The Fir Tree. However, I should have time either this weekend or next weekend.