COMPLETE Ancient Tales and Folklore of Japan by RG Smith -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lcastleb1

Post by lcastleb1 »

Ok. So I tried uploading the test file to the test site but receive this error.

KB Error SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

As an FYI I did make sure to remove all tags. But still receive the error.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Larry -

Sometimes the uploader gets a little cranky. Just try entering the URL again and entering the login and try to upload again. If you get the error again just wait a few minutes and then repeat the process starting with refreshing the URL.

Let us know if you continue to have issues - best to post the 1 minute test on the Listeners Wanted page and also if you are having issues too.

Lynda
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hi larry, in these cases you can best try again the next day. The uploader sometimes rejects files for no apparent reason (at least i cant explain it), but it magically works again after a few hours. Thank you!
Carolin
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

May I claim Section 17, please?

Thank you!
Josh Kibbey
MelodiaVox

Post by MelodiaVox »

Hello - For PL please find my assigned section:
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/folklore_13_smith_128kb.mp3 - 10:12

Thank you for any feedback you may have.
rami

Post by rami »

Hi !
I am new to recording (my first to be specific :) )
can I claim section number 29 under the name of "The Perpetual Life-Giving Wine of Torijima".
I would like my pseudoname to be "The voiceteller" please and thank you .
Last edited by rami on January 18th, 2019, 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Great Lynda!
All pick ups were cleanly done. Thanks for your efforts. *Smile*

Carolin.
I'm not even sure how to research an answer to this question, so please tell me.
What is the prefered way (if there is such a convention, or by personal preference) to let you know when a time stamp needs to be changed?
I know you can do it manually, but am not sure how to communicate with you the need.

As always, Many Thanks!
~Angelique
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

MelodiaVox

Thank you for any feedback you may have.
Section 13 is PL OK!
Nicely read, Maria; your reading well flows!

If you would like, you may add a note to your signature, along the lines of "CC (constructive criticism) requested."
Please do not be upset though if you receive little detailed feedback. Prooflisteners are usually required to keep critique to a minimum, and other readers may not feel comfortable giving peer notes. *Smile*

Having said that, I DO hope to hear more from you soon; there are several other short sections available here on this project.
CERTAINLY, you are invited to narrate any length of story, but when just learning, it can be helpful to select sections with fewer words.

Thanks for your contribution!
~Angelique
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you all :thumbs:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

BurgundyGrace wrote: January 18th, 2019, 3:44 pm Carolin.
I'm not even sure how to research an answer to this question, so please tell me.
What is the prefered way (if there is such a convention, or by personal preference) to let you know when a time stamp needs to be changed?
I know you can do it manually, but am not sure how to communicate with you the need.
Hiya, im not sure i understand exactly what you mean, but the best thing is just to post in the thread :)
That said, differences of a second or two usually dont matter much. The duration of the final product is calculated by the system, based on the file and not on the notes. We use the duration in the notes field to let the proof listener know what theyre getting into, and for a final comparison when the project is complete- sometimes files can get cut off in transfer and so we compare the length reported by the reader with the length calculated by archive to make sure this didnt happen.
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

rami wrote: January 18th, 2019, 3:25 pm Hi !
I am new to recording (my first to be specific :) )
can I claim section number 29 under the name of "The Perpetual Life-Giving Wine of Torijima".
I would like my pseudoname to be "The voiceteller" please and thank you .
Hi and welcome to librivox!

Thank you for claiming! I have signed you up, your personal catalog page is here https://librivox.org/reader/13070

You can get started right away, have fun and please let us know if you have any questions!
Carolin
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Carolin

Hiya, im not sure i understand exactly what you mean, but the best thing is just to post in the thread :)
That said, differences of a second or two usually dont matter much. The duration of the final product is calculated by the system, based on the file and not on the notes. We use the duration in the notes field to let the proof listener know what theyre getting into, and for a final comparison when the project is complete- sometimes files can get cut off in transfer and so we compare the length reported by the reader with the length calculated by archive to make sure this didnt happen.
Thanks, Carolin. You answered the question AND taught me something new!
~Angelique
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

:D
Carolin
rami

Post by rami »

Hi Carolin!
I've completed my recording. I really hope you like it.

Link : https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/folklore_29_smith_128kb.mp3
length : 10:49.

Rami ;)