[COMPLETE] The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night (Arabian Nights), Vol 10 - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Check - not forgotten, just slow (and being distracted by PLing duties! :) )
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Here is my section finally, duration is 28:52
I can't say I'm happy with it, but...

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/arabiannightsvolume10_19_anonymous_128kb.mp3
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you! :D
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Section 19: The reading's great, but we need to notch the volume up a bit. ReplayGain is suggesting that it needs to be amplified by 3.7dB; you've only got 1.5dB of headroom though before you start clipping so you'll probably need a little light compression too.
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

SkyRider wrote: July 12th, 2019, 10:50 am Section 19: The reading's great, but we need to notch the volume up a bit. ReplayGain is suggesting that it needs to be amplified by 3.7dB; you've only got 1.5dB of headroom though before you start clipping so you'll probably need a little light compression too.
Wow, indeed no other comments! :shock: I was kind of waiting for a looong list to correct. :lol: Feel relieved!!!
Thanks for catching the volume! Volume amplified and file re-uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/arabiannightsvolume10_19_anonymous_128kb.mp3
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Kikisaulite wrote: July 13th, 2019, 10:49 am Wow, indeed no other comments! :shock: I was kind of waiting for a looong list to correct.
Sorry to disappoint you. I did listen carefully - honest!
Volume amplified and file re-uploaded.
Spot PL OK.

Cheers,
Paul
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

SkyRider wrote: July 13th, 2019, 1:39 pm
Sorry to disappoint you. I did listen carefully - honest!
Volume amplified and file re-uploaded.
Spot PL OK.

Cheers,
Paul
Thanks so much, Paul! :D
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Section 18: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/arabiannightsvolume10_18_anonymous_128kb.mp3

Urgh! My French is rustier than I thought it was. I'll need to brush it up a bit before going there on holiday in a few weeks...
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank youuuuu! I'm a bit swamped and away from home at the moment, but I'll try to squeeze some PLing in as soon as I can, so we can get this baby catalogued! :D
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

SkyRider wrote: July 19th, 2019, 7:51 am Section 18: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/arabiannightsvolume10_18_anonymous_128kb.mp3

Urgh! My French is rustier than I thought it was. I'll need to brush it up a bit before going there on holiday in a few weeks...
Marvellous reading, Paul! I find Burton's trashing of other editions hilarious :lol:
No comments on the reading itself, however, I noticed that all throughout the section there are instances of clipping, and the distortion is audible. Could you run it through a round of compression and reupload? :)

Readers needed:
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Thanks, Foon. I can't hear any clipping on my copy, but in case the file got damaged somehow in transit I've remastered it. I've also fed it through a decrackle filter in case what you're picking up on is the pollen-induced fry that I always get at hayfever time. :(

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/arabiannightsvolume10_18_anonymous_128kb.mp3

Duration etc unchanged.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I did a quick download and listen to the last section, and it seems OK to me. Are we ready to catalog, Foon? :)
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you Tricia! I'm on low key holidays at the moment, and I'm having very little computer time... Thought I'd be able to listen sooner. Yes, if it sounds good to you, I'm very happy for us to head to the catalogue!! :D

Readers needed:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-book-of-the-thousand-nights-and-a-night-volume-10-by-anonymous/
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you Tricia, for all your behind the scenes work!

Thank you Josh, Mark, Mike, endlessriver, safasofia, Tricia, Paul, Kristine, Amelia, Jeff, and Elsie, for lending your wonderful voices to bring this book to life.

And an especial thank you to Paul for listening to all of our recordings and helpful advice! I'm happy you wanted to 'stay on' for another volume! :D

Readers needed: