[GRP] State of the Union Addresses 1869-1876 Ulysses S. Grant- m8b1

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Shasta
Posts: 349
Joined: February 11th, 2017, 8:55 pm

Post by Shasta » January 11th, 2019, 3:34 pm

I could take Section 4, December 4, 1871
Russ Bruno

linny
Posts: 10124
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » January 12th, 2019, 9:19 am

Shasta wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 3:34 pm
I could take Section 4, December 4, 1871
That would be great. Thank you, Russ.

linny
Posts: 10124
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » January 12th, 2019, 9:27 am

realisticspeakers wrote:
January 6th, 2019, 11:20 am
linny wrote:
January 6th, 2019, 8:06 am
Section 11 PL note.
8:32 - The report of the Secretary of the Treasury shows the receipts from customs for the fiscal year ending June 30, 1874, to have been $163,103,833.69, and for the fiscal year ending June 30, 1875, to have been $157,267,722.35, a decrease for the last fiscal year of $5,936,111.34.
I hear 163 billion
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/stateoftheunion1869_1876_11_various_128kb.mp3

changed billion to million. This edit was 'meh'.
If you made more mistakes then the correction process would be more interesting. :lol:

Spot check PL OK.

Sorry for the delay. My husband headed back overseas last night. I should stay caught up for the next 119 days. :roll:

realisticspeakers
Posts: 793
Joined: December 6th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Post by realisticspeakers » January 12th, 2019, 5:28 pm

"Kind reader,
if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."

eWinters
Posts: 25
Joined: August 30th, 2018, 3:38 am

Post by eWinters » January 12th, 2019, 7:22 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/stateoftheunion1869_1876_02_various_128kb.mp3

31:18

Hope to get section 3 done quicker (it's shorter, anyway...)

Unfortunately, like the noob I am, I accidentally uploaded this with the wrong file name initially, calling it section 1 instead of two. (https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/stateoftheunion1869_1876_01_various_128kb.mp3). Is there anything else I can/need to do to fix that?

OwenCook
Posts: 150
Joined: June 14th, 2016, 3:56 pm

Post by OwenCook » January 12th, 2019, 7:51 pm

Might I claim sections 8 and 9 (Grant’s 1874 state of the union)?

Three cheers for Unconditional Surrender Grant!
~~Owen

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8948
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State

Post by m8b1 » January 13th, 2019, 7:14 am

eWinters wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Unfortunately, like the noob I am, I accidentally uploaded this with the wrong file name initially, calling it section 1 instead of two. (https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/stateoftheunion1869_1876_01_various_128kb.mp3). Is there anything else I can/need to do to fix that?
No worries, I will rename it for you ~ but I probably won't be able to do so until tomorrow. :)

linny
Posts: 10124
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » January 13th, 2019, 9:11 am

eWinters wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 7:22 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/stateoftheunion1869_1876_02_various_128kb.mp3

31:18

Hope to get section 3 done quicker (it's shorter, anyway...)

Unfortunately, like the noob I am, I accidentally uploaded this with the wrong file name initially, calling it section 1 instead of two. (https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/stateoftheunion1869_1876_01_various_128kb.mp3). Is there anything else I can/need to do to fix that?
Since you also uploaded it as the correct section 2 title it will work itself out when Colleen uploads her section 1 and overwrites your mistaken file. The only time it can be a challenge is when the other file already exists. If Colleens section 1 was already uploaded then you would have overwritten hers and then we have to go back and get hers. The system saves them all so it's not a disaster just an extra step. Thanks for letting us know.

linny
Posts: 10124
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » January 13th, 2019, 9:12 am

m8b1 wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 7:14 am
eWinters wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Unfortunately, like the noob I am, I accidentally uploaded this with the wrong file name initially, calling it section 1 instead of two. (https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/stateoftheunion1869_1876_01_various_128kb.mp3). Is there anything else I can/need to do to fix that?
No worries, I will rename it for you ~ but I probably won't be able to do so until tomorrow. :)
No need Maria. It will be fine. The file was also uploaded with the correct file name.

linny
Posts: 10124
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » January 13th, 2019, 11:43 am

I seem to be repeating myself here but I really enjoy your pacing.

Section 12 is PL OK! :clap:

linny
Posts: 10124
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » January 13th, 2019, 11:46 am

OwenCook wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 7:51 pm
Might I claim sections 8 and 9 (Grant’s 1874 state of the union)?

Three cheers for Unconditional Surrender Grant!
~~Owen
Hello Owen,
I hope you enjoyed your holidays. It's good to have you back. MW updated.

realisticspeakers
Posts: 793
Joined: December 6th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Post by realisticspeakers » January 13th, 2019, 12:12 pm

linny wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 11:43 am
I seem to be repeating myself here but I really enjoy your pacing.
methinks one can never repeats themselves too much 8-)
"Kind reader,
if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."

linny
Posts: 10124
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » January 13th, 2019, 1:09 pm

Nicely done! I'm impressed.

A couple of pl notes to clear up and this section will be good to go.

0:17 extra wording (please delete) – State of the Union Addresses (1869-1876) Ulysses S. Grant, December 5, 1870, part 1

15:30 missing words - The question may then be determined, either by the action of the Senate upon the treaty or the joint action of the two Houses of Congress upon a resolution of annexation, as in the case of the acquisition of Texas.

24:21 repeat – During the conferences which preceded the negotiation of the convention of 1818 the British commissioners proposed to expressly exclude the fishermen of the United States from "the privilege of carrying on trade with any of His Britannic Majesty's subjects residing within the limits assigned for their use;"

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8948
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State

Post by m8b1 » January 13th, 2019, 5:34 pm

linny wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 9:12 am
m8b1 wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 7:14 am
eWinters wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Unfortunately, like the noob I am, I accidentally uploaded this with the wrong file name initially, calling it section 1 instead of two. (https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/stateoftheunion1869_1876_01_various_128kb.mp3). Is there anything else I can/need to do to fix that?
No worries, I will rename it for you ~ but I probably won't be able to do so until tomorrow. :)
No need Maria. It will be fine. The file was also uploaded with the correct file name.
Sorry! I read that wrong ~ thank you for catching it, Linny! :oops:

Shasta
Posts: 349
Joined: February 11th, 2017, 8:55 pm

Post by Shasta » January 13th, 2019, 6:52 pm

Russ Bruno

Post Reply