[COMPLETE]World's Story 5: Italy, France, Spain, Portugal - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

In looking at my claimed sections, I was a bit befuddled to see my name by section 38, because it didn't sound familiar at all. I see that, back at the beginning of this project, I did indeed include that one in my list of claims, but I can't for the life of me remember what appealed to me about it. I wonder if it was even a typo on my part. Regardless, in skimming over this section, I realize I'd rather not read it after all, so I'll return 38 to the pool, if you don't mind, and keep my other sections.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I think I see what happened. It looks like the sections were re-numbered at some point. Because although I claimed:
mightyfelix wrote: November 5th, 2018, 12:05 pm 7, 26, 38, 76, and 85,
I'm now signed up for 7, 26, 38, 75, and 84. And I do specifically remember wanting 75 and 84. Ah well, be that as it may, 38 is up for grabs, as far as I'm concerned.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I can do the remaining five if no one else wants one or more of them. Those are, I think, 38, 42, 61, 89, and 90. Jim :thumbs:
Adamsantoni

Post by Adamsantoni »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: January 9th, 2019, 5:49 pmI think I see what happened. It looks like the sections were re-numbered at some point. Because although I claimed:
mightyfelix wrote: November 5th, 2018, 12:05 pm 7, 26, 38, 76, and 85,
I'm now signed up for 7, 26, 38, 75, and 84. And I do specifically remember wanting 75 and 84. Ah well, be that as it may, 38 is up for grabs, as far as I'm concerned.
yes but the renumbering only affected those sections after 41 if I remember correctly, so your claim of 38 would not have changed then. However, no problem. :) I'll release the claim again. Thanks for letting me know and I hope you have fun with the other sections.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: January 9th, 2019, 5:52 pmI can do the remaining five if no one else wants one or more of them. Those are, I think, 38, 42, 61, 89, and 90. Jim :thumbs:
wow, thank you, Jim :9: That means we're fully claimed at the moment and I can move the project out of Readers Wanted. :D

Adam and Jim: thank you for your sections, I will PL them shortly !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

le me put those two together in one feedback message :)

well, congrats on two of your first official LV recordings. I hope you liked the whole process, so there will be more to come soon :9:
edit: oh I see you already participated in another project, so it's not your very first section. :wink:

Your narrative is excellent and wonderful to listen to, nicely paced, flawless reading and as an added bonus, you have a great pronunciation of the Spanish town names. :thumbs: I'm so happy you chose to participate in this project.

I do have a couple of notes to correct before I can mark the sections ok though. Just three small things, easily corrected, so no need to re-record the whole thing ;)

For Section 101:

> from 0:35-1:28: concerning the historical note at the beginning: I’m very sorry, but each section is treated as a separate section in this book :( If you have a look at the Magic Window, the historical note was already recorded in section 100 by Hypatia. So this part unfortunately needs to be cut out from your section. If Section 100 had not yet been claimed, I could have given you that section as well now, but as it stands, this part sadly has got to be cut. Sorry about that.

> at 9:35: “End of Section 101” – you say “chapter”, could you switch that to the standard “section” here please so that the beginning and end disclaimer match in wording ?

> at 9:38: you have over 8 seconds of silence at the end, please cut down to our standard 5 seconds

For Section 107:

> at 6:22: “End of Section 107” – also here, please switch "Chapter" to “Section”.

So basically it's only two cuts and two re-recordings of the end disclaimer. This should be fairly easy to correct :) If you have any trouble, please don't hesitate to ask. And most importantly, name your corrected file exactly the same way as the old one. (no "version 2" or anything in the name) Once you reupload, the old file gets replaced by the new file in the MW.

Thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

oh this was an interesting story and even funny in many parts, despite the dramatic topic. I had to laugh at the expression "along with embryo escribanos" :lol:

Almost word perfect, but I found one error that I think needs correcting:

> at 4:06: (p. 467): “as vice-gerent of the king” – you say “vice-regent”, but I think this is a significant difference in the hierarchy. I don’t think the king of Spain had any kind of vice-regent that would rule for him. A “gerent” is only granted power over some city, if I understand correctly, more like a sheriff or mayor. This is what wikipedia explains: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicegerent

The rest as always, excellent, Jim. Thank you :)

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Ok. I thought it was a misprint. I'll fix. Thanks, Jim
catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

here is section 118. I had fun reading it:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume05_118_tappan_128kb.mp3 (24:29)

Sandra
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

catharmaiden wrote: January 10th, 2019, 1:11 pm here is section 118. I had fun reading it:
thanks Sandra :) will PL tomorrow. Too late tonight...

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

catharmaiden wrote: January 10th, 2019, 1:11 pm here is section 118. I had fun reading it:
wonderfully action-packed and engagingly narrated, Sandra. Every moment I expected Sean Bean to show up as Sharpe :lol: I loved the different voices you were giving all the soldiers, especially the Irish Mike :9:

Totally PL ok. Thanks so much

Sonia